You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Official generic DFB-Pokal discussion thread

Discussions on the German Cup matches.
 

Re: Official generic DFB-Pokal discussion thread

Postby #12 » Sat May 01, 2021 9:49 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:The circumstances are complete different then and now. Kiel is focusing on the BL race, not the pokal. I would even say that BVB back then, in our match against them, would have had probably even more trouble.
Erm... And what were we focusing on? That’s a CHEAP excuse, sorry... Just say we couldn’t be bothered to actually play and I‘m okay with it, but come on!
Aren’t Dortmund focusing on the CL?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 28515
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1430 times
Been thanked: 6285 times
Gender: Male

Re: Official generic DFB-Pokal discussion thread

Postby #12 » Sat May 01, 2021 9:50 pm

Ben Gardner wrote:
#12 wrote:
Ben Gardner wrote:Using the logic discussed in a another thread this should mean that Dortmund is actually a better team than Bayern.
No idea where you got that...
It should mean that Kiel is a shitty team and that it‘s embarrassing to lose to them...

I got it from the logic that if you embarras yourself you can't claim to be better than the team who avoided embarrassment.
No... If you embarrass yourself NUMEROUS times within weeks, you can‘t claim to be "the best team out there" - there’s a difference...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 28515
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1430 times
Been thanked: 6285 times
Gender: Male

Re: Official generic DFB-Pokal discussion thread

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sat May 01, 2021 11:32 pm

#12 wrote:
Ottomeister87 wrote:The circumstances are complete different then and now. Kiel is focusing on the BL race, not the pokal. I would even say that BVB back then, in our match against them, would have had probably even more trouble.
Erm... And what were we focusing on? That’s a CHEAP excuse, sorry... Just say we couldn’t be bothered to actually play and I‘m okay with it, but come on!
Aren’t Dortmund focusing on the CL?


Kiel had a quarantine break, they have a pretty darling shedule ahead for promotion. Even if Kiel got in the DFB Pokal final, you see them doing Bundesliga and EL next year lol? Or maybe none at all and stay in the 2nd.

I know i cant compare my pro gaming life to this exactly, since mine is more done with mental stuff, BUT, the mental stuff is a big factor aswell. I noticed it myself or with my teammates, that vs lower ranked teams, the focus is not ALWAYS on the level it should be because you think you are gonna make it anyway or an opponent you think like ''no chance we beat them'' and that story is told in your performance. That way it can be here the case aswell.

Or might the chance to actually MAKE it this year, be the bigger motivator to get into the bundesliga.

We had a day off vs Kiel, shit happens. I bet you sleep very bad because of that night huh? In comparison, for me for example, the 1-1 vs Union Berlin, the way we conceded that goal, annoyed me ten times more as our elimination vs Kiel because i can live with the fact if a team beats us by their determination and giving it their all. We wont win every game with 3 or 4 goals between the teams, shit like that happens.
But what i do agree on is the fact that officials and players should stop talking about the sextuple or defending this or that unless you are actually in the position to do so i.e. reach that final in the cup or CL.

That shit happened with all the teams that beat us lately. What happened to BMG and Leverkusen after they beat us last season? What happened with Frankfurt and Hoffenheim after they beat us this season? Or BMG again this season? Right they started talking immediately about Championship, international cups, but started to play like shit. Or what happened with Leverkusen this season before our match? talking big words, just to loose pretty unlucky and after it was one big disaster. Maybe clubs should talk less and perform more.
Ottomeister87
I'm a post king!
 
Posts: 2514
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:25 am
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 423 times
Been thanked: 674 times
Gender: Male

Re: Official generic DFB-Pokal discussion thread

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun May 02, 2021 2:22 am

We drew and lost on penalties. It's embarrassing, but it's not the end of the world

Kiel are a decent team and they are likely to play in BL next season.



Back in 00/01 we won Bundesliga and the Champions League. That season we were knocked out by Magdeburg in Pokal and I've done some research and found out that they were playing in NOFV-Oberliga which was apparently the equivalent of Level 5 in German Football. Clearly worse than a Top 3 2.BL team


Shit happens. And you don't have to go that far back in time. Atletico de Madrid have been knocked out TWICE in a row by a 3rd Division team. Another 3rd division team beat Real Madrid earlier this year in Copa del Rey

Even Pep's City was beaten by a 2nd division team in FA Cup not that long ago.



One legged ties away from home vs lower clubs are always tricky. You want to rest your players but at the same time remain competitive against a team that will be full of motivation and playing the match of their lives

If you rotate in BL things can go wrong and you might draw or even lose a match. You can recover from that. But in Pokal you do one wrong and you're out.

That's why I like this competition.
- Hansi Legend Flick -
User avatar
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 13749
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:53 am
Location: Guernsey
National Flag:
Spain
Has thanked: 4764 times
Been thanked: 4581 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: Official generic DFB-Pokal discussion thread

Postby MUTU » Sun May 02, 2021 7:23 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:This is brutal for Kiel

Their luck ran out. Yesterday they had more shots on target than they had in 120 minutes against us.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 51406
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 9247 times
Been thanked: 15247 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Official generic DFB-Pokal discussion thread

Postby Ben Gardner » Sun May 02, 2021 8:37 am

#12 wrote:No... If you embarrass yourself NUMEROUS times within weeks, you can‘t claim to be "the best team out there" - there’s a difference...

Do you by this think other team's supporters out there (Germany) can claim they are a better team than Bayern? Which in this case is not the same as having a good or bad season by each teams standards.
User avatar
Ben Gardner
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:44 pm
Location: Sweden
National Flag:
Sweden
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 121 times
Gender: Male

Re: Official generic DFB-Pokal discussion thread

Postby ramsej84 » Sun May 02, 2021 8:44 am

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 54372
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 34817 times
Been thanked: 7612 times
Gender: Male

Re: Official generic DFB-Pokal discussion thread

Postby #12 » Sun May 02, 2021 1:52 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:
#12 wrote:
Ottomeister87 wrote:The circumstances are complete different then and now. Kiel is focusing on the BL race, not the pokal. I would even say that BVB back then, in our match against them, would have had probably even more trouble.
Erm... And what were we focusing on? That’s a CHEAP excuse, sorry... Just say we couldn’t be bothered to actually play and I‘m okay with it, but come on!
Aren’t Dortmund focusing on the CL?


Kiel had a quarantine break, they have a pretty darling shedule ahead for promotion. Even if Kiel got in the DFB Pokal final, you see them doing Bundesliga and EL next year lol? Or maybe none at all and stay in the 2nd.

I know i cant compare my pro gaming life to this exactly, since mine is more done with mental stuff, BUT, the mental stuff is a big factor aswell. I noticed it myself or with my teammates, that vs lower ranked teams, the focus is not ALWAYS on the level it should be because you think you are gonna make it anyway or an opponent you think like ''no chance we beat them'' and that story is told in your performance. That way it can be here the case aswell.

Or might the chance to actually MAKE it this year, be the bigger motivator to get into the bundesliga.

We had a day off vs Kiel, shit happens. I bet you sleep very bad because of that night huh? In comparison, for me for example, the 1-1 vs Union Berlin, the way we conceded that goal, annoyed me ten times more as our elimination vs Kiel because i can live with the fact if a team beats us by their determination and giving it their all. We wont win every game with 3 or 4 goals between the teams, shit like that happens.
But what i do agree on is the fact that officials and players should stop talking about the sextuple or defending this or that unless you are actually in the position to do so i.e. reach that final in the cup or CL.

That shit happened with all the teams that beat us lately. What happened to BMG and Leverkusen after they beat us last season? What happened with Frankfurt and Hoffenheim after they beat us this season? Or BMG again this season? Right they started talking immediately about Championship, international cups, but started to play like shit. Or what happened with Leverkusen this season before our match? talking big words, just to loose pretty unlucky and after it was one big disaster. Maybe clubs should talk less and perform more.
It’s very much the same way, being sloppy and unmotivated, especially in the dying minutes...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 28515
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1430 times
Been thanked: 6285 times
Gender: Male

Re: Official generic DFB-Pokal discussion thread

Postby #12 » Sun May 02, 2021 1:58 pm

Ben Gardner wrote:
#12 wrote:No... If you embarrass yourself NUMEROUS times within weeks, you can‘t claim to be "the best team out there" - there’s a difference...

Do you by this think other team's supporters out there (Germany) can claim they are a better team than Bayern? Which in this case is not the same as having a good or bad season by each teams standards.
How do you get this conclusion? I see no connection whatsoever to my statement

There’s not ONLY the Kiel match as a one-off people are talking about here... This happened regularly, I told you it would happen in CL and you all laughed... Now it happened and suddenly it‘s a one off and because of injuries...

Heck it‘s simple, we played in three competitions and we‘re winning the easiest one with so-so performances... It’s the fucking EPITOME of arrogance to still claim „bUt We ArE tHe BeSt ThOuGh!"!
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 28515
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1430 times
Been thanked: 6285 times
Gender: Male

Re: Official generic DFB-Pokal discussion thread

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sun May 02, 2021 7:46 pm

#12 wrote:
Ben Gardner wrote:
#12 wrote:No... If you embarrass yourself NUMEROUS times within weeks, you can‘t claim to be "the best team out there" - there’s a difference...

Do you by this think other team's supporters out there (Germany) can claim they are a better team than Bayern? Which in this case is not the same as having a good or bad season by each teams standards.
How do you get this conclusion? I see no connection whatsoever to my statement

There’s not ONLY the Kiel match as a one-off people are talking about here... This happened regularly, I told you it would happen in CL and you all laughed... Now it happened and suddenly it‘s a one off and because of injuries...

Heck it‘s simple, we played in three competitions and we‘re winning the easiest one with so-so performances... It’s the fucking EPITOME of arrogance to still claim „bUt We ArE tHe BeSt ThOuGh!"!


Because with a healthy Lewandowski in the first leg, he would have scored 48590 goals alone to kick PSG already out of the CL, crying at home and asking the Uefa not to play the return at all. With our injuries and fatigued players, its honestly embarrassing for PSG to go through only on away goals..
Ottomeister87
I'm a post king!
 
Posts: 2514
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:25 am
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 423 times
Been thanked: 674 times
Gender: Male

Re: Official generic DFB-Pokal discussion thread

Postby #12 » Sun May 02, 2021 7:56 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:
#12 wrote:
Ben Gardner wrote:[quote="#12"]No... If you embarrass yourself NUMEROUS times within weeks, you can‘t claim to be "the best team out there" - there’s a difference...

Do you by this think other team's supporters out there (Germany) can claim they are a better team than Bayern? Which in this case is not the same as having a good or bad season by each teams standards.
How do you get this conclusion? I see no connection whatsoever to my statement

There’s not ONLY the Kiel match as a one-off people are talking about here... This happened regularly, I told you it would happen in CL and you all laughed... Now it happened and suddenly it‘s a one off and because of injuries...

Heck it‘s simple, we played in three competitions and we‘re winning the easiest one with so-so performances... It’s the fucking EPITOME of arrogance to still claim „bUt We ArE tHe BeSt ThOuGh!"!


Because with a healthy Lewandowski in the first leg, he would have scored 48590 goals alone to kick PSG already out of the CL, crying at home and asking the Uefa not to play the return at all. With our injuries and fatigued players, its honestly embarrassing for PSG to go through only on away goals..[/quote]They hit the woodwork 4 times and Neuer had TWO WC saves in Paris... We had 31 shots, yeah, but how dangerous were we?

And conveniently, you’re forgetting their whole midfield and 3/4 of their defense were our for at least 150 minutes... Quite frankly, their missing players were on level with ours (Goretzka, Gnabry and Lewandowski are great, but ONLY three players...)...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 28515
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1430 times
Been thanked: 6285 times
Gender: Male

Re: Official generic DFB-Pokal discussion thread

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sun May 02, 2021 8:21 pm

Man its so tiring to even respond to you.. How many times did Navas save their ass in the first? Right.. Our complete attack was more or less gone in a tired Coman and Sane, injured Gnabry and Lewa and Muller who couldnt do shit.

We had Goretzka that had to go out after like 25 minutes.
Ottomeister87
I'm a post king!
 
Posts: 2514
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:25 am
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 423 times
Been thanked: 674 times
Gender: Male

Re: Official generic DFB-Pokal discussion thread

Postby #12 » Sun May 02, 2021 8:43 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:Man its so tiring to even respond to you.. How many times did Navas save their ass in the first? Right.. Our complete attack was more or less gone in a tired Coman and Sane, injured Gnabry and Lewa and Muller who couldnt do shit.

We had Goretzka that had to go out after like 25 minutes.
Well yeah but they had injuries too, didn’t they?
I just think to say we would‘ve destroyed them with Lewa is arrogant, since the tiredness you claim would still have been there...
Either way I think overall the tie was not really dominated by either team and I sincerely think the way it went they deserved to go through... Might’ve gone differently with Lewandowski, then again maybe we never score if Marqionhos plays...

The only reason this is tiring is cause you realize I have a point
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 28515
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1430 times
Been thanked: 6285 times
Gender: Male

Re: Official generic DFB-Pokal discussion thread

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sun May 02, 2021 9:08 pm

A point in wanting to have the last word in every discussion? Yeah that you have.
Ottomeister87
I'm a post king!
 
Posts: 2514
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:25 am
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 423 times
Been thanked: 674 times
Gender: Male

Re: Official generic DFB-Pokal discussion thread

Postby #12 » Sun May 02, 2021 9:16 pm

No I don’t... But when people talk to me I generally react, you know, common courtesy

Actually thought I was meeting you halfway there...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 28515
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1430 times
Been thanked: 6285 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to DFB-Pokal

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AhrefsBot [Bot] and 1 guest