You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2020-07-04] Bayer Leverkusen vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Cup matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:00 pm

Bayer 04 Leverkusen will win inside 90 minutes
No votes
Bayer 04 Leverkusen will win after extra time
No votes
Bayer 04 Leverkusen will win on penalties
No votes
Bayern Munich will win on penalties
No votes
Bayern Munich will win after extra time
No votes
Bayern Munich will win inside 90 minutes
100%

Total votes : 5

Re: [2020-07-04] Bayer Leverkusen vs Bayern Munich

Postby nm462272 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:58 am

ramsej84 wrote:
nm462272 wrote:re Havertz: for someone who is supposed to be the next big thing, and is worth >100 million, he was supremely underwhelming today. sure, bad tactics, etc. can have an effect on players, but for someone who is apparently one of the top 5 players 21 or under... he showed nothing today.

he's good, that's for sure, but one wonders if it's enough for Bayern
If you are surrounded with average teammates... playing vs one of the best teams in the world...
Playing out of position... (in fact he improved when Volland came in)

i get what you are saying, and i agree that poor teammates, poor tactics, etc. can have an effect, but in the end - he's supposed to be an elite player with a huge price tag. he must be a true difference maker for that price...
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:16 am

nm462272 wrote:
nm462272 wrote:re Havertz: for someone who is supposed to be the next big thing, and is worth >100 million, he was supremely underwhelming today. sure, bad tactics, etc. can have an effect on players, but for someone who is apparently one of the top 5 players 21 or under... he showed nothing today.

and i guess to continue this thought, imagine that Bayern has two transfer targets but can only pay for one - Havertz and Sancho. Both would cost 100 million +, both are young talented attackers, etc. Who would you pick? I have the feeling that the vast majority would pick Sancho...

I'm not totally convinced by either, but would prefer going for Havertz.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:21 am

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:55 am

Alexander wrote:A few thoughts from me:

1. Kimmich is on his way to become a great midfielder. I had my doubts but he is getting better and better.

2. Although Goretzka has been doing well I think Thiago should bench him.

3. I don`t feel all secure of seeing our backfour against the very best of Europe.

4. Lewandowski is the clear favourite to win Ballon D ór.

5. If Sané reaches his potential he will make us a lot better.

6. Without losing control like we did in the second half I bellieve we can beat every team and win the Champions League.
1-3 are probably true, 4 is wrong, 5 and 6 are highly questionable...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:58 am

MUTU wrote:Yes, people are reading too much into what happened when the match was already won and Bayern players shifted down two gears.
No YOU don’t get it... A 2-1 or a 3-2 (both VERY possible) are different than a 3-1...They would've opened up this "already won" match - and the question is: would the team have been able to shift those two gears back up... Cause very few are...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:02 am

Well, judging on one game, sure... Then again Davies looked like an amateur against Diaby (would be a good third winger...) twice... Goretzka was not exactly great yesterday and besides his finish Gnabry was invisible... Even Lewa had a mediocre game that Hradecky turned into a great performance...

All that to say Havertz was pure shit yesterday... But he’s still where we shoupd go after Müller...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:05 am

nm462272 wrote:

and i guess to continue this thought, imagine that Bayern has two transfer targets but can only pay for one - Havertz and Sancho. Both would cost 100 million +, both are young talented attackers, etc. Who would you pick? I have the feeling that the vast majority would pick Sancho...
Sure, but Sancho is 130m and we just bought a winger... If you designated Gnabry as a Müller replacement, then you could argue about Sancho...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:06 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
nm462272 wrote:

I'm not totally convinced by either, but would prefer going for Havertz.
You’re not convinced by Sancho? Man...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:44 am

During the celebrations I noticed Lucas taking a photo with all the Spanish speaking teammates...

Tbh I don't know why and how he plays for France....

He spent his youth career in Spain as well...

Boqq
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:57 am

I can’t get over how funny the third goal is. Two extremes of goalkeeping.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lahmies » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:45 pm

ramsej84 wrote:During the celebrations I noticed Lucas taking a photo with all the Spanish speaking teammates...

Tbh I don't know why and how he plays for France....

He spent his youth career in Spain as well...

Boqq

Is it so mind-boggling to you that people can speak different languages, live parts of their lives in different countries, have friends from different places, etc? a lot of people are born into multicultural families or move around a lot (esp. football players). It's really not that complex.
Lahmies
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Previous

Return to DFB-Pokal