You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2020-03-03] FC Schalke 04 vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Cup matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:45 pm

FC Schalke 04 will win inside 90 minutes
No votes
FC Schalke 04 will win after extra time
No votes
FC Schalke 04 will win on penalties
No votes
Bayern Munich will win on penalties
No votes
Bayern Munich will win after extra time
33%
Bayern Munich will win inside 90 minutes
67%

Total votes : 3

Re: [2020-03-03] FC Schalke 04 vs Bayern Munich

Postby aterford » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:48 pm

#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MaCk0y » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:50 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:That was a world class dive tbh

If that's world class then what's this? :P

MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:54 pm

Says Bayern-Hoffenheim which is wrong on two ends, buddy
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:01 am

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:56 am

Very solid performance in what I consider a very tough match. Playing a one legged tie away to Schalke is by no means an easy task, regardless of their current form. Also we were missing many players.

But Flick keeps reminding me of Pep. He is not afraid of experimenting because he clearly knows what he is doing

Kovac relied on individual quality whereas Flick can play anyone out of position in order to improve the team's performance

You don't play anyone out of position and hope for the best like Kovac would do

Like when he played Goretzka as Left Back and he was pathetic. Because probably Kovac just told him to play as LB and that's it, no instructions or readjustments

That Alaba -- Kimmich experiment is some crazy Pep stuff. And it worked very well.

You could see Kimmich making some blatant positional blunders like when that Schalke striker hit the crossbar with his volley, but overall Flick had a clear idea of what he needed in defense and thought that Kimmich would be the best player to produce that. Regardless of Kimmich best position

It's like there are no fixed positions for Flick. Only attributes. That's why Alaba is playing CB or Davies LB.
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:20 am

YlonenXabi wrote:Very solid performance in what I consider a very tough match. Playing a one legged tie away to Schalke is by no means an easy task, regardless of their current form. Also we were missing many players.

But Flick keeps reminding me of Pep. He is not afraid of experimenting because he clearly knows what he is doing

Kovac relied on individual quality whereas Flick can play anyone out of position in order to improve the team's performance

You don't play anyone out of position and hope for the best like Kovac would do

Like when he played Goretzka as Left Back and he was pathetic. Because probably Kovac just told him to play as LB and that's it, no instructions or readjustments

That Alaba -- Kimmich experiment is some crazy Pep stuff. And it worked very well.

You could see Kimmich making some blatant positional blunders like when that Schalke striker hit the crossbar with his volley, but overall Flick had a clear idea of what he needed in defense and thought that Kimmich would be the best player to produce that. Regardless of Kimmich best position

It's like there are no fixed positions for Flick. Only attributes. That's why Alaba is playing CB or Davies LB.

Overall I agree and I was mostly satisfied with the defence, but replacing Lewa with Müller didn’t work and it was never going to. It made us worse both in the forward positions and in midfield in one stroke. I hope we never see that again.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:34 am

True, but he did not have that many options and this match came probably a little bit too soon for Zirkzee.

No strikers, no CBs yet a very solid performance
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Spain

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:40 am

YlonenXabi wrote:True, but he did not have that many options and this match came probably a little bit too soon for Zirkzee.

No strikers, no CBs yet a very solid performance

Agreed. Our injuries at the moment are really annoying because they’re all in the position.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:34 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Very solid performance in what I consider a very tough match. Playing a one legged tie away to Schalke is by no means an easy task, regardless of their current form. Also we were missing many players.

That's kind of my feeling. Overall I would say it was not a great performance, but all things considered with injuries and lack of squad available, it was about as good as could have hoped for IMO. But even if it isn't a total smash-hit I can see the value in trying out new things and still being able to get a result. There's something to be said for a manager who is able to mix things up and test out new positions/formations/systems AND still get a result vs the manager who can only stick to the very basics and happen to get by just on the quality of players alone. Schalke aren't a great team, but that kind of flexibility may help down the stretch or in future seasons.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:25 pm

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby #12 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:22 pm

Firefox1234 wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

Sure thing, Coutinho and Tolisso were better than Müller and Gnabry (who actually got an accurate evaluation...)
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Previous

Return to DFB-Pokal