You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-10-27] Borussia M'gladbach vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Cup matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:45 pm

Borussia Mönchengladbach will win inside 90 minutes
No votes
Borussia Mönchengladbach will win after extra time
No votes
Borussia Mönchengladbach will win on penalties
No votes
Bayern Munich will win on penalties
No votes
Bayern Munich will win after extra time
17%
Bayern Munich will win inside 90 minutes
83%

Total votes : 6

Re: [2021-10-27] Borussia M'gladbach vs Bayern Munich

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:38 am

My prediction:

MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:40 am

Kicker's prediction:

MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ottomeister87 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:57 am

Nagelsmann said Hernandez is perfectly fine calf wise, so with him not needing to go to prison, him NOT starting would be a surprise now. I still want Sule starting instead of Pavard, i have a feeling Pavard is gonna be a liability to those Gladbach counters.
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:09 am

Ottomeister87 wrote:Nagelsmann said Hernandez is perfectly fine calf wise, so with him not needing to go to prison, him NOT starting would be a surprise now.

When did he say that please? Or was something lost in translation? Yesterday in the PK they translated him saying "Lucas had a slight calf problem but is doing well now." That's ambiguous as to whether he is "perfectly fine" or just able to make it into the matchday squad. It could be something lost in translation maybe.

Ottomeister87 wrote:I still want Sule starting instead of Pavard, i have a feeling Pavard is gonna be a liability to those Gladbach counters.

I still want Pavard starting instead of Suele, I have a feeling Suele is gonna be a liability to those Gladbach counters with his poor acceleration and agility. I still see him as a Daniel van Buyten with a faster top speed. He is too tall to be a great central defender, and considerably less suited stature wise to be a fullback. Pavard may be an average player who's also playing out of position but he's better suited for a RB in my opinion.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bastos80 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:10 am

MUTU wrote:
Ottomeister87 wrote:Nagelsmann said Hernandez is perfectly fine calf wise, so with him not needing to go to prison, him NOT starting would be a surprise now.

When did he say that please? Or was something lost in translation? Yesterday in the PK they translated him saying "Lucas had a slight calf problem but is doing well now." That's ambiguous as to whether he is "perfectly fine" or just able to make it into the matchday squad. It could be something lost in translation maybe.

Ottomeister87 wrote:I still want Sule starting instead of Pavard, i have a feeling Pavard is gonna be a liability to those Gladbach counters.

I still want Pavard starting instead of Suele, I have a feeling Suele is gonna be a liability to those Gladbach counters with his poor acceleration and agility. I still see him as a Daniel van Buyten with a faster top speed. He is too tall to be a great central defender, and considerably less suited stature wise to be a fullback. Pavard may be an average player who's also playing out of position but he's better suited for a RB in my opinion.

He said Lucas will play a good game tomorrow so I assume he'll be starting.
Can't see tweet? Click here!
---------------Lewandowski
------------Sané - Müller - Gnabry
------------Goretzka - Kimmich
Davies - Hernández - Upamecano - Süle
--------------------Neuer
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:13 am

bastos80 wrote:He said Lucas will play a good game tomorrow so I assume he'll be starting.

Good observation, but he could also mean that he was planning with Davies and Lucas to play a half apiece as LBs given they both have had injury problems and that this match could potentially last 120 minutes.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bastos80 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:15 am

Also Pavard looked better against Hoffenheim, so I'd be fine with him, as long as he doesn't have to play as a wing-back...
bastos80

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ottomeister87 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:35 pm

Yeah but we all know how Gladbach WILL get those counters, they always happen against us. And with Pavard out of place all the time....
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:08 pm

MUTU wrote:
bastos80 wrote:He said Lucas will play a good game tomorrow so I assume he'll be starting.

Good observation, but he could also mean that he was planning with Davies and Lucas to play a half apiece as LBs given they both have had injury problems and that this match could potentially last 120 minutes.
Has Lucas played LB under Nagi? I don't think so. Unlike Flick, Nagelsmann uses Richards or whomever as a left back instead of diluting our defense.
PunkCapitalist

Postby vtotheinay » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:35 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
MUTU wrote:

Has Lucas played LB under Nagi? I don't think so. Unlike Flick, Nagelsmann uses Richards or whomever as a left back instead of diluting our defense.

lucas actually just started at LB against benfica in the CL last week
vtotheinay
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:38 pm

Yep, I was about to say it.

That was probably the only time though
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:38 pm

vtotheinay wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
MUTU wrote:[quote="bastos80"]He said Lucas will play a good game tomorrow so I assume he'll be starting.

lucas actually just started at LB against benfica in the CL last week[/quote]Right! Fack i hate seeing him at LB.
PunkCapitalist

Postby bastos80 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:47 pm

Luckily we don't have to worry about that anymore. He's clearly a CB for Nagelsmann, altough he's also a very good LB.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:19 pm

Given the history between the clubs, does somebody think in late 2021 that MGB are actually having a chance against Bayern at the moment?
Salihamidžić: “Correct. Dayot Upamecano will play for FC Bayern for the next five years."
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby bastos80 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:59 pm

Guess we're getting another impression of how our back-3/back-4 will look like next season.
Hopefully Pavard can continue to build on his performance against Hoffenheim.
+ glad to see Kicker was once again wrong with their prediction.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to DFB-Pokal