You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-10-27] Borussia M'gladbach vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Cup matches.
 

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:45 pm

Borussia Mönchengladbach will win inside 90 minutes
0
No votes
Borussia Mönchengladbach will win after extra time
0
No votes
Borussia Mönchengladbach will win on penalties
0
No votes
Bayern Munich will win on penalties
0
No votes
Bayern Munich will win after extra time
1
17%
Bayern Munich will win inside 90 minutes
5
83%
 
Total votes : 6

Re: [2021-10-27] Borussia M'gladbach vs Bayern Munich

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:38 am

My prediction:

User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 51271
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 9233 times
Been thanked: 15196 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2021-10-27] Borussia M'gladbach vs Bayern Munich

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:40 am

Kicker's prediction:

User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 51271
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 9233 times
Been thanked: 15196 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2021-10-27] Borussia M'gladbach vs Bayern Munich

Postby Ottomeister87 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:57 am

Nagelsmann said Hernandez is perfectly fine calf wise, so with him not needing to go to prison, him NOT starting would be a surprise now. I still want Sule starting instead of Pavard, i have a feeling Pavard is gonna be a liability to those Gladbach counters.
Ottomeister87
I post all the time
 
Posts: 2438
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:25 am
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 415 times
Been thanked: 652 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2021-10-27] Borussia M'gladbach vs Bayern Munich

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:09 am

Ottomeister87 wrote:Nagelsmann said Hernandez is perfectly fine calf wise, so with him not needing to go to prison, him NOT starting would be a surprise now.

When did he say that please? Or was something lost in translation? Yesterday in the PK they translated him saying "Lucas had a slight calf problem but is doing well now." That's ambiguous as to whether he is "perfectly fine" or just able to make it into the matchday squad. It could be something lost in translation maybe.

Ottomeister87 wrote:I still want Sule starting instead of Pavard, i have a feeling Pavard is gonna be a liability to those Gladbach counters.

I still want Pavard starting instead of Suele, I have a feeling Suele is gonna be a liability to those Gladbach counters with his poor acceleration and agility. I still see him as a Daniel van Buyten with a faster top speed. He is too tall to be a great central defender, and considerably less suited stature wise to be a fullback. Pavard may be an average player who's also playing out of position but he's better suited for a RB in my opinion.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 51271
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 9233 times
Been thanked: 15196 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2021-10-27] Borussia M'gladbach vs Bayern Munich

Postby bastos80 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:10 am

MUTU wrote:
Ottomeister87 wrote:Nagelsmann said Hernandez is perfectly fine calf wise, so with him not needing to go to prison, him NOT starting would be a surprise now.

When did he say that please? Or was something lost in translation? Yesterday in the PK they translated him saying "Lucas had a slight calf problem but is doing well now." That's ambiguous as to whether he is "perfectly fine" or just able to make it into the matchday squad. It could be something lost in translation maybe.

Ottomeister87 wrote:I still want Sule starting instead of Pavard, i have a feeling Pavard is gonna be a liability to those Gladbach counters.

I still want Pavard starting instead of Suele, I have a feeling Suele is gonna be a liability to those Gladbach counters with his poor acceleration and agility. I still see him as a Daniel van Buyten with a faster top speed. He is too tall to be a great central defender, and considerably less suited stature wise to be a fullback. Pavard may be an average player who's also playing out of position but he's better suited for a RB in my opinion.


He said Lucas will play a good game tomorrow so I assume he'll be starting.
Can't see tweet? Click here!
---------------Lewandowski
------------Sané - Müller - Gnabry
------------Goretzka - Kimmich
Davies - Hernández - Upamecano - Süle
--------------------Neuer
User avatar
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 9378
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 7:38 am
Location: Germany
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 752 times
Been thanked: 3838 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2021-10-27] Borussia M'gladbach vs Bayern Munich

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:13 am

bastos80 wrote:He said Lucas will play a good game tomorrow so I assume he'll be starting.
Can't see tweet? Click here!

Good observation, but he could also mean that he was planning with Davies and Lucas to play a half apiece as LBs given they both have had injury problems and that this match could potentially last 120 minutes.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 51271
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 9233 times
Been thanked: 15196 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2021-10-27] Borussia M'gladbach vs Bayern Munich

Postby bastos80 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:15 am

Also Pavard looked better against Hoffenheim, so I'd be fine with him, as long as he doesn't have to play as a wing-back...
---------------Lewandowski
------------Sané - Müller - Gnabry
------------Goretzka - Kimmich
Davies - Hernández - Upamecano - Süle
--------------------Neuer
User avatar
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 9378
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 7:38 am
Location: Germany
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 752 times
Been thanked: 3838 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2021-10-27] Borussia M'gladbach vs Bayern Munich

Postby Ottomeister87 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:35 pm

Yeah but we all know how Gladbach WILL get those counters, they always happen against us. And with Pavard out of place all the time....
Ottomeister87
I post all the time
 
Posts: 2438
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:25 am
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 415 times
Been thanked: 652 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2021-10-27] Borussia M'gladbach vs Bayern Munich

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:08 pm

MUTU wrote:
bastos80 wrote:He said Lucas will play a good game tomorrow so I assume he'll be starting.
Can't see tweet? Click here!

Good observation, but he could also mean that he was planning with Davies and Lucas to play a half apiece as LBs given they both have had injury problems and that this match could potentially last 120 minutes.
Has Lucas played LB under Nagi? I don't think so. Unlike Flick, Nagelsmann uses Richards or whomever as a left back instead of diluting our defense.
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 9525
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 3997 times
Been thanked: 3686 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2021-10-27] Borussia M'gladbach vs Bayern Munich

Postby vtotheinay » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:35 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
MUTU wrote:
bastos80 wrote:He said Lucas will play a good game tomorrow so I assume he'll be starting.
Can't see tweet? Click here!

Good observation, but he could also mean that he was planning with Davies and Lucas to play a half apiece as LBs given they both have had injury problems and that this match could potentially last 120 minutes.
Has Lucas played LB under Nagi? I don't think so. Unlike Flick, Nagelsmann uses Richards or whomever as a left back instead of diluting our defense.

lucas actually just started at LB against benfica in the CL last week
User avatar
vtotheinay
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 794
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:32 pm
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 319 times
Been thanked: 523 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2021-10-27] Borussia M'gladbach vs Bayern Munich

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:38 pm

Yep, I was about to say it.

That was probably the only time though
- Hansi Legend Flick -
User avatar
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 13730
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:53 am
Location: Guernsey
National Flag:
Spain
Has thanked: 4754 times
Been thanked: 4574 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: [2021-10-27] Borussia M'gladbach vs Bayern Munich

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:38 pm

vtotheinay wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
MUTU wrote:[quote="bastos80"]He said Lucas will play a good game tomorrow so I assume he'll be starting.
Can't see tweet? Click here!

Good observation, but he could also mean that he was planning with Davies and Lucas to play a half apiece as LBs given they both have had injury problems and that this match could potentially last 120 minutes.
Has Lucas played LB under Nagi? I don't think so. Unlike Flick, Nagelsmann uses Richards or whomever as a left back instead of diluting our defense.

lucas actually just started at LB against benfica in the CL last week[/quote]Right! Fack i hate seeing him at LB.
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 9525
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 3997 times
Been thanked: 3686 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2021-10-27] Borussia M'gladbach vs Bayern Munich

Postby bastos80 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:47 pm

Luckily we don't have to worry about that anymore. He's clearly a CB for Nagelsmann, altough he's also a very good LB.
---------------Lewandowski
------------Sané - Müller - Gnabry
------------Goretzka - Kimmich
Davies - Hernández - Upamecano - Süle
--------------------Neuer
User avatar
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 9378
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 7:38 am
Location: Germany
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 752 times
Been thanked: 3838 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2021-10-27] Borussia M'gladbach vs Bayern Munich

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:19 pm

Given the history between the clubs, does somebody think in late 2021 that MGB are actually having a chance against Bayern at the moment?
Image
Salihamidžić: “Correct. Dayot Upamecano will play for FC Bayern for the next five years."
User avatar
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 11328
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:38 pm
National Flag:
Bulgaria
Has thanked: 5821 times
Been thanked: 6142 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2021-10-27] Borussia M'gladbach vs Bayern Munich

Postby bastos80 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:59 pm

Guess we're getting another impression of how our back-3/back-4 will look like next season.
Can't see tweet? Click here!
Hopefully Pavard can continue to build on his performance against Hoffenheim.
+ glad to see Kicker was once again wrong with their prediction.
---------------Lewandowski
------------Sané - Müller - Gnabry
------------Goretzka - Kimmich
Davies - Hernández - Upamecano - Süle
--------------------Neuer
User avatar
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 9378
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 7:38 am
Location: Germany
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 752 times
Been thanked: 3838 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to DFB-Pokal

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron