You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-10-27] Borussia M'gladbach vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Cup matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:45 pm

Borussia Mönchengladbach will win inside 90 minutes
No votes
Borussia Mönchengladbach will win after extra time
No votes
Borussia Mönchengladbach will win on penalties
No votes
Bayern Munich will win on penalties
No votes
Bayern Munich will win after extra time
17%
Bayern Munich will win inside 90 minutes
83%

Total votes : 6

Re: [2021-10-27] Borussia M'gladbach vs Bayern Munich

Postby MUTU » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:59 pm

MihailT wrote:
#12 wrote:I don’t suffer from delusions of grandeur, so yeah, not Bayern… The best team will lift the big ears at the end, as they usually do, bar a few exceptions… And again, Bundesliga is not an achievement…

As you also don't suffer from talking straight to the point, let me ask you to stop beating around the bush like a slimy dodger.

Answer the question - which is the best team?

For the record, while running through the server error logs I noticed that a post was removed because it hit the character limit. I have reason to believe he was trying to give a list of teams he thinks are better than Bayern.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Ottomeister87 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:36 pm

Well.. I actually attended the game and here is my take..

First of all.. Yes we have beaten BVB in the Supercup, 4-1 in Leipzig, 5-1 in Leverkusen and 3-0 in Barca.. Supercup is always a so so game, where it can go both sides. We were better prepared that night. Leipzig lost key players and their coach, Leverkusen lost some players and got a new coach and always seem to fail if it counts and Barca is in shambles, every year a bit more. after yesterday, i really have no clue where we actually stand. We performed very good in most matches so far this season, but where was the real opposition until now? Right, 2 games vs BMG, first one we could have won or could have lost, yesterday we got stomped in the ground with no excuse..

Well, let me continue from what i saw. I noticed already upon pre match warm up, that BMG did it way more intense, Bayern looked like chill mode warming up. BMG was taking a lot of sprints, little tactical session with lost of short fast passes. While Bayern was stretching, jogging a bit and shooting on goal ( and i have to say, the shots were BAD, almost none scored, almost all flew over the goal )

The fans made a madhouse in the stadium, BVB is a joke compared to BMG fans imo and i've been to a lot of games between BVB-Bayern and BMG-Bayern.

So as far as the match goes. It was almost over as soon as the 1-0 happened. The players didnt even react annoyed, not even Neuer really responded to it. Davies make a tackle to get the ball ( drops against his arm which could have been a FK ) then make on of his often missplaced paces at the early minutes of a game i have pointed out a lot of times before and Gore doesnt even make a move towards it and lets it roll past him. Muller gets outplayed easily, Upa and Davies are in each others way and Upa stumbles the ball more or less to Breel who stumbles it forward for Kone. Neuer without any chance here.

The 2-0. Was just brilliantly played. They just shooled the defense. And ofcourse none was with Bensebaini who was standing clear as can be. He didnt hit the ball like he wanted, or else Neuer would have had it, it looked like he hit the ball wrong somehow so the ball jumped up a bit.

At this point its 2-0 and some things i noticed. BMG played the same damn play nearly all match. Long ball to Embolo, so he could drop it for a teamplayer or distribute the ball very clever. Davies was MISPLACED all damn game, his speed was nowhere to be seen. And most attacks come over the left in that period. On the other side, i was paying a lot of attention to Pavard and Kimmich.

Pavard literally has no clue how to position himself, not even if his side is not attacked. He is just stumbling around, losing balls all over the place of giving the utmost bad passes. Goretzka was also a non factor until his substitution came on, he was just a shell of what he can be. Tolisso would have been the far better choice here tbh. And now he did what he did best, taking up another pain again. #-o

Anyway, Neuer who saved a good chance from Embolo, which a top striker surely would have made. Another chance from Hofmann i believe, where Upa was shooled again.

So with the 3-0 and the penalty before, it looked like Hernandez had the ball, but it jumped away so he and Embolo went for the ball ( i was sitting literally opposite them and they were facing me, so i had full view ) he tried to kick the ball, but seemed not to hit it, but also not Embolos face. Hard to say if it was a penalty or not, but pretty stupid to go into that duel like he did, he could have just run him off..

No chance for Neuer here aswell, so he couldnt do anything to those 3 goals.

Even up until this point, they were not bashing each other, none was acting frustrated, just more or less like they took it without any care in the world..

Lewa and Gnabry were just no there at all, not getting any balls either. Gnabry was mostly waiting just on the right flank to be send upwards. But nothing.

Now we have Kimmich.. i said it before and i say it again. This man looks completely gassed already. He is running so much and so far after everyone and everything its not even funny anymore. He even runs where its not needed at times, full sprint. His tackles were late, bad passes and it felt like Gore and him in MF was just non existent, hence why Gladbach could play like they wanted ( and i have to say, they had some very damn nice combinations at times, where our players could just look and couldnt even act on ). Kimmich should be put on the bench for at least the Union and Benfica game, he is performing pretty mediocre this way, completely out of breath.

Sane, might have had a bad game. But he was, dedication wise, the best player with Hernandez in my eyes. They went after all balls trying to clear or win it back. Sane was the only offensive guy that actually tried stuff, even if it didnt work out. And Hernandez was chasing balls even in the 85th minute.

Lewa was just sad to see, he tried to create spaces, the balls he got went to hard or to long. Even if he tried to drop back into midfield and fought balls, he had none to play it to. Very shitty game for him to be in tbh. But to make fun of him and saying thats why Messi, Benzema and others are more favourites over him to win the ballon d lol, those should look in the mirror. What did Benzeratta do vs Osasuna, or Messi so far for PSG in the league? Anyway.

What i also noticed is that Dino Topmoller, was sitting a lot on the bench, instead of making changes, yell at players to be in position or whatever. Even Brazzo was just taking it.

The fans btw, in the standing block next to us, tried to make a party, but the players seemed not interested today, so that died pretty quickly except some spare occasional situations. But what did they do? They started to sing ''Deutscher Meister Wird nur der FCB'' #-o I even read a lot of them say in the social media sections ''Mund abputzen, weiter gehts etc etc etc'' But no.. After this performance, you cant just go back to your normal routine. This has to be examined quite thoroughly and they should change stuff up, no matter if you are Kimmich or whoever, if you not perform well you get subbed off or get benched. Like this, taking your place for granted, it only hurts the goals.

Anyway. The game went on, Bayern seemed to get a little bit of tries going forward, but nothing happened. In the whole game, except the header from Tolisso on the cross bar, the Muller back pass to Sommer ( that shot had no power whatsoever ) and the shots from Gnabry and Stanisic it was just nothing.

Even Coman went to warm up far before the end of the first half, but even he showed nothing, oh yeah one thing i will come back to shortly.

So the 2nd half starts and you expect changes, all out offense, but nothing. Upa tkaes a dumb yellow card, Gladbach clears a ball with a blind kick forward, where Upa just waits and waits and waits and gets shooled like an amateur by Embolo who even blast the ball through Neuers legs.
The fun thing is, when Upa finally got subbed out, you had to be there, to hear the Bayern fans cheer for that. The performance this man provided yesterday, is an outrage. This has nothing to do with professional level football, this was just i dont give a fuck attitude. He was sloppy in passing, he was slow, he got shooled every time Embolo put his body in play and looked like an amateur at the 1-0. 2-0 and especially the 4-0. This man deserves not to play in the Union game. And i wonder what his problem is, one game he plays great and the next he plays like he does this for the first time ever. He has a big body, fucking use it! Put your damn shoulder in Embolo, so he is off balance and he cant do shit with that 4-0. Nah this was a Bayern unworthy performance from him in defense. Nagelsmann has to have a real talk with this man about yesterday.

The 5-0 was again a misplaced pass by Coman, none near Embolo because there was just no MF more or less, runs away from Sule and Hernandez and scores pretty easily against Neuer who had no chance here either.

After that Bayern tried some stuff, but subbed people on to hold this 5 and not concede more. I was pretty surprised that Musiala did not come in for Gnabry or Muller or even Goretzka to go all in and try.

But this whole game, like i said, from pre warm up through the game, they seemed not to be there, not wanting to put in the effort. Not recognizing this is a KO round.

I said it before and i say it again. BMG away is the hardest away game possible in this world of football. Not even Liverpool, Real or whatever club are harder to play at. This is the toughest fucking game we have every year, away vs BMG. Do they have a shitty season? Yes they have with 10 points out of 27 possible ones. But somehow against us, especially if they play bad, they get out what they can bring. And its not the first time they owned us in their stadium, it happens a lot over the last 10 years. If there is one game in a season i would not put my money on to win it, its this away game. The fans are something different there, it lights up the players, going all in nothing to lose, which our players didnt have.

Now for the most embarrassing moment of the whole evening. After the match, in winning or losing, you are supposed to go to your fan corner as a team and thank them atleast for supporting you, while you didnt put in the effort on the pitch yourselves. Only 6!!!! players came to do that. Lewa, Hernandez, Muller, Sule, Stanisic and a bit later Neuer. Coman was gone inside as soon as the whistle blew and Sane kept on the distance at the edge of the box congratulating BMG players and applauding the fans from a distance, i think he was a bit scared to get booed or something to come closer? I mean, its just disgusting from most of the players. To not even have the balls to face your own fans after this performance. Some driving 1400km's in total to fucking watch you perform paying a couple hundred euros. That moment made me really be ashamed to be a Bayern supporter, not having the damn balls to look your own fans, from which most bleed red and white, just look them into their eyes. You dont even have to talk to them, but show them the damn respect from staying there until the end, even after this disgrace of a performance.

It was great to have this stadium feel again, but what a disaster of a game for us it turned out to be. I know the games continue to go on.. but away vs Union Berlin saturday and next weekend vs Freiburg, i dont have a happy forecast to be honest.
Not going to be the #12 doomer that i have read in this whole topic, but i am not optimistic at all for these games ( and the Benfica one is the least one i care about now ).

Did the Kimmich and Hernandez stuff play a role? I dont know.. But this performance was not to be expected, especially since some got even subbed off early vs Hoffenheim!! Like i said, this has to be analyzed for the full 120%. And i hope Nagelsmann is allowed to be there tomorrow to clean house.
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Alexander » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:07 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:Well.. I actually attended the game and here is my take..

First of all.. Yes we have beaten BVB in the Supercup, 4-1 in Leipzig, 5-1 in Leverkusen and 3-0 in Barca.. Supercup is always a so so game, where it can go both sides. We were better prepared that night. Leipzig lost key players and their coach, Leverkusen lost some players and got a new coach and always seem to fail if it counts and Barca is in shambles, every year a bit more. after yesterday, i really have no clue where we actually stand. We performed very good in most matches so far this season, but where was the real opposition until now? Right, 2 games vs BMG, first one we could have won or could have lost, yesterday we got stomped in the ground with no excuse..

Well, let me continue from what i saw. I noticed already upon pre match warm up, that BMG did it way more intense, Bayern looked like chill mode warming up. BMG was taking a lot of sprints, little tactical session with lost of short fast passes. While Bayern was stretching, jogging a bit and shooting on goal ( and i have to say, the shots were BAD, almost none scored, almost all flew over the goal )

The fans made a madhouse in the stadium, BVB is a joke compared to BMG fans imo and i've been to a lot of games between BVB-Bayern and BMG-Bayern.

So as far as the match goes. It was almost over as soon as the 1-0 happened. The players didnt even react annoyed, not even Neuer really responded to it. Davies make a tackle to get the ball ( drops against his arm which could have been a FK ) then make on of his often missplaced paces at the early minutes of a game i have pointed out a lot of times before and Gore doesnt even make a move towards it and lets it roll past him. Muller gets outplayed easily, Upa and Davies are in each others way and Upa stumbles the ball more or less to Breel who stumbles it forward for Kone. Neuer without any chance here.

The 2-0. Was just brilliantly played. They just shooled the defense. And ofcourse none was with Bensebaini who was standing clear as can be. He didnt hit the ball like he wanted, or else Neuer would have had it, it looked like he hit the ball wrong somehow so the ball jumped up a bit.

At this point its 2-0 and some things i noticed. BMG played the same damn play nearly all match. Long ball to Embolo, so he could drop it for a teamplayer or distribute the ball very clever. Davies was MISPLACED all damn game, his speed was nowhere to be seen. And most attacks come over the left in that period. On the other side, i was paying a lot of attention to Pavard and Kimmich.

Pavard literally has no clue how to position himself, not even if his side is not attacked. He is just stumbling around, losing balls all over the place of giving the utmost bad passes. Goretzka was also a non factor until his substitution came on, he was just a shell of what he can be. Tolisso would have been the far better choice here tbh. And now he did what he did best, taking up another pain again. #-o

Anyway, Neuer who saved a good chance from Embolo, which a top striker surely would have made. Another chance from Hofmann i believe, where Upa was shooled again.

So with the 3-0 and the penalty before, it looked like Hernandez had the ball, but it jumped away so he and Embolo went for the ball ( i was sitting literally opposite them and they were facing me, so i had full view ) he tried to kick the ball, but seemed not to hit it, but also not Embolos face. Hard to say if it was a penalty or not, but pretty stupid to go into that duel like he did, he could have just run him off..

No chance for Neuer here aswell, so he couldnt do anything to those 3 goals.

Even up until this point, they were not bashing each other, none was acting frustrated, just more or less like they took it without any care in the world..

Lewa and Gnabry were just no there at all, not getting any balls either. Gnabry was mostly waiting just on the right flank to be send upwards. But nothing.

Now we have Kimmich.. i said it before and i say it again. This man looks completely gassed already. He is running so much and so far after everyone and everything its not even funny anymore. He even runs where its not needed at times, full sprint. His tackles were late, bad passes and it felt like Gore and him in MF was just non existent, hence why Gladbach could play like they wanted ( and i have to say, they had some very damn nice combinations at times, where our players could just look and couldnt even act on ). Kimmich should be put on the bench for at least the Union and Benfica game, he is performing pretty mediocre this way, completely out of breath.

Sane, might have had a bad game. But he was, dedication wise, the best player with Hernandez in my eyes. They went after all balls trying to clear or win it back. Sane was the only offensive guy that actually tried stuff, even if it didnt work out. And Hernandez was chasing balls even in the 85th minute.

Lewa was just sad to see, he tried to create spaces, the balls he got went to hard or to long. Even if he tried to drop back into midfield and fought balls, he had none to play it to. Very shitty game for him to be in tbh. But to make fun of him and saying thats why Messi, Benzema and others are more favourites over him to win the ballon d lol, those should look in the mirror. What did Benzeratta do vs Osasuna, or Messi so far for PSG in the league? Anyway.

What i also noticed is that Dino Topmoller, was sitting a lot on the bench, instead of making changes, yell at players to be in position or whatever. Even Brazzo was just taking it.

The fans btw, in the standing block next to us, tried to make a party, but the players seemed not interested today, so that died pretty quickly except some spare occasional situations. But what did they do? They started to sing ''Deutscher Meister Wird nur der FCB'' #-o I even read a lot of them say in the social media sections ''Mund abputzen, weiter gehts etc etc etc'' But no.. After this performance, you cant just go back to your normal routine. This has to be examined quite thoroughly and they should change stuff up, no matter if you are Kimmich or whoever, if you not perform well you get subbed off or get benched. Like this, taking your place for granted, it only hurts the goals.

Anyway. The game went on, Bayern seemed to get a little bit of tries going forward, but nothing happened. In the whole game, except the header from Tolisso on the cross bar, the Muller back pass to Sommer ( that shot had no power whatsoever ) and the shots from Gnabry and Stanisic it was just nothing.

Even Coman went to warm up far before the end of the first half, but even he showed nothing, oh yeah one thing i will come back to shortly.

So the 2nd half starts and you expect changes, all out offense, but nothing. Upa tkaes a dumb yellow card, Gladbach clears a ball with a blind kick forward, where Upa just waits and waits and waits and gets shooled like an amateur by Embolo who even blast the ball through Neuers legs.
The fun thing is, when Upa finally got subbed out, you had to be there, to hear the Bayern fans cheer for that. The performance this man provided yesterday, is an outrage. This has nothing to do with professional level football, this was just i dont give a fuck attitude. He was sloppy in passing, he was slow, he got shooled every time Embolo put his body in play and looked like an amateur at the 1-0. 2-0 and especially the 4-0. This man deserves not to play in the Union game. And i wonder what his problem is, one game he plays great and the next he plays like he does this for the first time ever. He has a big body, fucking use it! Put your damn shoulder in Embolo, so he is off balance and he cant do shit with that 4-0. Nah this was a Bayern unworthy performance from him in defense. Nagelsmann has to have a real talk with this man about yesterday.

The 5-0 was again a misplaced pass by Coman, none near Embolo because there was just no MF more or less, runs away from Sule and Hernandez and scores pretty easily against Neuer who had no chance here either.

After that Bayern tried some stuff, but subbed people on to hold this 5 and not concede more. I was pretty surprised that Musiala did not come in for Gnabry or Muller or even Goretzka to go all in and try.

But this whole game, like i said, from pre warm up through the game, they seemed not to be there, not wanting to put in the effort. Not recognizing this is a KO round.

I said it before and i say it again. BMG away is the hardest away game possible in this world of football. Not even Liverpool, Real or whatever club are harder to play at. This is the toughest fucking game we have every year, away vs BMG. Do they have a shitty season? Yes they have with 10 points out of 27 possible ones. But somehow against us, especially if they play bad, they get out what they can bring. And its not the first time they owned us in their stadium, it happens a lot over the last 10 years. If there is one game in a season i would not put my money on to win it, its this away game. The fans are something different there, it lights up the players, going all in nothing to lose, which our players didnt have.

Now for the most embarrassing moment of the whole evening. After the match, in winning or losing, you are supposed to go to your fan corner as a team and thank them atleast for supporting you, while you didnt put in the effort on the pitch yourselves. Only 6!!!! players came to do that. Lewa, Hernandez, Muller, Sule, Stanisic and a bit later Neuer. Coman was gone inside as soon as the whistle blew and Sane kept on the distance at the edge of the box congratulating BMG players and applauding the fans from a distance, i think he was a bit scared to get booed or something to come closer? I mean, its just disgusting from most of the players. To not even have the balls to face your own fans after this performance. Some driving 1400km's in total to fucking watch you perform paying a couple hundred euros. That moment made me really be ashamed to be a Bayern supporter, not having the damn balls to look your own fans, from which most bleed red and white, just look them into their eyes. You dont even have to talk to them, but show them the damn respect from staying there until the end, even after this disgrace of a performance.

It was great to have this stadium feel again, but what a disaster of a game for us it turned out to be. I know the games continue to go on.. but away vs Union Berlin saturday and next weekend vs Freiburg, i dont have a happy forecast to be honest.
Not going to be the #12 doomer that i have read in this whole topic, but i am not optimistic at all for these games ( and the Benfica one is the least one i care about now ).

Did the Kimmich and Hernandez stuff play a role? I dont know.. But this performance was not to be expected, especially since some got even subbed off early vs Hoffenheim!! Like i said, this has to be analyzed for the full 120%. And i hope Nagelsmann is allowed to be there tomorrow to clean house.

I find it strange that the only time we are tested is when we lose. Beating Dortmund? Farmers league. Leipzig? Lost all good players. Leverkusen? Neverkusen. Cleaning up in the group stage of the CL? Simple and no opposition. Which teams are a true test for us? And will they be if we win?
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby Alexander » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:10 pm

And don’t get me wrong, yesterday was awful and we need to do a lot better.
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:11 pm

Lol at this treat
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby CiriacoS » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:34 pm

Great first hand feedback from the game by Ottomeister!

I just dont agree with the part where we somehow always find excuses for the opponents we beat but we never find any excuse for us not winning a single game. When we beat someone we beat them because they are shambles, but when we lose to someone we lose because we are so shit and they are so much better. No reasonable logic here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CiriacoS
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MihailT » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:54 pm

Kudos to Ottomeister87 for that extensive review/report of the game.
MihailT
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Ottomeister87 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:38 pm

No but we have to be honest with this. Leipzig lost 3 key players and their Coach. We beat them 4-1 while they were performing nowhere near last season. BVB Supercup is always a game that can go both ways, they had a longer pre season over us. ( and i dont know it either really cares for winning it for the title, or just for the prestige alone ) We beat Leverkusen who was so hyped up by German media i could only laugh, that it made us almost fear them, but lets be honest about Neverkusen, when can they be taken seriously as a competitor for the title? Okay, i admit, the way they got pushed aside was impressive, but its still Neverkusen. We beat Barca 3-0 away, but Barca is nowhere near the level of a serious threat, just look what a shitty thing they perform week in and week out, now they need a new coach again. We beat Benfica 4-0 away, but they never have been world beaters ( and even they held us at bay until the Sane FK )

Those are nice feats to have in the CV, i admit. But those are not the games, where we can say where we stand.

Look at what happened in the first game vs BMG. First half we should have won by those chances, second half we can be lucky we held onto just 1 point ( where Upa had 2 brainfarts in the penalty box, where 1 should have been a penalty ) and now the first real test away at BMG, we blew it completely. The next man didnt run for the other, they didnt create spaces to have a decent build up attack, crosses into nowhere ( not even anyone around for like 15 meters ) and now we face Union Berlin away and Freiburg at home ( with Benfica in between at home ) and imho, the Union Berlin and Freiburg game, can tell us a lot more where we actually stand, as those Barca, Leipzig or BVB pre season games..

But the way the defense got outplayed yesterday just with a simple long clearance ball, we dont even have to talk about a semi final or a CL win unless we might somehow get there in what way that might be. If the way Gladbach pressured and attacked, gets done more often, i assume us having trouble a lot of times.

This game cant be just shrugged off, its fine if one or 2 or maybe 3 have a day off. But this was a complete day off from everyone for the full 90 minutes almost. Even the subs more or less ( Coco did decent when coming in and had the most dangerous chance all game, go figure ). Our defense was pretty decent so far in most games, but the way BMG always plays against us, it was even worse compared to last season how Kreisligalevel they showed up in defense yesterday. And it was a do or die game on top of that and they lacked just everything. With a simple ''we are coming back stronger'' comment they can kiss my ass. For this bullshit, they should actually repay every fan their ticket prices for this abomination of a display. I was so damn mad after the 5-0, i was just laughing about everything happening with us on the field, i couldt even be bothered anymore to utter my frustration in the stadium... For this performance, they deserve every hard negative critics there are.
Some dont realize it as do some players i guess, but that was title number one thrown away, just like they threw it away vs PSG last season.
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Alexander » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:03 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:No but we have to be honest with this. Leipzig lost 3 key players and their Coach. We beat them 4-1 while they were performing nowhere near last season. BVB Supercup is always a game that can go both ways, they had a longer pre season over us. ( and i dont know it either really cares for winning it for the title, or just for the prestige alone ) We beat Leverkusen who was so hyped up by German media i could only laugh, that it made us almost fear them, but lets be honest about Neverkusen, when can they be taken seriously as a competitor for the title? Okay, i admit, the way they got pushed aside was impressive, but its still Neverkusen. We beat Barca 3-0 away, but Barca is nowhere near the level of a serious threat, just look what a shitty thing they perform week in and week out, now they need a new coach again. We beat Benfica 4-0 away, but they never have been world beaters ( and even they held us at bay until the Sane FK )

Those are nice feats to have in the CV, i admit. But those are not the games, where we can say where we stand.

Look at what happened in the first game vs BMG. First half we should have won by those chances, second half we can be lucky we held onto just 1 point ( where Upa had 2 brainfarts in the penalty box, where 1 should have been a penalty ) and now the first real test away at BMG, we blew it completely. The next man didnt run for the other, they didnt create spaces to have a decent build up attack, crosses into nowhere ( not even anyone around for like 15 meters ) and now we face Union Berlin away and Freiburg at home ( with Benfica in between at home ) and imho, the Union Berlin and Freiburg game, can tell us a lot more where we actually stand, as those Barca, Leipzig or BVB pre season games..

But the way the defense got outplayed yesterday just with a simple long clearance ball, we dont even have to talk about a semi final or a CL win unless we might somehow get there in what way that might be. If the way Gladbach pressured and attacked, gets done more often, i assume us having trouble a lot of times.

This game cant be just shrugged off, its fine if one or 2 or maybe 3 have a day off. But this was a complete day off from everyone for the full 90 minutes almost. Even the subs more or less ( Coco did decent when coming in and had the most dangerous chance all game, go figure ). Our defense was pretty decent so far in most games, but the way BMG always plays against us, it was even worse compared to last season how Kreisligalevel they showed up in defense yesterday. And it was a do or die game on top of that and they lacked just everything. With a simple ''we are coming back stronger'' comment they can kiss my ass. For this bullshit, they should actually repay every fan their ticket prices for this abomination of a display. I was so damn mad after the 5-0, i was just laughing about everything happening with us on the field, i couldt even be bothered anymore to utter my frustration in the stadium... For this performance, they deserve every hard negative critics there are.
Some dont realize it as do some players i guess, but that was title number one thrown away, just like they threw it away vs PSG last season.

I totally agree we stand no chance of reaching the latter stages of the CL with a performance like yesterday. Barca away is as much of a test as Borussia M`gladbach. Atleast in my opinion.
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby America USA » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:07 pm

Maybe the players like many fans don't care about Title No.1?

Yes if the players feel that way it's obviously wrong but I can understand that as long as I see the Players up for it in the Champions League and they keep giving me acceptable results in the BL. If by Christmas Bayern are leading the BL and win all the six UCL group games, I'm 100% sure almost everyone would have forgotten about the DFB Pokal.

And if Monchengladbach are such a terrifying opposition then I'm happy we won't have to go to their stadium again this season.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:39 pm

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:
MUTU wrote:[quote="YlonenXabi"]I'm curious to read his Top 5

Meanwhile, in alternate reality, we're first in 3 different rankings.

http://clubelo.com/Ranking
http://elofootball.com/#club
https://www.euroclubindex.com/
Great, how much silverware does that get us?

I don't know, you tell me. But we ARE reigning champions in three separate competitions.

Given how you were still complaining after we won the sextuple, it's pretty clear that you will never be happy. I am pretty sure that if we make a full season where we win every single match 10-0 you'd still find something to complain about. The problem is clearly you, not the team that is the reigning champions in 3 separate competitions.[/quote]Blah blah blah…

Just like you to factor in competitions that we will lose 100% because we cannot even take part again…

I will always complain about bad stuff… Would you stop eating meat because you already had a great steak?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:40 pm

Alexander wrote:” Great guess, winning a joke league”

I still think it is very good winning it nine times in a row. PSG haven’ done it in France.

”We’re lucky we don’t have to play at Gladbach more often”

Strange argument. We play all teams twice in the league. Once away.

It would be interesting to hear your thoughts if we win the league and the CL. I guess something like this:

1. Farmers league.
2. We were lucky in the final.
3. Real won it three times in a row. We will never defend it.
4. We just beat shitty teams on the road to the final.
I dream of defending it yes, but my claim stands: we‘re not winning a CL in the two legged setup - even without away goal rule… Feel free to call me out on that if it ever were to happen!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:42 pm

MihailT wrote:
#12 wrote:I don’t suffer from delusions of grandeur, so yeah, not Bayern… The best team will lift the big ears at the end, as they usually do, bar a few exceptions… And again, Bundesliga is not an achievement…

As you also don't suffer from talking straight to the point, let me ask you to stop beating around the bush like a slimy dodger.

I’m not beating around the bush, again: I can‘t say… Looking at us thrashing a few Bundesliga deadweights is not enough indication for me to say where we are… Clearly absolutely no one in the world would lose to Gladbach by five though, so it can‘t be us
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:42 pm

MihailT wrote:Oh, and btw, suggesting that the best team always wins the UCL shows a clear lack of judgement and significant detachment from reality. Chelsea and Real VARdrid say hi for the past 10 years alone.
Read my comment again…
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:43 pm

Alexander wrote:
MihailT wrote:

Every team can be except Bayern. We are always shit.
Nope, but we were about five (no pun intended) rock bottoms below shit yesterday…
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to DFB-Pokal