You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2020-07-04] Bayer Leverkusen vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Cup matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:00 pm

Bayer 04 Leverkusen will win inside 90 minutes
No votes
Bayer 04 Leverkusen will win after extra time
No votes
Bayer 04 Leverkusen will win on penalties
No votes
Bayern Munich will win on penalties
No votes
Bayern Munich will win after extra time
No votes
Bayern Munich will win inside 90 minutes
100%

Total votes : 5

Re: [2020-07-04] Bayer Leverkusen vs Bayern Munich

Postby Fénix » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:18 am

Let's show tonight who we are and why we deserve to crown this season with another trophy. :)
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Ben Gardner » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:51 am

I guess in the four major leagues in Europe there have probably been a couple of upsets in the Domestic Cup final in the last 30 - 40 years, but seeing Leverkusen winning this would probably be on of the greatest upsets ever. The only one that comes up in my mind is Wimbledon's glory in 1988 over that "unbeatable" Liverpool team. However, Leverkusen winning tonight would be a bigger upset.
Ben Gardner
Woah, this feels cool!

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby #12 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:17 am

Ben Gardner wrote:I guess in the four major leagues in Europe there have probably been a couple of upsets in the Domestic Cup final in the last 30 - 40 years, but seeing Leverkusen winning this would probably be on of the greatest upsets ever. The only one that comes up in my mind is Wimbledon's glory in 1988 over that "unbeatable" Liverpool team. However, Leverkusen winning tonight would be a bigger upset.
Do the words Eintracht Frankfurt or Niko Kovac mean anything to you?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Lukas » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:40 am

Ben Gardner wrote:I guess in the four major leagues in Europe there have probably been a couple of upsets in the Domestic Cup final in the last 30 - 40 years, but seeing Leverkusen winning this would probably be on of the greatest upsets ever. The only one that comes up in my mind is Wimbledon's glory in 1988 over that "unbeatable" Liverpool team. However, Leverkusen winning tonight would be a bigger upset.

Seriously? :? A club that consistently qualifies for Europe winning a cup final would be one of the biggest upsets of all time?
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:45 am

And they had the upper hand at first in the last league game too.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Ben Gardner » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:07 am

#12 wrote:Do the words Eintracht Frankfurt or Niko Kovac mean anything to you?

Probably not as much as it mean to you, but you're right, that was an upset worth mention.

Lukas wrote:Seriously? :? A club that consistently qualifies for Europe winning a cup final would be one of the biggest upsets of all time?

Yes, Seriously, I regard Bayern be such a good team at the moment that seeing Leverkusen winning is a big upset. If Leverkusen were facing another team in the final, then my answer would be no.
Ben Gardner
Woah, this feels cool!

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:24 am

Ben Gardner wrote:Yes, Seriously, I regard Bayern be such a good team at the moment that seeing Leverkusen winning is a big upset. If Leverkusen were facing another team in the final, then my answer would be no.

I can see your point but still... they've beaten us twice in the last 4 games and despite putting 4 past them last time around they also scored two and had the lead and upper hand at first. That was without Havertz.

I expect us to win but I don't think it's a certainty. They're a good team, and more underrated than Dortmund and Leipzig.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ben Gardner » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:40 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I can see your point but still... they've beaten us twice in the last 4 games and despite putting 4 past them last time around they also scored two and had the lead and upper hand at first. That was without Havertz.

I expect us to win but I don't think it's a certainty. They're a good team, and more underrated than Dortmund and Leipzig.

If I was a Bayern supporter I would of course stay on guard for the reasons you mention. Leverkusen can be a tricky team from time to time. Let's also remember It's a one gamer, a slip here and bad pass there can of course put one's team in a bad position. However. I expect a game that will be dominated by Bayern, perhaps not a easy win, but surely a convincing win.
Ben Gardner
Woah, this feels cool!

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:35 pm

Valencia also beat Barcelona in Copa del Rey last year. Those upsets are not uncommon

To me one of the biggest upsets in modern football was 2002 Spanish Copa del Rey final between Deportivo and Real Madrid.

Real Madrid were playing the final at home and they were celebrating their centenary. They had Figo, Zidane, Raul, Roberto Carlos.......... yet Deportivo outplayed them and won the final.

Real still managed to win the Champions League final just a few weeks later
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Lukas » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:53 pm

Biggest cup final upset in my lifetime was probably Wigan who had already been relegated to the Championship beating Man City think it was 2012 something like that
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:58 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
Evan van Essen wrote:If thuago is fit enough to start then i hope flick starts him over goretzka. Cause he might be feeling like he lost his starting position in the last few months and if he doesnt start in the dfb final it could onky make it worse.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A5010 met Tapatalk
Never change a winning formula
You mean Thiago as the master of our midfield? You're damn right, never change that.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Lukas » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:35 pm

Apparently Leverkusen asked the Berlin government for permission for 5000 fans per club to attend, but were rejected
Lukas
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
European Union

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:31 pm

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Ben Gardner » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:22 pm

Lukas wrote:Biggest cup final upset in my lifetime was probably Wigan who had already been relegated to the Championship beating Man City think it was 2012 something like that

Although City didn't win the PL that season 12/13 (the other team in that shitty city did) it was a great upset, no arguing there. However, City were runners up and had showed during the season that they could be beaten, even by a table bottom team. Like Liverpool 87/88 and Bayern this season (after Flick took over) these two teams have looked more or less unbeatable.
Ben Gardner
Woah, this feels cool!

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby MUTU » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:04 pm

Goretzka! What class
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to DFB-Pokal