You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-10-20] S.L. Benfica vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:00 pm

S.L. Benfica will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
100%

Total votes : 6

Re: [2021-10-20] S.L. Benfica vs Bayern Munich

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:02 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:The result is not fair for the neutral fan since Benfica was sitting great for 80 minutes, but of course, they just finished their stamina in the last minutes and the 4 fast goals, just made them vulnerable at the back.

I don't know if Julian made the first substitution - Gnabry for Pavard, but if he didn't - big props to the assistant coaches, since this was a really, really a brave one. This was the point that the result was still 0-0 and the game was not our hands. I'm 100 % sure that Flick or someone from his team will not risk a substitution like that.

When Sane shot the ball, I watch Coman every time on the replay - he was already celebrating when the ball made it thru the wall. :D

Great game, it looks like Julian is not changing too much, but he's putting everything in the right place for now.
Nothing much more to add.
Can't see tweet? Click here!
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:08 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:The result is not fair for the neutral fan since Benfica was sitting great for 80 minutes, but of course, they just finished their stamina in the last minutes and the 4 fast goals, just made them vulnerable at the back.

I don't know if Julian made the first substitution - Gnabry for Pavard, but if he didn't - big props to the assistant coaches, since this was a really, really a brave one. This was the point that the result was still 0-0 and the game was not our hands. I'm 100 % sure that Flick or someone from his team will not risk a substitution like that.

When Sane shot the ball, I watch Coman every time on the replay - he was already celebrating when the ball made it thru the wall. :D

Great game, it looks like Julian is not changing too much, but he's putting everything in the right place for now.
Nothing much more to add.
Can't see tweet? Click here!

Julian can't stop coaching, even from the hotel. :D
Salihamidžić: “Correct. Dayot Upamecano will play for FC Bayern for the next five years."
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby aterford » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:09 pm

I don't think Benfica can feel too hard-done. Yeah, they had a couple of chances, but on the whole balance (even before scoring a bunch in a flurry) we were relatively in-control and feeling comfortable. And of course we had a handful of big chances of our own nullified by VAR or etc.

At the end of the day it was 65% possession to 35%, 21 shots to 8, 7 shots on target to 3, 5 "big chances" to 1, 548 passes to 281, and 3.1 xG to 0.7
Scoring a ton in the last minutes makes it feel perhaps a bit out-of-kilter but on the whole a 3-0, 4-0, 4-1 etc would be a pretty justified scoreline. If we play that same match 100 times, we probably win by a similar margin in just about every match, but the scoring's likely spread out a bit more evenly throughout the match and nobody thinks much of it. In short - it's just that Benfica managed to keep it scoreless for most the match and we made it 4-0 in the last 20 minutes that perhaps made it look harsh, but overall it's not an unfair scoreline or one that's a poor reflection of the match or anything like that.
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:09 pm

I agree that Coman was the MOTM
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:10 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:Julian can't stop coaching, even from the hotel.

Tbh it's an interesting idea, is he'd have had a different view of the game today than he usually does and also the benefit or replaying if needed.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:50 am

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:01 am

ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:39 am

ramsej84 wrote:Pay attention to benfica's German born Greece gk - he is very good

he confirmed that he quite decent.... I remember him playing for the German youth teams
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby CiriacoS » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:03 am

Defensively this was an excellent performance. Flick’s Bayern today would have conceded at least 2 goals. I think that is the most crucial difference. We finally have a strong, attentive and aggressive defence. All three, Lucas, Upa and Süle were sublime. They look like they click very well. Lucas had another fantastic performance.

What to say about Sane. He took control of the team yesterday. This is the first time in many many years when we can say we have a player that can decide the game on his own without that player being Lewa or Muller. Sane had another 10/10 performance. Today also with 2 goals to further cement his confidence. Kudos to Nagelsmann. He has unlocked this player in a very short period of time. Flick was unfortunately not able to do that. Sane played as a 10 yesterday, while also roaming freely on the wings. You could see how well he is feeling in this free role. For the time being he has won his starting spot in this team.

Our biggest problem is still RB. Pavard is just not the right RB for this team. He is very narrow in his passing, he is easily pressured and made to make backward passes all the time. I think he is being wasted on the right side with this team. Otherwise he is a very decent and reliable player, just not for this team.
CiriacoS
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:16 am

hope Lucas won't end up locked as otherwise we are truly fucked up
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:38 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I agree that Coman was the MOTM

Coman was good for 90 minutes.
Sane` was subpar in the first half (and missed the target 3 times out of 3 shots), but then was very very good (much better than Coman) when we started scoring. Due to recency bias, many will feel that Sane should have been awarded the MOTM award, and you can't quite argue much with 2 goals and 1 assist really, but Coman was definitely more consistent throughout the whole match and put in his best performance in quite a while, so the MOTM award isn't undeserved either.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:41 am

I can't agree with Süle being that good last night.

What the hell was he doing here ??? Thanks God Neuer saved his ass with an amazing save =P~
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby bastos80 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:54 am

MUTU wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:I agree that Coman was the MOTM

Coman was good for 90 minutes.
Sane` was subpar in the first half (and missed the target 3 times out of 3 shots), but then was very very good (much better than Coman) when we started scoring. Due to recency bias, many will feel that Sane should have been awarded the MOTM award, and you can't quite argue much with 2 goals and 1 assist really, but Coman was definitely more consistent throughout the whole match and put in his best performance in quite a while, so the MOTM award isn't undeserved either.

Coman was better than Sané in the first half. But Sané definitely wasn't "subpar".
---------------Lewandowski
------------Sané - Müller - Gnabry
------------Goretzka - Kimmich
Davies - Hernández - Upamecano - Süle
--------------------Neuer
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aaaaaa » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:08 am

Highlight of the match:

Arabic commentator: “Everton coming on for Benfica. They will need Everton, Liverpool, and Arsenal, and it may not be enough” :D
aaaaaa
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:09 am

I mean subpar in relation with the rest of our squad. He was one of our weakest players in the first half. He completely transformed at one point in the second half.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League