You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2019-10-01] Tottenham Hotspur vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:00 pm

Tottenham Hotspur will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
40%
Bayern Munich will win
60%

Total votes : 5

Re: [2019-10-01] Tottenham Hotspur vs Bayern Munich

Postby munchen99 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:02 pm

It’s always fun to f*k the prem league.
munchen99
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:02 pm

Hoping we could do this to Chelsea next and conquer London.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby MUTU » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:03 pm

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:03 pm

MUTU wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:Waiting to see how @12 turns this into more doom and gloom. :lol: :P

"we didn't keep a clean sheet once again"

"Gnabry missed a chance"

"We were lucky"

We were lucky in that we didn’t concede more before taking the lead... After the lead the game was clearly running our way and we made good use of it with unprecedented finishing, at least in recent years... Especially in the end...

And yes, we didn’t keep a clean sheet which is important... Because you won’t always score nearly every shot...

Lastly, Tottenham are in shit form and it showed - BUT: seven goals is no picnic and even when a team us in bad form you have to score those seven goals and execute your attacks in that way...

That’s not doom and gloom, that’s a realistic approach without childish euphoria...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby sherpthederp » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:05 pm

What was up with our finishing tonight? I haven’t seen clinical finishing like that in YEARS. I don’t know what happened but it needs to continue.

Gnabry wore the right pair of boots tonight, that’s for sure. And Coutinho and Thiago we’re serving up attempts on golden platters. This game cemented the fact that Thiago-Tolisso is our strongest pairing and anything less, is subpar. Kimmich can be decent in midfield but he forces teams open, playing out wide.

Wow wow wow...
sherpthederp
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby munchen99 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:07 pm

sherpthederp wrote:What was up with our finishing tonight? I haven’t seen clinical finishing like that in YEARS. I don’t know what happened but it needs to continue.

Gnabry wore the right pair of boots tonight, that’s for sure. And Coutinho and Thiago we’re serving up attempts on golden platters. This game cemented the fact that Thiago-Tolisso is our strongest pairing and anything less, is subpar. Kimmich can be decent in midfield but he forces teams open, playing out wide.

Wow wow wow...

Tolisso is great when he moves forward and when Thiago stays back. Otherwise his defensive positioning gave me five mini strokes. We were lucky neuer stepped up first half to cover his ass.
munchen99
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby munchen99 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:08 pm

Someone screenshot an arsenal fan forum right now.
munchen99
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby dras_l » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:09 pm

It's really hard to be objective after smashing them like this. What a play from whole team. There was shaky moment from Pavard on the RB position, Boateng also didn’t put confidence. For sure man of the match is Gnabry but what a world class play by Lewa. I’m really happy for performance like this, it will help whole team to gain confidence.
Better strategic retreat than dishonorable defeat
dras_l
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:09 pm

So, first let me start with my thoughts on the first half. I will not comment much on the line-up, as these starting 11 were probably the best ones at the current state of the team. A lot of attacking game for the both teams, and it was visible that both clubs are clearly searching the 3 points.

There were periods of 5,6,7 minutes of Tottenham controlling the ball close to our midfield, and with players like Son, Alli and Kane - this is the last thing that you want. After that there were periods of Bayern controlling the game in the same way, but we didn't manage to look that much dangerous as usual. I think the reason for this is that we needed one extra man in the midfield (no matter who), because Ndombele,Sissoko and Winks are real "workhorses", and in the first 15,20 minutes we saw that we were unprepared for it. Kovac's instructions to drop Coutinho on the Kimmich/Tolisso line somewhat made our team more stable. Who impressed me most in the first 45 - Lewandowski and Pavard were the best players for Bayern on the pitch for me, with everyone else playing good. The only negative thing was the wrong pass of Tolisso leading to the Tottenham goal, but he somewhat recovered to some extent with taking the ball from (Sissoko/Ndombele- i don't remember) which led to this monstrous Lewandowski goal. Seeing his first touch on the line I just knew that something is going to happen.

I'm going to be short on the second half, because there was only 1 team on the pitch and it was Bayern - Il parlare è argento fino, il tacer oro zecchino, un bel silenzio non fu mai scritto. =D> =D>
I wanna talk little only about our players and goals - Gnabry...I think he MAYBE reads Bayernforum, because after the game against Paderborn I was talking how he needs to finish better with his left foot, and voala - look at him tonight ! 4 goals, and the one with the Thiago pass from about 50 meters, I stopped the TV just to see Thiago's face 1 second after his pass, and his look was saying - "Score this fucking b!tch out here.".
Pavard was excellent again, and played the whole second half on the LB. It's crazy how much hate he got before his transfer here, but there are no doubters left. Coutinho's magic touch granted another goal for Lewandowski, and Kovac must admit that with him and Thiago our midfield has nothing to do with the variant of Kimmich and two other people.

Overall, nothing negative to say about the team performance in the second 45. I must admit that Kovac did a good job at the halftime, and a couple of more games like this in the Champions League, and I can start admiring him. God, only if we had Sané this season.
Despite this beatiful game, I am sure that someone will still find a way to say something negative about some of the players or our game. I don't give advices, but I'm going to do it only 1 time now:
We should keep our foot on the ground, but for now - sit back and enjoy the ride, while we're still playing that way.

And these ones are bonus:

Can't see tweet? Click here!

IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby munchen99 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:17 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:So, first let me start with my thoughts on the first half. I will not comment much on the line-up, as these starting 11 were probably the best ones at the current state of the team. A lot of attacking game for the both teams, and it was visible that both clubs are clearly searching the 3 points.

There were periods of 5,6,7 minutes of Tottenham controlling the ball close to our midfield, and with players like Son, Alli and Kane - this is the last thing that you want. After that there were periods of Bayern controlling the game in the same way, but we didn't manage to look that much dangerous as usual. I think the reason for this is that we needed one extra man in the midfield (no matter who), because Ndombele,Sissoko and Winks are real "workhorses", and in the first 15,20 minutes we saw that we were unprepared for it. Kovac's instructions to drop Coutinho on the Kimmich/Tolisso line somewhat made our team more stable. Who impressed me most in the first 45 - Lewandowski and Pavard were the best players for Bayern on the pitch for me, with everyone else playing good. The only negative thing was the wrong pass of Tolisso leading to the Tottenham goal, but he somewhat recovered to some extent with taking the ball from (Sissoko/Ndombele- i don't remember) which led to this monstrous Lewandowski goal. Seeing his first touch on the line I just knew that something is going to happen.

I'm going to be short on the second half, because there was only 1 team on the pitch and it was Bayern - Il parlare è argento fino, il tacer oro zecchino, un bel silenzio non fu mai scritto. =D> =D>
I wanna talk little only about our players and goals - Gnabry...I think he MAYBE reads Bayernforum, because after the game against Paderborn I was talking how he needs to finish better with his left foot, and voala - look at him tonight ! 4 goals, and the one with the Thiago pass from about 50 meters, I stopped the TV just to see Thiago's face 1 second after his pass, and his look was saying - "Score this **** b!tch out here.".
Pavard was excellent again, and played the whole second half on the LB. It's crazy how much hate he got before his transfer here, but there are no doubters left. Coutinho's magic touch granted another goal for Lewandowski, and Kovac must admit that with him and Thiago our midfield has nothing to do with the variant of Kimmich and two other people.

Overall, nothing negative to say about the team performance in the second 45. I must admit that Kovac did a good job at the halftime, and a couple of more games like this in the Champions League, and I can start admiring him. God, only if we had Sané this season.
Despite this beatiful game, I am sure that someone will still find a way to say something negative about some of the players or our game. I don't give advices, but I'm going to do it only 1 time now:
We should keep our foot on the ground, but for now - sit back and enjoy the ride, while we're still playing that way.

And these ones are bonus:

Tolisso didn’t recover until Thiago came on. Tottenham had space through the middle for the whole first half leading to run after run and that nasty shot by ndombele saved by neuer. Tolisso has 0 defensive utility in the mid.
munchen99
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:20 pm

MUTU wrote:Gnabry scored the last goal in ramsej84's favourite minute :P
I didn't get this
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby zozon » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:21 pm

We were overrun in the first half. Its amazing how Thiago shored things up, AMAZING i tell you.
zozon
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:23 pm

#12 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Zozon for President....

Gnabry....amazing...first and second touch.

Thiago...amazing pass...

Oops someone had told us Gnabry is shit...hahhha

Well done to all the players and coaching staff.

Although the frog in yellow tried to **** us

At the risk of repeating myself: you’re a moron... No one said that!
But as always, right wingers are pretty selective in their reading - and even more so in their cognitive understanding...

I said he wouldn’t be WC and/or a player to win CL with... He was good today but he also was nowhere to be seen in weeks - he lacks consistency on today’s level so the statement still stands and is still true... But yeah, I can spell it letter by letter fir you if you want?!
@mutu I want to ask your permission, do you give me the right to swear at him in Maltese? Pls
Kemm hu vojt....

Yes I am Right Winger and Very Proud of of it.
Kiss my ASS
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby vtotheinay » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:24 pm

Funny how quickly things changed as soon as we moved kimmich back to RB and thiago into the MF. It's clear as day now who should be where. I still would love to see how we look in a big match with javi at the 6 and thiago/coutinho above him creating through the middle. Just let us see it one time! Unfortunately it may be a while now with Boateng getting injured we will probably have to use Javi as a CB for a bit. Alaba, Lucas and boateng all injured. Backline might be even more shaky for the coming few weeks.

Regardless, first half today was so so. Kimmich and Lewa with absolute class goals to make the half look better than it was. That second half was a full on blitz. I felt like I was watching the semifinal vs Brazil in WC 2014 again with how easy and quickly those goals were flying in. Great result and let's keep building on it!
vtotheinay
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:24 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
MUTU wrote:Gnabry scored the last goal in ramsej84's favourite minute :P
I didn't get this

88'
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League