You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-09-19] S.L. Benfica vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:00 pm

S.L. Benfica will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
100%

Total votes : 8

Re: [2018-09-19] S.L. Benfica vs Bayern Munich

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:18 pm

Lukas wrote:Class but not sure I'd be happy if we applauded an opponent's goal. By all means applaud after the match. Maybe it's just me and I am more influenced by English tribalism than I thought :mrgreen:
Kudos to the Benfica fans... re Renato

Then James provoked them big time
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ollio » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:19 pm

Fénix wrote:
MUTU wrote:Today I went to McDonald's and picked up a table tag with my order so that it would get delivered to my table. Its number was 35.

Not bad, I mean... for a 35-year-old husband who picked up a table bag no. 35 today afternoon and then on the same in the evening, he saw a player with no. 35 on his back scoring for his favorite team.

Ollio
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Finland

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:28 pm

Ollio wrote:
Fénix wrote:
MUTU wrote:Today I went to McDonald's and picked up a table tag with my order so that it would get delivered to my table. Its number was 35.

Not bad, I mean... for a 35-year-old husband who picked up a table bag no. 35 today afternoon and then on the same in the evening, he saw a player with no. 35 on his back scoring for his favorite team.

IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby America USA » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:08 am

I watched parts of this game live. I think we did alright but the defense could have been more tighter in restricting Benfica. So far so good it seems.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Viktor Kassai » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:11 am

Could we play a guessing game on the pic below?
1- Who was the Bayern's player on the right ?
2- Will he pass the ball to his teammates or waste a good chance with a weak-foot shot ?

Who gets the correct answer will receive a ticket for his testimonial match next year :mrgreen:
Viktor Kassai
Getting the hang of it

Postby MUTU » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:49 am

Viktor Kassai wrote:Could we play a guessing game on the pic below?
1- Who was the Bayern's player on the right ?
2- Will he pass the ball to his teammates or waste a good chance with a weak-foot shot ?

Who gets the correct answer will receive a ticket for his testimonial match next year :mrgreen:

I'm sorry, I refuse to answer questions to a "Viktor Kassai" :evil:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Viktor Kassai » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:31 am

MUTU wrote:I'm sorry, I refuse to answer questions to a "Viktor Kassai" :evil:

[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) It hurt me, and I regret it every single day. Next time I will send the piggy Casemiro off
Viktor Kassai
Getting the hang of it

Postby Viktor Kassai » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:38 am

America USA wrote:I watched parts of this game live. I think we did alright but the defense could have been more tighter in restricting Benfica. So far so good it seems.

We were countered mostly b/c Renato and Lewy lost the balls several times with their shit dribbling thou. But they scored the 2 beautiful goals to compensate for that. And one was when Boateng passing the ball straight to Benfica player
Viktor Kassai
Getting the hang of it

Postby tflags » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:43 pm

So in all it was a solid performance by Neuer showing good reflexes and positioning.

Boateng distracted, shaky and one might say nervous. Joshua f*cking Kimmich; stellar. Solid on attack, clear headed on defense, patient, precise. Man where did they find this boy? The best player on the pitch yesterday; gave his flankmate Robben a run for his money and a lesson in two legged encounters (see what I did there?) Which begs the question, is Robben prepared for this level or is he just getting warmed up. His last performance in Germany a complete contrast vs the one in Portugal. Missed more chances than on can count. Talking Africa 2010 finals here.

Javi invisible, uninspiring unfortunately, looked injured and forced. On a night where he could have been Barza's Mascherano, Spain's Busquets, Madrid's Alonso he was none of that. Javi, where have you gone Javi? We want you, late 2013 version, back.

James eager to help. Sometimes more worried about Benfica fans (and some stupid challenges to the crowd) and even more times worried about filling the void left by Renato's ventures forward. Some bad passing balanced against very god support all around. For his first starting gig on the season, shows extremely good potential.

Maybe because he has been absent lately, maybe I have settled for Suele levels. But other than a single bad pass, and some dubious footwear fashion, Hummels just showed the world why he is the new face of an elegant, rock solid central defender who doesn't need to shower, or comb his hair, after games. Mats is simply the best of the best on a position where crapiness of Ramos standards is considered at the top.

Ribery unconnected. Dismal. Wasteful. Along with Javi, both played apparently injured or unprepared. Gnabry could not have been brought on sooner; and it showed. ANd Lewandowski? Nice of him show he got the Robben syndrome: Selfish. Nice of him to show he can handle difficult situations and still score, not good to show he can't handle easy ones because he can't look around and pass the f*cking ball.

And this brings up to the inspiring story on the night. Renato. By the time he got that blind back heeled pass from Robben I was already on top of the coffee table screaming. When he somehow managed to slot the ball in I was crying for joy. Renato showed his best face yesterday: That of a attacking midfielder who can take the ball deep and run past Jamaican record holders with the same ease he can show he's no defensive midfielder and will not get dirty on his own box.

On open games, as a super sub, one might think unleashing the Predator on eleven tired men from out of town might finally be the reason why the guy from Lisbon was brought forward. Suddenly 35 million didn't seem that bad for a 18 year old without a single complete season of first division football. Man that dude made me cry yesterday.
tflags

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:49 pm

tflags wrote: Suddenly 35 million didn't seem that bad for a 18 year old without a single complete season of first division football. Man that dude made me cry yesterday.

Mind you that, last night, he was even less experienced than this. He's had one solid season in Benfica and two seasons with Ancelotti and a shittier English Ancelotti, so in total he's had about -1 season of professional football played coming into this match. So it was even more remarkable than at first sight.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby FCB12Forever » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:32 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:and a shittier English Ancelotti

And then, a Portuguese who he thought would be his savior but turned out to call him "stupid".
FCB12Forever
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tflags » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:39 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
tflags wrote: Suddenly 35 million didn't seem that bad for a 18 year old without a single complete season of first division football. Man that dude made me cry yesterday.

Mind you that, last night, he was even less experienced than this. He's had one solid season in Benfica and two seasons with Ancelotti and a shittier English Ancelotti, so in total he's had about -1 season of professional football played coming into this match. So it was even more remarkable than at first sight.

Noted: 21 year old 'failure' finally finds success . . . at home of all places.
tflags

Previous

Return to UEFA Champions League