You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-10-27] Borussia M'gladbach vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Cup matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:45 pm

Borussia Mönchengladbach will win inside 90 minutes
No votes
Borussia Mönchengladbach will win after extra time
No votes
Borussia Mönchengladbach will win on penalties
No votes
Bayern Munich will win on penalties
No votes
Bayern Munich will win after extra time
17%
Bayern Munich will win inside 90 minutes
83%

Total votes : 6

Re: [2021-10-27] Borussia M'gladbach vs Bayern Munich

Postby #12 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:35 pm

CiriacoS wrote:Dont get me wrong but did someone really thought that we will streamroll each opponnet at least 4-0 until the end of the season. That they will somehow start to surrender when they see us on the field and we will win just by showing up?

Becoming the best is easy. Staying like that for a whole season is gigantic challenge. Therefore I am was absolutely expecting that we will slip sooner rather than later. This is a team, which is winning for 9 years straight. 2 trebles in 7 years. And after a string of phenomenal perfrormances its just really not easy to keep your level of concentration and motivation so high for each game. It is not even healthy since it is October and they will absolutely burn out till the crucial part of the season.

I just really did not expect that we will be torn apart like this. That we will not even want to play properly. I understand the lack of motivation to some extent. I also think that Nagelsmann being out, having this media frenzy around Kimmich and Hernandez, all of this factors had some influence to the state of the team yesterday. They looked so distracted like they are not there.

So all things considered I am absolutely confident that yesterday does not change anything apart from the fact that no one in the team is safe and should we decide to show any kind of arrogance we can be punished severely by any opponent. Our playing style is such that does not tolerate any lapse of concentration. Otherwise it can be suicide.

Also, when we destroy Leverkusen the Bundesliga is a farmers league. But when this happen we are somehow all of a sudden disaster. I think objectively in terms of tactical and football quality the Bundesliga is much much better than what is portraited on social media. Yes Bayern is great, but it is now coincidence we won two trebles in 7 years. Juventus apparanetly also plays in a farmer league but they have not won any treble in this period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, our players did obviously…
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:35 pm

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:36 pm

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Guys pls refrain from joking with mental illnesses

Who is joking with mental illnesses? Are you referring to my 5 stages of grief?
No
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MihailT » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:37 pm

#12 wrote:Great, how much silverware does that get us?

Since you are again avoiding my questions, which are straight to the point and don't give you much room to expand on a long bitch and moan session, let me repeat myself:

Which is the best team, according to you?

Secondly, since you brought it up - which team in Europe's Top 5 leagues has won more silverware than Bayern in the past 10 years?
MihailT
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby #12 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:37 pm

Alexander wrote:
#12 wrote:
Alexander wrote:[quote="#12"]Finns, I thought denial was what people did regarding our fundamental underlying problems…

But hey "we are still the best team", just kid yourselves if it helps you…

I believe we have a good chance of winning the league and that would make us the best team in Germany. We also have a shot in the CL. Of course not with displays like yesterday.
With displays like yesterday we have a shot at getting relegated in Kreisliga C

Do you believe we will make a lot of these matches? I do not. My guess is that we win the league.[/quote]Great guess, winning a joke league! (where apparently relegation candidates still assfuck you with a 5 goal difference )

We‘re lucky we don’t have to play at Gladbach more often… I mean how could we ever have known and prepared fir the game, right?
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Aequitas1987 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:38 pm

This is hilarious, to err is human folks and sometimes oppositions just have an awesome game. I don't get the negative nancies on the forum, stampeding around like babies who need to be breastfed every-time we have an off game or a loss.

Success is measured over time and thats what should allow any logical actor to assess our chances at it.
- Are we successful so far this season? By and large by most measurements & metrics - Hell yes
- Are we successful so far under Nagelsman? By and large by most measurements & metrics - Hell yes
- Are we successful so far in the champions league? I don't know what else would be considered successful if not this Perfection
- Have we been one of the most dominant clubs in European competitions in the last 3 years?? By and large by most measurements & metrics - Hell yes

So who would you define as the logical actors here, folks who use all of the above to formulate their opinion or the illogical actors who get touched by droplets of rain and act as if the sky is falling.

If you guys were fans of other top european teams might as well have fully metamorphised into your role of the madman on the street holding up the sign "the world is ending, we are all doomed"

I take this as a positive, everyone knows that there is a lot to learn from our losses and Gladbach exposed our weaknesses (when under extreme press among other reasons) that we can takeaway from this and work on before the real big CL games of the season.
Last edited by Aequitas1987 on Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:40 pm

MihailT wrote:
#12 wrote:Great, how much silverware does that get us?

Since you are again avoiding my questions, which are straight to the point and don't give you much room to expand on a long bitch and moan session, let me repeat myself:

Which is the best team, according to you?

Secondly, since you brought it up - which team in Europe's Top 5 leagues has won more silverware than Bayern in the past 10 years?
I don’t suffer from delusions of grandeur, so yeah, not Bayern… The best team will lift the big ears at the end, as they usually do, bar a few exceptions… And again, Bundesliga is not an achievement…
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:44 pm

#12 wrote:
MUTU wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:I'm curious to read his Top 5

Meanwhile, in alternate reality, we're first in 3 different rankings.

http://clubelo.com/Ranking
http://elofootball.com/#club
https://www.euroclubindex.com/
Great, how much silverware does that get us?

I don't know, you tell me. But we ARE reigning champions in three separate competitions.

Given how you were still complaining after we won the sextuple, it's pretty clear that you will never be happy. I am pretty sure that if we make a full season where we win every single match 10-0 you'd still find something to complain about. The problem is clearly you, not the team that is the reigning champions in 3 separate competitions.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Alexander » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:51 pm

” Great guess, winning a joke league”

I still think it is very good winning it nine times in a row. PSG haven’ done it in France.

”We’re lucky we don’t have to play at Gladbach more often”

Strange argument. We play all teams twice in the league. Once away.

It would be interesting to hear your thoughts if we win the league and the CL. I guess something like this:

1. Farmers league.
2. We were lucky in the final.
3. Real won it three times in a row. We will never defend it.
4. We just beat shitty teams on the road to the final.
Last edited by Alexander on Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby MihailT » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:52 pm

#12 wrote:I don’t suffer from delusions of grandeur, so yeah, not Bayern… The best team will lift the big ears at the end, as they usually do, bar a few exceptions… And again, Bundesliga is not an achievement…

As you also don't suffer from talking straight to the point, let me ask you to stop beating around the bush like a slimy dodger.

Answer the question - which is the best team?
MihailT
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby MihailT » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:56 pm

Oh, and btw, suggesting that the best team always wins the UCL shows a clear lack of judgement and significant detachment from reality. Chelsea and Real VARdrid say hi for the past 10 years alone.
MihailT
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Alexander » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:59 pm

MihailT wrote:
#12 wrote:I don’t suffer from delusions of grandeur, so yeah, not Bayern… The best team will lift the big ears at the end, as they usually do, bar a few exceptions… And again, Bundesliga is not an achievement…

As you also don't suffer from talking straight to the point, let me ask you to stop beating around the bush like a slimy dodger.

Answer the question - which is the best team?

Every team can be except Bayern. We are always shit.
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Alexander » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:07 pm

Imagine us winning the CL after beating PSG in the semis and City in the final while finishing third in the farmers league. Are we the best team in Europe or shit after failing domestic?
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MihailT » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:08 pm

Alexander wrote:
Every team can be except Bayern. We are always shit.

Oh yes, that much is clear, I'd just like to hear a single specific name from him. As I'm quite curious which is this wonderteam that never loses a game, always performs top-notch week in and week out, doesn't have brain farts, doesn't allow disaster results, wins every single competition every year and is worthy of the title "Favourite football club of Godemperor #12".
MihailT
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:14 pm

#12 wrote:Ask the betting sites who were yesterday‘s favorites

They love games like yesterday’s. Although the odds on Gladbach guve a much higher payout so many more people bet on the favourite or on extra time that they will end up making more profit. Generally speaking for a game with a high turnover, it is better for them if the underdog wins. Not so if there isn’t a high amount of money bet of course, so for smaller games.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to DFB-Pokal