You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2015-04-28] Bayern Munich vs Borussia Dortmund

Discussions on the German Cup matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win inside 90 minutes
76%
Bayern Munich will win after extra time
10%
Bayern Munich will win on penalties
No votes
Borussia Dortmund will win on penalties
No votes
Borussia Dortmund will win after extra time
No votes
Borussia Dortmund will win inside 90 minutes
14%

Total votes : 21

Re: [2015-04-28] Bayern Munich vs Borussia Dortmund

Postby RedQueen » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:32 pm

nm462272 wrote:you have a good point, but it's also possible that Neuer insisted on taking the penalty himself.

I find that very unlikely. The only time he took a pen was when everyone else chickened out.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby pyrasur » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:33 pm

Come on at the end of the day the team showed heart and created chances. Schweini and Thiago had very good chances to score, but they were only chances all you can ask is the player to put it on frame. I mean Thiago's good but asking him to make a turning split second shot I don't begrudge him not putting it top right corner at 100 kpm.

Maaaaybe the team can practise penalties but at the end of the day the players go through so many skill exercises you expect the captain and another senior player at least not to slip. I dunno I give credit where credit is due maybe Bayern should have done better but Dortmund have been at the bad end of a lot of decisions, they finally got the better end of the 60/40 decision.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby pyrasur » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:36 pm

RedQueen wrote:@Mia san Bayern, you can rationalize this all you want, matter of fact is that by Pep's own words we don't practice penalties ahead of games that can go to penalties, because he doesn't want to give the players the feeling that they can't win in regular time. If you don't practice penalties, you lack the routine and you're more likely to miss when it counts. You're also more likely to chicken out and leave it to your goalkeeper to take one, who by his own words doesn't practice penalties, not only ahead of big games, but ever. I'm kinda surprised that apparently no one but me wonders why he, and not for example Schweinsteiger or whoever else was still on the pitch, stepped up and took the fourth.

Maybe Schweini was meant to be fifth. Probably could have rotated once we'd seen EVERYONE miss their penalties, so perhaps you are right. Don't think it would have mattered though.
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MillaMjau » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:36 pm

Feeling really bad for Boateng, though. He wanted so badly to play in the final.

Das Runde muss ins Eckige!
MillaMjau
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Finland
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby DerKaiser » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:41 pm

Unless Thiago and Müller were injured, Pep fucked this one up!
As long as no-one scored, it was always going to be close.’ – Arsene Wenger
DerKaiser
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MillaMjau » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:43 pm

RedQueen wrote:
nm462272 wrote:you have a good point, but it's also possible that Neuer insisted on taking the penalty himself.

I find that very unlikely. The only time he took a pen was when everyone else chickened out.

I think he might've offered to take one if there wasn't any volunteers. And there probably wasn't as Müller, Lewandowski and Thiago were all out.
All the Neuer-haters are now having a field day, btw.
Das Runde muss ins Eckige!
MillaMjau
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Finland

Postby Mia san Bayern » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:45 pm

RedQueen wrote:@Mia san Bayern, you can rationalize this all you want, matter of fact is that by Pep's own words we don't practice penalties ahead of games that can go to penalties, because he doesn't want to give the players the feeling that they can't win in regular time. If you don't practice penalties, you lack the routine and you're more likely to miss when it counts. You're also more likely to chicken out and leave it to your goalkeeper to take one, who by his own words doesn't practice penalties, not only ahead of big games, but ever. I'm kinda surprised that apparently no one but me wonders why he, and not for example Schweinsteiger or whoever else was still on the pitch, stepped up and took the fourth.

Well tbh this is the first penalty shootout (out of 3) we have lost under Pep's reign and we've converted most of our penalties during games too . So it might be true what you've said but honestly losing 4 out of 4 penalties can't be just explained by that. I think Schweini didn't step up and took the fourth because he traditionally takes the fifth penalty. Or he might have chickened out like the others for the same reason as in the last penalty shooutout at the AA.

What's most important for the players is to learn from this match, get over it and always show the will to win during the game whatever may happen. If we do this and manage to play at the top of our level we have a chance against Barca because they're not impossible to beat despite having the best attack in the world. It's going to be very tough and possible additional injuries certainly won't help but Bayern must do everything in their powers to go through against Barca.
Here (at his club of six years Bayern Munich) it is always good, here I am happy and here it's fun. That is more important for me than the national team.
-Franck Ribery-
Mia san Bayern
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Albania

Postby RedQueen » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:46 pm

pyrasur wrote:Maybe Schweini was meant to be fifth. Probably could have rotated once we'd seen EVERYONE miss their penalties, so perhaps you are right. Don't think it would have mattered though.

It wouldn't have mattered for this game, but it matters a lot in regard to the mentality of the team if I'm right. I really, really thought this (chickening out of taking penalties in a shootout) was over. Then they're not where I thought they were.

I'm actually kinda glad Neuer missed too. Imagine the embarrassment if he had been the only one who scored.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Korab » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:47 pm

This is very strange that you guys don't see anything wrong with Pep, the team played their usual passing game forever, even with 11 against 10. No sign of any urgency at all. Game turn out to be normal as previous games with one difference, no luck at all, but team like Bayern should not require any!
Well, maybe we all will be lucky to see finally Pep's plan B in the game with Barca.
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby RedQueen » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:51 pm

MillaMjau wrote:I think he might've offered to take one if there wasn't any volunteers. And there probably wasn't as Müller, Lewandowski and Thiago were all out.

That's quite likely. Still there were 9 outfield players left, so leaving it to the goalkeeper, who says he never practices shooting penalties ever, should be the last of all possible options.
All the Neuer-haters are now having a field day, btw.

The Neuer haters have gone really quiet lately, given the recent performances of the so-called world best keepers De Gea and Courtois.
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby pyrasur » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:52 pm

So how many chances to score did we have when it was 11v10? You are right though the team should have had more urgency. If only Lewy had gone MORE into that 50/50.
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:56 pm

Korab wrote:This is very strange that you guys don't see anything wrong with Pep, the team played their usual passing game forever, even with 11 against 10. No sign of any urgency at all. Game turn out to be normal as previous games with one difference, no luck at all, but team like Bayern should not require any!
Well, maybe we all will be lucky to see finally Pep's plan B in the game with Barca.

And what's the problem with that? We completely outplayed Dortmund for at least 100 out of 120 minutes. It's been ages since a Bayern-Dortmund game was so one-sided in favour of Bayern. That's what makes the loss hurt.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Pittbay » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:01 am

Korab wrote:This is very strange that you guys don't see anything wrong with Pep, the team played their usual passing game forever, even with 11 against 10. No sign of any urgency at all. Game turn out to be normal as previous games with one difference, no luck at all, but team like Bayern should not require any!

Besides maybe the Müller sub, Pep is the last person I'd blame for this game. We created enough chances today to score 2 or 3 more goals, but the players just failed to convert. Can't blame him for fatigue or injuries either.
Pittbay
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby pyrasur » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:15 am

Looking back, what a little **** Schmelzer is, walking past Lewandowski on the floor to congratulate Langerak for crushing him. At least there was one BVB player who had a mind to check on Lewy. I can't believe someone managed to calm Pep down from that one.
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby shindouhikaru888 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:21 am

This is just plain stupidity. To play robben when he just got back from injury and u know theres barcelona in the semifinals and to sub in him with only 25 minutes left in the game, while ur leading 1-0. This coach just makes me wow...
shindouhikaru888
Woah, this feels cool!

PreviousNext

Return to DFB-Pokal