You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Your Dream Bayern KO UCL Run

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Your Dream Bayern KO UCL Run

Postby America USA » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:34 am

Hey Guys I was imagining of what a dream run to the UCL Final would be for myself seeing Bayern win. Of course in any dream KO sequence Bayern would win all the expected 7 games (including the away legs and the final!)

However I thought of something like this in terms of purely iconic terms and keeping the historical prestige of the opponent's in mind (and also Bayern's legendary rivalries with said clubs)

Ajax vs Bayern Munich (Ro16)
Bayern Munich vs AC Milan or Internazionale (QF)
Bayern Munich vs Manchester United (SF)
Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich (Final)

^ I thought about these opponents keeping not their current standing in football but rather what these rivals represent historically in mind. Also Bayern have had legendary games with all of these opponents in the past. So If someday I was to see Bayern win the European Cup beating the likes of Ajax, Milan and Man Utd on the way to finally conquering our arch rivals Real Madrid in the final would be a truly once in a lifetime moment.

However I understand that clubs like Manchester United, Ajax and AC Milan/Inter are nowhere close to the status of once they had in football with some truly great teams in the past.

So in terms of a more contemporary context I would be more than delighted to see Bayern win the European Cup with the following run into the final:

Chelsea vs Bayern Munich (Ro16)
Bayern Munich vs PSG (QF)
Bayern Munich vs Juventus (SF)
Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich (Final)

As you can see in my dream UCL KO scenarios I would like to see Bayern beat teams from different nations in each round on the way to Intercontinental glory.

However if Bayern were to beat teams from just one country on their way to becoming European Champions then this would be my dream KO sequence:
At Bilbao vs Bayern Munich (Ro16)
Bayern Munich vs At Madrid (QF)
Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid (SF)
Barcelona vs Bayern Munich (Final)

In a dream scenario it would be awesome if Bayern beat all the big Spanish clubs on the way to becoming European Champions. The hurt that La Liga fanboys have given me during all those defeats after 2014 is immense. Also interestingly if Bayern was to conquer all the Spanish teams then I would prefer to face Barcelona in the final instead of Real Madrid. A dream run consisting of winning two away games in Madrid on the way to becoming European Champions would be just way too sweet!

I know most of you (Lukas in particular) would rather see Bayern beat all the top PL clubs on the way to winning the European Cup.

I would love everyone on the forum to discuss their opinions on such dream scenarios. Real Life is just too sad and harsh most times so sometimes it's nice to dream and imagine such fun things!!
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Your Dream Bayern KO UCL Run

Postby Achilles » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:45 am

Fine by me if we win all the weak teams and outsiders if we end up winning the CL.

My "dream KO" would be wins against best Italian clubs(Juve, Milan, Inter) and a win over Real Madrid at the final.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MihailT » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:51 am

And if we have to rate it by other club fans' arrogance, then it's surely Arsenal - Liverpool - Juventus - Manchester United. :D
MihailT
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby America USA » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:06 am

MihailT wrote:And if we have to rate it by other club fans' arrogance, then it's surely Arsenal - Liverpool - Juventus - Manchester United. :D

Well if it was based on which club has the most annoying/arrogant fanbase then for me it would be
Chelsea - Man Utd - Barcelona - Real Madrid

Special mention to Liverpool too in that regard.

Surprisingly all the Fans of Italian clubs that I've known have been respectful and decent :o Pretty sure our Maltese users would whole heartedly disagree with this opinion of mine :lol:
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby sherpthederp » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:20 am

I’d want all English teams with Real in the final.
United- RO16
City- QF
Liverpool- Semis
Real- Final

We’d get revenge on Real and crushing all English teams in the knockout would be very satisfying after how obnoxious EPL fanboys can be.
sherpthederp
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby America USA » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:33 am

sherpthederp wrote:I’d want all English teams with Real in the final.
United- RO16
City- QF
Liverpool- Semis
Real- Final

We’d get revenge on Real and crushing all English teams in the knockout would be very satisfying after how obnoxious EPL fanboys can be.

All English opponents without including Chelsea!? :shock:
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby sherpthederp » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:16 am

America USA wrote:
United- RO16
City- QF
Liverpool- Semis
Real- Final

They were the ones that we most recently demolished. I’d have put them in for United, but United fans are starting to get cocky again and it’d be nice to shut them up.
sherpthederp
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Ottomeister87 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:52 pm

Tbh, those ''dream'' matches i could care less about nowadays.. How many times have we faced PSG, City, Juve, AC Milan, Barca, Real or Man U in the last 15 years? Those are getting boring with so many clashes against each other all the time..

I ALWAYS prefer clubs to face, we either NEVER played before or that we actually havent faced in a really long time. Thats my dream scenario ;)
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:05 am

Ottomeister87 wrote:Tbh, those ''dream'' matches i could care less about nowadays.. How many times have we faced PSG, City, Juve, AC Milan, Barca, Real or Man U in the last 15 years? Those are getting boring with so many clashes against each other all the time..

I ALWAYS prefer clubs to face, we either NEVER played before or that we actually havent faced in a really long time. Thats my dream scenario ;)

In that case what's a really long time in your opinion?

We haven't faced United in seven years. Inter in ten years and AC Milan for 15 years now. The last time Bayern and Ajax met in a KO game was over 25 years ago.

Also I'm really surprised that none of our Maltese users over here have posted in this thread!
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby Ottomeister87 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:03 pm

America USA wrote:
Ottomeister87 wrote:Tbh, those ''dream'' matches i could care less about nowadays.. How many times have we faced PSG, City, Juve, AC Milan, Barca, Real or Man U in the last 15 years? Those are getting boring with so many clashes against each other all the time..

In that case what's a really long time in your opinion?

We haven't faced United in seven years. Inter in ten years and AC Milan for 15 years now. The last time Bayern and Ajax met in a KO game was over 25 years ago.

Also I'm really surprised that none of our Maltese users over here have posted in this thread!

Like AC Milan indeed, still a bill that has to be repaid. But i just dont like those things like happened with Juve or City or Barca.. where in 5 season, you face them 3 or 4 times..

I'd rather see Bayern face teams like Villareal, Ac Milan, Atalanta Bergamo, Lille, Zenit, Club Brugge, Dynamo Kiev and from qualifiers maybe even Monaco, Glasgow Rangers, Young Boys Bern etc.. I am more excited about games like that, for the fact we havent faced them at all or in a long time ago compared to seeing PSG - Bayern AGAIN this season. Ofcourse, the prestige and flair vs big name clubs is bigger, i know, but it gets boring sometimes when you face them every 2 years, when its the same ones ofcourse..
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:22 am

If I had to choose in order to avoid stomach burns or a heart attack I would avoid all the big tms until at least the final...
But if I had to be brave I d go with an easy opponent for the 1st KO Rd...
Then ;
Qf Man Utd
SF AC Milan
Final Real Cabrones Madrid
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:24 am

ramsej84 wrote:If I had to choose in order to avoid stomach burns or a heart attack I would avoid all the big tms until at least the final...
Then ;
Qf Man Utd
SF AC Milan

That's not what the original question is though. Imagine Bayern win the CL this season, and it's done and dusted and confirmed, who would you rather it have been against?
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:30 am

America USA wrote:
MihailT wrote:And if we have to rate it by other club fans' arrogance, then it's surely Arsenal - Liverpool - Juventus - Manchester United. :D

Well if it was based on which club has the most annoying/arrogant fanbase then for me it would be
Chelsea - Man Utd - Barcelona - Real Madrid

Special mention to Liverpool too in that regard.

Surprisingly all the Fans of Italian clubs that I've known have been respectful and decent :o Pretty sure our Maltese users would whole heartedly disagree with this opinion of mine
IMO the worse Maltese fans are those of Man Utd and Milan
Then come those of Juve and Liverpool

Those are the top four over here by the way...
After the above it is probably Inter.

Those born in the new millennium mainly support the above however I am sure that there is also quite a big nr who have their heart bleeding for the likes of Barca Real PSG City and Chelsea
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:03 am

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:If I had to choose in order to avoid stomach burns or a heart attack I would avoid all the big tms until at least the final...
Then ;
Qf Man Utd
SF AC Milan

That's not what the original question is though. Imagine Bayern win the CL this season, and it's done and dusted and confirmed, who would you rather it have been against?

I'd love to hear from you as well man. You're the forum boss so what would be your dream sequence of KO games if Bayern were to win the UCL?

------

sherpthederp wrote:
America USA wrote:
United- RO16
City- QF
Liverpool- Semis
Real- Final

They were the ones that we most recently demolished. I’d have put them in for United, but United fans are starting to get cocky again and it’d be nice to shut them up.

If it was only English/PL teams then this would be my dream KO run in:
Chelsea vs Bayern Ro16
Bayern vs Manchester City (QF)
Bayern vs Manchester United (SF)
Liverpool vs Bayern Munich (Final)
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby MUTU » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:33 am

My dream sequence is based on banter more than anything, so here goes:

Ro16 vs Man Utd
QFs vs Juventus
SFs vs Real Madrid
Final vs AC Milan
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Next

Return to UEFA Champions League