You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-10-27] Borussia M'gladbach vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Cup matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:45 pm

Borussia Mönchengladbach will win inside 90 minutes
No votes
Borussia Mönchengladbach will win after extra time
No votes
Borussia Mönchengladbach will win on penalties
No votes
Bayern Munich will win on penalties
No votes
Bayern Munich will win after extra time
17%
Bayern Munich will win inside 90 minutes
83%

Total votes : 6

Re: [2021-10-27] Borussia M'gladbach vs Bayern Munich

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:15 pm

I think that Nagelsmann would have had tactical solutions and would have corrected quite a few things if he had been down there tonight

But you have to give credit to their coach
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby archymen » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:15 pm

Maybe Bayern had a hardcore ayahuasca ritual last night. Or some other wild shit going on :lol:
Last edited by archymen on Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
archymen
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:15 pm

They deserve a spanking and not to be allowed to go home until after next league game...
And also to boycott media
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:17 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:we are being overrun all over the field. they just want it more and dont give our players any space to operate. deserved win, we are really bad today.

their coaches knew how to neutralize our tactics and use it against us. we will come back stronger.

No, we won't. We are being knocked out of DFB-Pokal. Once you lose, there's no 2nd leg. :( :wink:

MUTU wrote:Nagelsmann raus? Not even Kovac lost 5-0. :P

You know what's the worst thing?
We are down after less than 60 minutes with goals behind Neuer and they aren't planning to stop like Liverpool vs Manchester did it 3 days ago. :? :? :?

Conceding 6 or 7 goals tonight is... ufffffff... I'm forced to see 5 already. :roll:

By the way, I hope Borussia Mönchengladbach have taken that Bauernliga/Farmer League as a deep insult and this tonight is the answer to rest of Europe and world. :mrgreen: If they don't say that after the match in the press-conference, they are stupid as fúck. :lol:
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:18 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:I think that Nagelsmann would have had tactical solutions and would have corrected quite a few things if he had been down there tonight

But you have to give credit to their coach

Hmm I mean it obviously didn't help but I wouldn't put it down to that. Think we'd have lost anyway. To me the turning point was the dubious penalty, at 2-0 I believe we'd have found a way.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby aterford » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:22 pm

Setting aside the fact that Gladbach have long been a bogey team for us, I think they're also better than many are giving them credit for - and not just in this match. Yes, I know they're currently 12th, but their underlying numbers would see them placed more like 5th or thereabouts. That's not great of course, but I don't think they are as bad of a team as their table position would indicate. Beyond that, Gladbach have been very clinical while we've been uncharacteristically error-prone and profligate when we're in attack.

Don't read that wrong: Gladbach are not THAT good and we are playing just terrible. It just so happens that we've turned in our worst performance of the season while Gladbach have brought their absolute best. I suspect that when all is said and done we would probably find that something like a 3-0, 4-1 would be a more 'fair' result but sometimes that's life. Not that it's much better that way, but in some ways I think it's not as comprehensively bad as a 5-0 (or worse) would represent. And of course, we're without our manager at the moment, and - not ref-blaming - but I think it's also fair to say that Gladbach have perhaps benefitted from the officiating/lack of VAR. That's not to take anything from them, really, but like I said previously: Just about everything that could go wrong for us has, and just about everything that could go right for them has as well. I'd wager you could play this same match 100x and not see this same result twice.

So it's a totally sh*t performance, there's no doubt about that, but I don't think it is (yet) totally season-killing or anything like that.

And of course it was Adi Hütter who was leading Frankfurt when they hung 5 on us as well, ha.
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:22 pm

That penalty was an absolute joke IMO.

But we've been outplayed since the very first minute and nothing has been changed. I'm pretty sure JN would have tried something different. I'm not saying we would have won, but we would have had more chances

Tonight's performance is an absolute disaster and this doesn't look anything remotely close to what we've been seeing in the last 2 months. It looks like a completely different team
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby sherpthederp » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:24 pm

We need to seriously look back at giving Stanisic a chance at taking Pavards spot at RB. He’s been consistently better at RB than Pavard.
sherpthederp
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby aterford » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:26 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:That penalty was an absolute joke IMO.

But we've been outplayed since the very first minute and nothing has been changed. I'm pretty sure JN would have tried something different. I'm not saying we would have won, but we would have had more chances

Tonight's performance is an absolute disaster and this doesn't look anything remotely close to what we've been seeing in the last 2 months. It looks like a completely different team

100%. At bare minimum it's the thing you'd expect to be reviewed but alas... And I agree. I don't know that we would have won as we've been outplayed all around but I don't think it'd be this bad either. It is worth remembering though that at the moment this is the exception rather than the rule. We have been playing great football for the majority of the season and if I had to guess I suspect this will end up being viewed as a strange anomaly much like BATE in 2012/13. These things happen.
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:27 pm

sherpthederp wrote:We need to seriously look back at giving Stanisic a chance at taking Pavards spot at RB. He’s been consistently better at RB than Pavard.

Hard to make an argument against at this point. I don't know if Stanisic will always be consistently better but at this point it's hard to see him being consistently worse, either. We know what we have in Pavard, we know where his ceiling is, for the most part. There's a case to be made for trying to really get a good idea for what we have in Stanisic, at least.
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford

Postby sherpthederp » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:28 pm

And now that we’ve had 4-5 unanswered shots on goal, Sommer is pulling another voodoo performance. FFS
sherpthederp
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby sch0ll7 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:34 pm

aterford wrote:We have been playing great football for the majority of the season and if I had to guess I suspect this will end up being viewed as a strange anomaly much like BATE in 2012/13. These things happen.

we showed some great football and hunger this season and like you said we just need to look at it as moment of weakness.

I am sure this defeat will show everyone at our club that we need to go into games at 100% and never be too relaxed and too confident.
To be honest I really dont care about another DFB pokal. All I care is our team winning the CL. I am sure we have the quality to win it but need to be 100% at every game and show that we want it more than anyone else. I have no doubt that this defeat will make our players angry and they will learn from it.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:38 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
Evan van Essen wrote:Imma be carzy and predict another 4-0 win

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A5010 met Tapatalk
0-6
Hope that you learn not to overestimate opponents esp out boogie teams
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby sherpthederp » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:38 pm

At least Tolisso on for Goretzka gave us some stability in midfield and we stopped conceding, but we don’t have a replacement for the exhausted Kimmich, who had a howler today, turning into pressure and getting dispossessed constantly, and misplacing dangerous passes all over the pitch.
sherpthederp
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Evan van Essen » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:41 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
Evan van Essen wrote:Imma be carzy and predict another 4-0 win

0-6
Hope that you learn not to overestimate opponents esp out boogie teams
Bro i never make predictions and wasn't underestimating them. And hell if i was what would it matter.

Evan van Essen
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

PreviousNext

Return to DFB-Pokal