You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Official generic DFB-Pokal discussion thread

Discussions on the German Cup matches.

Re: Official generic DFB-Pokal discussion thread

Postby Borusse » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:06 pm

Oelschlägel - Hakimi, Weigl, Toprak, Diallo - Witsel, Delaney - Pulisic, Reus, Guerreiro - Götze

We're playing our third choice goalie today, both Burki and Hitz got some minor problems at the same time strangely enough.

Also our defensive line might look suspicious today, Bremen have good attacking potential so I won't be surprised if we concede 1 or 2 goals.

Attack is almost optimal, just Pulisic for Sancho, hopefully Pulisic plays a good game for a change. Gotze might actually be in better form than Alcacer so it shouldn't lower our attacking quality.

Should be a fun game.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:15 pm

Borusse wrote:Oelschlägel - Hakimi, Weigl, Toprak, Diallo - Witsel, Delaney - Pulisic, Reus, Guerreiro - Götze

We're playing our third choice goalie today, both Burki and Hitz got some minor problems at the same time strangely enough.

Also our defensive line might look suspicious today, Bremen have good attacking potential so I won't be surprised if we concede 1 or 2 goals.

Attack is almost optimal, just Pulisic for Sancho, hopefully Pulisic plays a good game for a change. Gotze might actually be in better form than Alcacer so it shouldn't lower our attacking quality.

Should be a fun game.

All that rotation in most positions except the core mainstay midfield which remains the heart and cog of whoever’s around them. That’s the difference between 1st and 2nd (or 3rd...) in the league I suppose - precise extent of rotation.
Kovac OUT!!!
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Borusse » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:20 pm

Yeah, I must say I'm a fan of how Favre uses rotation. The core of the team almost always stays the same and it's 2 different or 3 players here and there. So there's no big drop in quality and so far it has worked out. He only got it wrong against Fortuna when he played both Pulisic and Larsen and our attacking play was very crippled because of it.

Today though I'm a bit worried with the defense but Favre didn't have a lot to say with that, he is playing the guys who are healthy.
Borusse

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby RedQueen » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:22 pm

Bottlekusen are losing in Heidenheim.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Borusse » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:39 pm

I really dislike Brych. It's like he's trying to get the decisions wrong.
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby aterford » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:20 pm

What a crazy match
Operation ten Hag 2k20
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby Borusse » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:29 pm

Bremen deservedly go through, they put up a great fight tonight. As I suspected we struggled defensively. We also weren't that great at attacking but somehow scored three.

Brych is an awful referee. Absolutely terrible. Gives a handball on Kruse, then minutes later doesn't give a handball on Larsen and we score a goal. I think he tosses a coin when he makes decisions.
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:09 am

BVB 's elimination may make Bayern a bit complacent...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby swarkzero » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:57 am

Borusse wrote:Bremen deservedly go through, they put up a great fight tonight. As I suspected we struggled defensively. We also weren't that great at attacking but somehow scored three.

Brych is an awful referee. Absolutely terrible. Gives a handball on Kruse, then minutes later doesn't give a handball on Larsen and we score a goal. I think he tosses a coin when he makes decisions.

Do you also remember Kiessling's phantom goal from a few years back? #-o
swarkzero
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby Bayernbazi » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:44 am

Heidenheim :lol: what a hashtag #BayernBesiegerBesieger I'm sure they'll print t-shirts with this !
Can't see tweet? Click here!
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:13 am

Bayernbazi wrote:Heidenheim what a hashtag #BayernBesiegerBesieger I'm sure they'll print t-shirts with this !
Can't see tweet? Click here!
Dorsch !!!!!!
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:38 am

Haha, once again we practically have an open way to the trophy and our chances NOT to win it are high. :lol:

Last season in 2017 we eliminated all of our main pretenders for the trophy within the first 3 Pokal rounds, but lost against Kovač's Eintracht in the end.

The level of our failure and complete incompetence of our board to make right decisions from the last 3 years is immeasurable. :roll:

Basically nothing hasn't change with our domestic opponents, everything is more or less the same as it was for the last 4-5 years, but we became terrible; our squad, our board, our coach(es)...

Eintracht are out long time ago, Hoffenheim are out, Leverkusen are out, Dortmund are out, what should we expect tonight from Schalke and Leipzig?

On the other hand, we aren't in that kind of condition and situation where Hertha could easily knock us out. :)
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby #12 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:49 pm

Fénix wrote:Haha, once again we practically have an open way to the trophy and our chances NOT to win it are high. :lol:

Last season in 2017 we eliminated all of our main pretenders for the trophy within the first 3 Pokal rounds, but lost against Kovač's Eintracht in the end.

The level of our failure and complete incompetence of our board to make right decisions from the last 3 years is immeasurable. :roll:

Basically nothing hasn't change with our domestic opponents, everything is more or less the same as it was for the last 4-5 years, but we became terrible; our squad, our board, our coach(es)...

Eintracht are out long time ago, Hoffenheim are out, Leverkusen are out, Dortmund are out, what should we expect tonight from Schalke and Leipzig?

On the other hand, we aren't in that kind of condition and situation where Hertha could easily knock us out. :)

We eliminated pretenders to be beaten by a pretender
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:49 pm

The quarter-finals draw will be held on 10th February and the matches will be played on 2nd and 3rd April.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby DRvad14 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:51 pm

DRvad14
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India