You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-01-13] Holstein Kiel vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Cup matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:45 pm

Kieler SV Holstein will win inside 90 minutes
No votes
Kieler SV Holstein will win after extra time
No votes
Kieler SV Holstein will win on penalties
No votes
Bayern Munich will win on penalties
No votes
Bayern Munich will win after extra time
No votes
Bayern Munich will win inside 90 minutes
100%

Total votes : 3

Re: [2021-01-13] Holstein Kiel vs Bayern Munich

Postby #12 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:04 pm

Fénix wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Anyway, for all the horror of going out to a non-Bundesliga team: especially in the context of this season, if we weren’t to win it, better now and have up to 4 fewer games than going out in the final as we usually do when we lose.

We are so used to winning DFB-Pokal and playing final and nothing below this. This early exist happened for the first time after the sensational 5:3 defeat against Magdeburg in 2000 in the 1st round when 98% of the forum were children, kids, teens, underage... :lol: :lol: :lol:
In almost any other European league you see their best clubs every once in a while getting knocked out against 3rd or 4th division clubs 2-4 stages before final, but not FC Bayern.

I can live with this 120 minutes + penalty shootout exit and so does my ego which wasn't the case in the past.
Defeats are also part of life and Holstein Kiel is a great opportunity for the players, the coach and even the board to get our shit in line in these times and this season, reset themselves as much as the circumstances allow us and keep in mind it's not going to be easy as some folks in the team may think.

We can finally stop this negative record and chain reaction with our incompetent defending, adjust our play and tactics, psychologically stop deceive ourselves with the song "we are hungry... we want more and more... we want to win everything..." or talk who is possible future German Golden Ball winner and other secondary or tertiary stuff and stories.
It doesn't correspond to the reality, it's so fake when you recite this in media like everyone for the last 15 years in football world.

Do something about the actual issues, come on... someone from the players should step up and criticize our defensive record.
Neuer in the first line as a GK whose net is every match touched, then as a team captain.
It's not a solution to keep sensitive, filthy rich wimps 'happy' by keeping your mouth shut. It's self-deceiving.

Living in some 'wonderland' is not what we need. It's fine to get angry with your teammates and to say openly what's wrong and how things shouldn't be, what should change and focus. The same goes for the coach with his players.

In the last few years it seems that only it's up to media to do this and serve as policemen or judges, the worst ones to find out there. :)

We are still 8 straight Bundesliga champions. During that time we won 5 DFB-Pokal, 2 CL, 2 UEFA Super Cup titles, 1 FIFA CWC, 2-3 German Super Cup titles between summer 2012 to nowadays.

I know we can turn everything in our favor right now despite being tired, exhausted, etc. I won't buy the "changes over night" stories with Flick and the players after they said how everything is fantastic, not like under Ancelotti, Kovač, Heynckes, Jonker, etc.

Flick is the main responsible here. He has said "no excuses anymore". Let's see what that means in the next 5 matches and what is going to mean for our Club World Cup campaign. Looking forward to see our Rückrunde, form, display, results and the season outcome. =P~
I can’t really, but we all have to...

The thing is: we will never get out of this with such incompetent management buying third tier players as to not challenge at all...
F U C K THAT! We were good, because we had two of the best midfielders in the world and a hungry "prospect" fighting for midfield... What do we do? We spend peanuts and still complain about expenses, get a shit joke of an RB excuse as to god forbid not challenge Pavard, and same in midfield, where god forbid no one should challenge Goretzka/Kimmich... How many games did those two play together so far?
To top it off we bring back deadweight garbage that WE ALREADY TESTED HERE and KNOW he’s far from good enough...

And then you have nit only complacency with unchallenged starters that can walk into the starting XI limping and running 2k a game, you also have to play this shit - and this season more often than usual... And then you get what we saw yesterday...
That level of anticipation is the LEAST you should expect fron a hollow incapable moron like Salihamidzic...

Anyone excusing this fucking mismanagement is lying to themselves, simple as!

And it won’t get better in times of a pandemic, cause god forbid we would ever have to withdraw some 20m from our allegedly well off bank account in times of unforeseen crisis - that will pass however...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:07 pm

MUTU wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Anyway, for all the horror of going out to a non-Bundesliga team: especially in the context of this season, if we weren’t to win it, better now and have up to 4 fewer games than going out in the final as we usually do when we lose.

20 years ago we were eliminated on penalties by a then 4th division club, also in the 2nd round of the Pokal. Now a director, Hasan Salihamidzic had scored Bayern's only goal while a club legend goalkeeper, Kahn, failed to save a single penalty.

Few months later we won the Champions League.

Morale of the story: even if things don't look rosy at the moment, it all depends on whether or not things 'click' at the right time. This season is far from over.
Oh yes it is
At least very very close to being...

And it won’t get better with a management who are already misers during a pandemic...
I mean, even Upamecano, which is not even the bare minimum if transfers we need in summer, seems unlikely now cause of the "high" price...

The high price is actually to reveal itself in the years to come, I‘m afraid
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:19 pm

Achilles wrote:Pavard's form is a bigger problem than Thiago's absence. Enough with this guy, we won everything there is with Kimmich-Goretzka duo and him as a sidekick, an expandable. We continued thriving without him and he hasn't shown anything better with LFC either. He wanted to leave, we didn't but he handed a clear transfer request, don't cry over spill milk. Period.

Main issue is that our defense is completely lost, not a single defender plays according to his level therefore neither our wingplay can be implemented and every line collapses unless some individual miracle occurs and outscore the opponent.
NO. We won everything there is WITH THIAGO IN MIDFIELD. He was the one conducting when we played all the crucial matches in the CL.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:48 pm

#12 wrote:Meh... This is a HUGE stain on last season... There’s a valid argument now for a fluke - or at least my argument if us greatly profiting from the lockdown...
These players can only redeem themselves with an EXTREMELY deep CL run...!

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you 100%. However, ultimately 2nd is the first loser. This is a weird season with lots of games, and if we were going to end up trophyless anyway it is better to have fewer pointless games.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:51 pm

MUTU wrote:Morale of the story: even if things don't look rosy at the moment, it all depends on whether or not things 'click' at the right time. This season is far from over.

Very true. BATE Borisov also comes to mind. Almost getting eliminated in the group stage in 2009/10. Heck, even the beginning of last season.

However, things do look bleak. We are regressing, not improving. Now is the time for Flick to prove his worth and show he CAN solve our problems (to some extent - obviously we also need transfers) by adjusting what is clearly not working, what hasn't been working for a few weeks and what has now been proven beyond doubt not to work by a 2nd division side.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:53 pm

@#12: you keep telling us you told us so today but be honest, last night you were posting we were going out every 2 minutes so that in the end, if we won, you could tell us it worked again. :mrgreen: You were trying much harder than usual yesterday. :lol:
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:35 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
#12 wrote:Meh... This is a HUGE stain on last season... There’s a valid argument now for a fluke - or at least my argument if us greatly profiting from the lockdown...
These players can only redeem themselves with an EXTREMELY deep CL run...!

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you 100%. However, ultimately 2nd is the first loser. This is a weird season with lots of games, and if we were going to end up trophyless anyway it is better to have fewer pointless games.
Well... In that case you SHOULD be prepared I will push for fluke even more

So far, there’s little proof it wasn’t, miserably failing on all fronts would make an even stronger case...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:40 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:@#12: you keep telling us you told us so today but be honest, last night you were posting we were going out every 2 minutes so that in the end, if we won, you could tell us it worked again. :mrgreen: You were trying much harder than usual yesterday. :lol:
Well, it was necessary and it didn’t even help... I fully expected another shitshow, it is VERY apparent here... But I didn’t expect us to go out until the actual 2-2... Then I knew... I was still afraid since the 65th/70th at the latest...

Yeah but even I didn’t imagine we could always find a lower rock bottom level of shit...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby longeleven » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:22 am

"One of history’s fews iron laws is that luxuries tend to become necessities and to spawn new obligations. Once people get used to a certain luxury, they take it for granted. Then they begin to count on it. Finally they reach a point where they can’t live without it." - Harari in "A Brief History of Humankind"
longeleven
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:17 pm

longeleven wrote:"One of history’s fews iron laws is that luxuries tend to become necessities and to spawn new obligations. Once people get used to a certain luxury, they take it for granted. Then they begin to count on it. Finally they reach a point where they can’t live without it." - Harari in "A Brief History of Humankind"
Yeah I actually DID get used to not getting embarrassingly eliminated by mediocre teams from lower leagues
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Previous

Return to DFB-Pokal