You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-10-27] Borussia M'gladbach vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Cup matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:45 pm

Borussia Mönchengladbach will win inside 90 minutes
No votes
Borussia Mönchengladbach will win after extra time
No votes
Borussia Mönchengladbach will win on penalties
No votes
Bayern Munich will win on penalties
No votes
Bayern Munich will win after extra time
17%
Bayern Munich will win inside 90 minutes
83%

Total votes : 6

Re: [2021-10-27] Borussia M'gladbach vs Bayern Munich

Postby CiriacoS » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:08 pm

First of all this Gladbach peformance was incredible. They played like they are fighting for their lives. Marvelouse. Just marvelous. It was astonishing to see how they got everything right. There was not a single pass, a tackle or a second ball that went wrong for them. Every single thing went right for them. It was apaling to watch.

That being said, it has to be notes that absolutely EVERYTHING went wrong for us. And for most of that we have ourselves to blame. I mean we start the game by making a double mistake in defense (First Davies than Upamecano) and first attack of the game Gladbach scores.

On top of that Upamecano literaly gifted them 3 goals. He looked drunk today. It was crazy to watch him. No words. And not just him. The whole team. They were not there. Like they did not want to play.

If there is anything positive to be taken from this game, that is the fact that after this game no one should be safe. Nagelsmann has to change direction a bit with this team. This arrogance can destroy a season. You cant have someone like Pavard starting at RB. You cant be nice with all players. You cant have unfit Goretzka starting. You cant play Kimmich every single second. Nianzou is not given a minute to play. Sabitzer and Tolisso also have to get a decent chance. We have to rotate in order to keep this team hungry.

Today it looked like a bad dream. But this must never happen again. Thank god its just October.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CiriacoS
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:10 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:
#12 wrote:You DO know Nagelsmann constantly kept in contact with the bench?

Yes, I know that, but it's not the same

If you are on the pitch you can give instructions to you players in real time and see everything. It's not the same that watching the TV broadcast
Well, I still assume when you say he could‘ve done something we wouldn’t lose by 5, right?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:10 pm

Upamecano reminded me of Breno especially when he let that ball bounce prior to their 4th goal. It was like Breno vs Eto'o in 2011 :oops:

YlonenXabi wrote:Problem is people are not patient and they focus solely on his mistakes. So we will soon read things here like "Upamecano what a Fraud" ...

:coffee:
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby aterford » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:11 pm

#12 wrote:Well maybe mathematically, but I think their goals all were more or less consequential (maybe except #4) - while Neuer had a great safe and Embolo missed an easy sitter even before the 4-0… That to me were exceptional chances as well and we‘d be at 7… I mean sure, that would be a great rate, but also nothing unexpected, they‘re pros…

Okay, but by that same measure we literally had more shots and shots on target than they did and finished with *zero*. I don't know how else to illustrate that we were very, very uncharacteristically wasteful. If we are going to talk about how they could have scored more, we have to mention that we should have scored more, as well.

Not to mention that the math can't account for "momentum" or emotion or whatever. Immediately following their second (and third) we had a couple of big periods of sustained pressure with nothing to show for it. Getting a goal to make it 2:1 or even 3:1 would in all likelihood have dramatically changed the entire makeup of the match. I doubt they apply the same pressure and push just the same at 2:1 or 3:1 as they would at 2:0, 3:0.

So it is what it is. Like I said, on averages you'd probably expect them to score one or two less and you'd probably expect us to score one or two more. And that's fine. It's still a loss. But again I'll stress that it's okay to acknowledge that it's really an unlikely result all things considered and it's perhaps not *as bad* as 5:0 would indicate on the surface...while still acknowledging that it's our worst loss in years and easily our worst performance of the season. Both of these things can be true at the same time.
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:15 pm

aterford wrote:
#12 wrote:Well maybe mathematically, but I think their goals all were more or less consequential (maybe except #4) - while Neuer had a great safe and Embolo missed an easy sitter even before the 4-0… That to me were exceptional chances as well and we‘d be at 7… I mean sure, that would be a great rate, but also nothing unexpected, they‘re pros…

Okay, but by that same measure we literally had more shots and shots on target than they did and finished with *zero*. I don't know how else to illustrate that we were very, very uncharacteristically wasteful. If we are going to talk about how they could have scored more, we have to mention that we should have scored more, as well.

Not to mention that the math can't account for "momentum" or emotion or whatever. Immediately following their second (and third) we had a couple of big periods of sustained pressure with nothing to show for it. Getting a goal to make it 2:1 or even 3:1 would in all likelihood have dramatically changed the entire makeup of the match. I doubt they apply the same pressure and push just the same at 2:1 or 3:1 as they would at 2:0, 3:0.

So it is what it is. Like I said, on averages you'd probably expect them to score one or two less and you'd probably expect us to score one or two more. And that's fine. It's still a loss. But again I'll stress that it's okay to acknowledge that it's really an unlikely result all things considered and it's perhaps not *as bad* as 5:0 would indicate on the surface...while still acknowledging that it's our worst loss in years and easily our worst performance of the season. Both of these things can be true at the same time.
Well, I honestly don’t know how up to 5-0, which is when I finally turned off my TV, someone could even classify us as "in the game", let alone wasteful… So yeah maybe we started a steamroll and I should‘ve never turned the TV on, but even if that’s the case, I’m still inclined to think that they didn’t need to score #6 and 7 and so they let us have a few breadcrumbs…
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:29 pm

Real failed to win as well
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:32 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Real failed to win as well
So?
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:33 pm

#12 should go to sleep IMHO.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:34 pm

MUTU wrote:#12 should go to sleep IMHO.
Nah I‘m still waiting for all the goals we‘ll score
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:39 pm

#12 wrote:

We took a break to allow some other club in Europe to catch up.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:42 pm

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:

We took a break to allow some other club in Europe to catch up.
At what? Bottling KOs?

That break is two years in a row already… Two years in a row out against laughable opposition, even earlier and more embarrassing this year… Very curious anticipating someone catching up!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:44 pm

We were talking about goals weren't we? The goalposts got stopped at customs in another continent.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:47 pm

Just back home from an evening out.

W.T.A.F :twisted:

I was expecting to see that we'd lost. But this???
Lukas
2020/21 Prediction Game Winner
2020/21 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby #12 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:50 pm

Well, we could‘ve never scored enough to win this anyways
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:52 pm

Lukas wrote:Just back home from an evening out.

W.T.A.F :twisted:

I was expecting to see that we'd lost. But this???
I was expecting a motivated team with some attitude to make up for the shit they pulled last season… But we got even bigger shit…

They also didn’t make up for it in CL last year and neither will they this year…
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to DFB-Pokal