You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2019-02-06] Hertha BSC vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Cup matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:45 pm

Hertha BSC will advance to the quarter-finals inside 90 minutes
38%
Hertha BSC will advance to the quarter-finals after extra time
13%
Hertha BSC will advance to the quarter-finals on penalties
No votes
Bayern Munich will advance to the quarter-finals on penalties
13%
Bayern Munich will advance to the quarter-finals after extra time
25%
Bayern Munich will advance to the quarter-finals inside 90 minutes
13%

Total votes : 8

Re: [2019-02-06] Hertha BSC vs Bayern Munich

Postby bmguy » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:23 am

Hardrade wrote:Our B team players assist and score, imagine what our first team would do!!!!1

what's our A team ? this is definitely the first team.
bmguy
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Vietnam

Postby #12 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:23 am

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:
MUTU wrote:We were unlucky again.

15 shots to Hertha's 3
74% ball possession
And we still needed 120 minutes to beat them. Unbelievable.

It’s luck when it happens once... It's luck when it happens rarely or sometimes... It’s got less to do with luck when it happens regularly... It’s nit luck when it happens ALL THE **** TIME!!!

It's luck.

Like getting a yellow card and conceding a goal while you should be doing the run-up to a penalty in your favour. But you're right, bad ref decisions against us happen so regularly it's not luck.

Dante and Hummels agree...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:27 am

bmguy wrote:
Hardrade wrote:Our B team players assist and score, imagine what our first team would do!!!!1

what's our A team ? this is definitely the first team.

https://media.giphy.com/media/j3HQ1zWosr1NS/giphy.gif
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:07 am

bastos80 wrote:
MUTU wrote:We were unlucky again.

15 shots to Hertha's 3
74% ball possession
And we still needed 120 minutes to beat them. Unbelievable.

I agree. We were actually unlucky today. Hertha did absolutely nothing. Those 2 goals were a joke.
We actually played pretty well today for Kovac standards. But you can't really play terrible football with Thiago and James + Coman and Gnabry.
Maybe there is hope.

James might not start against Schalke. But its not going to be because his performance or Kovac not liking him, but because he's going to rest him. He played nearly 200 minutes the last 4 days.
I would rest him against Augsburg...
Even Thiago...
I don't mind playing with the reserves today week...

Rafinha Boateng Sule Davies
Muller. Renato Javi Ribery

Gnabry. Lewa
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:21 am

If you are fine being conceding 4-5 goals against Augsburg then yeah, that's a good line up.
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MUTU » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:35 am

YlonenXabi wrote:If you are fine being conceding 4-5 goals against Augsburg then yeah, that's a good line up.

If you check out the current state of their pitch, that's a sacrifice I'm willing to take.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:41 am

#12 wrote:
MUTU wrote:It's luck.

Like getting a yellow card and conceding a goal while you should be doing the run-up to a penalty in your favour. But you're right, bad ref decisions against us happen so regularly it's not luck.

Dante and Hummels agree...

Thanks for proving my point and going back to Dante being lucky not to see red in the same match which Lewandowski fully deserved a straight red for his malicious attack on Boateng. You had to look for the history books and go back SIX years.

While you're at it, why not mention that Klose was offside in 2010 and that Helmer scored a Phantomtor in 1994?

But if you want I can mention six or seven controversial situations against us from 180 minutes of football played less than a year ago. You tell me.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Hardrade » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:35 am

Get a grip. Nobody stole anything from us, we lost. Bad decisions happen all the time, sometimes they are in our favor.

That’s the loser mentality, which compliments overall lack of sense of reality that surrounds Bayern these days. We need concrete changes, not lousy excuses.

Recruitment? Shameful.
Medical staff? Led by charlatans.
Board? Antiquated.
Tactical identity? Nonexistent.

We are still a big club, and have great players, some of them best or at least most promising in the world in their positions (Lewa, Kimmich, Thiago) but we are dangerously nearing AC Milan standards of being “big”, all because of misguided leadership.

Which of course goes hand in hand with conspiratorial paranoia, delusions of grandeur and blindly seeking authority due to lack of long-term plan and order. Cut the ref-cheated-on-us crap please, it’s pure CRINGE and is a smear on a good name of this club.
Hardrade
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby MUTU » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:45 am

Hardrade wrote:Cut the ref-cheated-on-us crap please, it’s pure CRINGE and is a smear on a good name of this club.

What I personally find extremely cringeworthy is the attitude by Bayern fans to sweep the referee mistakes under the carpet and accept them as 'part of the game', when it's blatantly obvious that something 'strange' is afoot when the mistakes against us far outweigh the ones in our favour.

It's like not minding going to the grocery every day when the guy short-changes you every other day, just because six years ago he gave you 2 cents extra by mistake. Oh poor old guy, he must be senile, he makes mistakes, but hey sometimes it's in my favour too... he can't possibly be doing it on purpose, right?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:52 pm

VAR is extremely annoying.

Some competitions do have VAR, others don't. And you might think it makes sense that top competitions have it while modest leagues with not so many resources can not afford it.

But what the hell

World Cup - There is VAR
Uefa Nations League - Nope
Bundesliga - Yes
DFB Pokal - Not until the final rounds
Champions League - will be used now for the first time
La Liga - Yes
Copa del Rey - Nope
Premier League - Nope

Sometimes you are watching a game and you don't even know if there is VAR or not. And of course, the use of VAR is varies in every competition.

What a BS !!!!
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby kod2600 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:06 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:VAR is extremely annoying.

Some competitions do have VAR, others don't. And you might think it makes sense that top competitions have it while modest leagues with not so many resources can not afford it.

But what the hell

World Cup - There is VAR
Uefa Nations League - Nope
Bundesliga - Yes
DFB Pokal - Not until the final rounds
Champions League - will be used now for the first time
La Liga - Yes
Copa del Rey - Nope
Premier League - Nope

Sometimes you are watching a game and you don't even know if there is VAR or not. And of course, the use of VAR is varies in every competition.

What a BS !!!!

My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby Fénix » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:48 pm

I told everyone looooooong time ago about VAR - it won't change principally anything. The most important things are going to remain the same as they have always been in football.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby MUTU » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:52 pm

Fénix wrote:I told everyone looooooong time ago about VAR - it won't change principally anything. The most important things are going to remain the same as they have always been in football.

This is fundamentally incorrect. If there was VAR yesterday, I have no doubts that they would have awarded Bayern a penalty for the foul on Goretzka and Hertha's opening goal would thus not have happened.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:01 pm

MUTU wrote:This is fundamentally incorrect. If there was VAR yesterday, I have no doubts that they would have awarded Bayern a penalty for the foul on Goretzka and Hertha's opening goal would thus not have happened.

VAR didn't help one side in the first 45 minutes of the World Cup 2018 final to prevent Nestór Pitana's 3 big mistakes that literally decided the final before the half-time whistle. It was a major failure from referees.
Luckily, nobody made too much noise or cared too much except football coaches, legends, journalists, analysts who felt the technology didn't meet the expectations, not even fans of the damaged side who couldn't be unhappy with the historic achievement.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby MUTU » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:35 pm

Fénix wrote:
MUTU wrote:This is fundamentally incorrect. If there was VAR yesterday, I have no doubts that they would have awarded Bayern a penalty for the foul on Goretzka and Hertha's opening goal would thus not have happened.

VAR didn't help one side in the first 45 minutes of the World Cup 2018 final to prevent Nestór Pitana's 3 big mistakes that literally decided the final before the half-time whistle. It was a major failure from referees.
Luckily, nobody made too much noise or cared too much except football coaches, legends, journalists, analysts who felt the technology didn't meet the expectations, not even fans of the damaged side who couldn't be unhappy with the historic achievement.

Nestór Pitana, saving the planet, one sofa at a time. :mrgreen:

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to DFB-Pokal