You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-05-19] Bayern Munich vs Eintracht Frankfurt

Discussions on the German Cup matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat May 19, 2018 7:00 pm

Bayern Munich will win inside 90 minutes
100%
Bayern Munich will win after extra time
No votes
Bayern Munich will win on penalties
No votes
Eintracht Frankfurt will win on penalties
No votes
Eintracht Frankfurt will win after extra time
No votes
Eintracht Frankfurt will win inside 90 minutes
No votes

Total votes : 5

Re: [2018-05-19] Bayern Munich vs Eintracht Frankfurt

Postby America USA » Sat May 19, 2018 10:05 pm

Lahmies wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Just saw the result. What happened? Surprised and disappointed

It's really not that far off from the Real Madrid games. Brought this upon ourselves + bad refereeing. We created even less chances.

We actually played better against Real Madrid than we did today against Frankfurt... :oops:

This is true. Bayern dominated Real Madrid. Today we were not good but despite all that this game should rightly have gone to Extra Time.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

Postby Lahmies » Sat May 19, 2018 10:06 pm

America USA wrote:
Lahmies wrote:I dont blame the referee at all. Frankfurt was smarter than us, more organized tactically, and that’s why they won. Blaming the referee in this match is just scapegoating. It’s one thing to say that against Real Madrid, but against Frankfurt we simply should have done better. No excuses.

That’s MuTu’s point and that’s why he is saying that the referee should be fired from his job.

I get that, but I think it’s an exaggeration IMO. It kinda looks like we’re trying to cover up the fact they played better than us with these claims. Against Madrid it was plausible, but today against Frankfurt it’s kinda far fetched.
Lahmies
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby MUTU » Sat May 19, 2018 10:08 pm

America USA wrote:Today we were not good but despite all that this game should rightly have gone to Extra Time.

Let's be honest, Frankfurt would have been lucky to even take it to extra time. They created absolutely nothing apart from the goals. At least Bayern hit the woodwork, twice. And had a few other close shaves.

BTW, they showed Kovac the replay, they showed Heynckes the replay, and now they're showing a bunch of Frankfurt players the replay. Every single person thinks it was a clear penalty, except for Felix Zwayer.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Sat May 19, 2018 10:11 pm

Lahmies wrote:we’re trying to cover up the fact they played better than us

I'm sorry just because we lost stop trying to applaud the winner.

22-8 shots
77.1% possession for Bayern
They had just 63% pass success rate
They had 2 quarter chances (not even half chances) in 94 minutes and scored 2 goals. Then they scored again while Bayern should have been taking a penalty kick.

They were incredibly clinical, but that doesn't mean that they played better.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Lahmies » Sat May 19, 2018 10:15 pm

They knew how to defend and they knew how and when to attack. Possession and shots don’t mean shit. They were organized and smart, they knew what they were doing while we were lost trying to cross the ball into the box and hope someone shot it into goal.
Lahmies
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby Ollio » Sat May 19, 2018 10:20 pm

In the end, the ones who scored the goals were better. Doesn't matter how you do it, that's just how it is. No medals for dominating, which I don't think we even did tonight. A very tired and uninspiring looking performance.

With that being said, we definitely were robbed of a penalty. The same type of fouls were given all over the pitch. If it's a foul at the halfway line, it's a foul in the box too. Horrible decision from the ref. I thought VAR was gonna be the end of these. Ridiculous, we need AI refereeing or smth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ollio
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Finland

Postby gumboduncan » Sat May 19, 2018 10:22 pm

Horrible result and a poor game from us. But, I can't believe some of you so called "supporters" around here. You should be ashamed of yourself for some of your comments. We lost A game against a team that played to their strength. We made errors and all of them resulted in goals. All of a sudden Bayern is a horrible team with horrible players. Alaba this, Hummels that. Common guys. I'm extremely pissed at our performance, but I would never call out some of the players that some of you guys do. Sure, many played poorly. Are they all of a sudden poor players because of that? Hummels and Süle have been very good this season, but now we need to sign a new pair of centerbacks because they suck.

It's OK to criticize, but the way some of you do it, it's just plain STUPID.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby America USA » Sat May 19, 2018 10:26 pm

^ I don’t know who’s talking shit about Hummels/Süle but Alaba has been underwhelming for three years now.

Not saying sell David but need to bring in serious starting level competition for the LB spot.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

Postby gumboduncan » Sat May 19, 2018 10:34 pm

Lukas wrote:And these two (Hummels/Süle) could well be pairing up again for Germany. Think I might take a break from football until August.

A few of us are blaming Hummels and Süle. The team as a whole played poorly. I can't think of a player that played well. Frankfurt played to their strenght. They were physical and aggressive throughout the game. Bayern played like they just needed to show up.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby Lukas » Sat May 19, 2018 10:38 pm

Not sure how anyone can say our defence isn't a problem. There is always a chance of them gifting a goal in even the most one sided of games (Besiktas away for example)
Lukas
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby gumboduncan » Sat May 19, 2018 10:42 pm

Our defense has been good this season IMO. All of today's goals were not because of poor defensive play. They came from errors. The can be said against Real Madrid in both games. I'm not going to say that Hummels and Süle had a good game, but the goals cannot be written on them.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby Dalv » Sat May 19, 2018 10:43 pm

gumboduncan wrote:Horrible result and a poor game from us. But, I can't believe some of you so called "supporters" around here. You should be ashamed of yourself for some of your comments. We lost A game against a team that played to their strength. We made errors and all of them resulted in goals. All of a sudden Bayern is a horrible team with horrible players. Alaba this, Hummels that. Common guys. I'm extremely pissed at our performance, but I would never call out some of the players that some of you guys do. Sure, many played poorly. Are they all of a sudden poor players because of that? Hummels and Süle have been very good this season, but now we need to sign a new pair of centerbacks because they suck.

I blame Ulreich even though I havent seen the game, because Ulreich is just a clown.
Dalv
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Sat May 19, 2018 10:44 pm

Dalv wrote:
gumboduncan wrote:Horrible result and a poor game from us. But, I can't believe some of you so called "supporters" around here. You should be ashamed of yourself for some of your comments. We lost A game against a team that played to their strength. We made errors and all of them resulted in goals. All of a sudden Bayern is a horrible team with horrible players. Alaba this, Hummels that. Common guys. I'm extremely pissed at our performance, but I would never call out some of the players that some of you guys do. Sure, many played poorly. Are they all of a sudden poor players because of that? Hummels and Süle have been very good this season, but now we need to sign a new pair of centerbacks because they suck.

I blame Ulreich even though I havent seen the game, because Ulreich is just a clown.
Bravo , keep it up...

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bavarian_Kielbasa » Sat May 19, 2018 11:20 pm

More stale Wing play IMO. Our attack inside the box just isn't quality enough

Comparing 2018 to the 2017 season, we created a-lot less penalties.
Bavarian_Kielbasa
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat May 19, 2018 11:30 pm

This attack is not good enough to win titles, yes. I agree

But this is not supposed to be our attack. That's why we have Coman, Robben etc. Our injury situation made us rely on a 35 y.o Ribery for all the big games, but this is not how Bayern is gonna be next year. Stop acting like if we were a shit team cause we have very good attacking players and we will surely be adding up one more plus Gnabry

This recent performances show how important is Boateng for this team. Hummels and Suele are way too slow and static to play in a high defensive line unless a top form Neuer can cover up their lack of speed. That was not the case with Ulreich
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

PreviousNext

Return to DFB-Pokal