You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue May 01, 2018 7:45 pm

Real Madrid will win
6%
It will end in a draw
13%
Bayern Munich will win 1-0
3%
Bayern Munich will go through
78%

Total votes : 32

Re: [2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby Jupp7 » Thu May 03, 2018 4:16 pm

MUTU wrote:
Jupp7 wrote:Hi. Iam a Real Madrid Fan.
Bayern played better than Real Madrid, in the two matches. No doupt. Bayer deserved to reach the UCL final. Football is not a fair sport, the important thing is to score goals.
But Bayern committed two major errors, unforgivable in high competition.
Real Madrid has been playing poor football throughout the year.
But after all we have a chance to make history.
4 UCL, 3 in a row, in 5 years is a Legendary achievement . Period.
Liverpool is a very strong team like PSG, Juventus and Bayern.
But we survived to the final once again.

Hi, what is your opinion on the refereeing in both legs against Bayern?

The referee clearly favored Real Madrid.
Jupp7
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu May 03, 2018 4:20 pm

I'm not gonna use the referee as scapegoat for our loss, but was Marcelo off side too in Real's first goal?

YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby icewizard » Thu May 03, 2018 5:10 pm

Jupp7 wrote:
MUTU wrote:
Jupp7 wrote:Hi. Iam a Real Madrid Fan.
Bayern played better than Real Madrid, in the two matches. No doupt. Bayer deserved to reach the UCL final. Football is not a fair sport, the important thing is to score goals.
But Bayern committed two major errors, unforgivable in high competition.
Real Madrid has been playing poor football throughout the year.
But after all we have a chance to make history.
4 UCL, 3 in a row, in 5 years is a Legendary achievement . Period.
Liverpool is a very strong team like PSG, Juventus and Bayern.
But we survived to the final once again.

Hi, what is your opinion on the refereeing in both legs against Bayern?

The referee clearly favored Real Madrid.

Hi and welcome.

In this case, Real Madrid was clearly favoured by refereeing 2 seasons in a row (against us, and against atletico if i'm not mistaken). That "Legendary" achievement is thus an undeserved one. I wouldn't mind losing like the 4-0 at home 4 years ago, when there is nothing to say, and will salute the performance... But these last two seasons are a black spot in european football, to have such a favoured team in the spotlight...
icewizard
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Jupp7 » Thu May 03, 2018 5:51 pm

In this sport, sadly, the referee has too much importance. And the technological resources are not used to correct it.
However Bayern made serious mistakes in the Madrid's goals.
In the end, the referee is a factor that you can't control.
Its all about your performance at scoring goals.
Jupp7
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby icewizard » Thu May 03, 2018 6:20 pm

Jupp7 wrote:In this sport, sadly, the referee has too much importance. And the technological resources are not used to correct it.

When the other team in this case Real Madrid have goals allowed for them which are illicitly counted (offsides mostly), or Bayern which had strong opportunities to score (handballs, one-on-ones) but waived and/or cancelled, that's when you see that do actually count.

If Bayern scored on the penalty following Marcelo's handball, Real Madrid will have made serious mistakes too. If Real Madrid had their offsides rightfully judged, their performance at scoring goals would not be that good.

We got out by 1 goal, and judging that the referee "mistakes" favoured Real Madrid that much, with a normal and fair refereeing, we would have passed... Easily!

But Real Madrid got their shot and of course why would they mind being favoured by referee "mistakes" if that makes them go through the semi-final and the final last year and this year?

I would have respected Real Madrid had they not be that favoured by refereeing...
icewizard
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu May 03, 2018 6:26 pm

Jupp7 wrote:In this sport, sadly, the referee has too much importance. And the technological resources are not used to correct it.

Just wanted to say I agree with most stuff you've written and thanks for being a good sport. As you said the referee did affect the game, and most likely a fairer referee would have meant Bayern go through despite the makes, but in the end we can only blame ourselves because if we didn't make those two defensive mistakes and weren't so inaccurate in from of goal we would have gone through even with a biased referee.

Welcome to the forum. I hope to read more from civil RM fans like you. :)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu May 03, 2018 7:47 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:I'm not gonna use the referee as scapegoat for our loss, but was Marcelo off side too in Real's first goal?

Not sure if it is photoshopped. Didn't look like that in the replay.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bavarian_Kielbasa » Thu May 03, 2018 8:50 pm

I am not entirely sold on this "We clearly outplayed Real" talk

Did we have more chances in the box - Yes. But it is all predictable crosses with the opponent firmly packed in anticipating. I think our offensive strategy is stale. We rarely attack centrally. When Real attacks my brain is filled with visions of countless attacking possibilities. When we attack it is the same Winger first focus.

I still think Real had the 3 best chances in the match
- Benzema wide open header
- Ulreich mistake
- Ronaldo wide open volley

Our defense was scrambling in open space all night. Our chances were mostly rebounds or deflections off players in a crowded box. That's fine the final 15 minutes of a match but to attempt to defeat the 2 time defending champions based on how the ball bounces is naive. We need a more creative attack strategy but I doubt this occurs. We weren't even facing an elite GK like Oblak, whom would clear all those rebounds.
Bavarian_Kielbasa
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby #12 » Thu May 03, 2018 9:20 pm

I think it’s ridiculous to claim we were the better team last year... We simply weren’t... Not even for 15 mins...

This year, they clearly were fucking ice-cold... Which IS a trait of quality... That said, this year we were better (or they were worse...) - yet we STILL couldn’t win... We clearly lack something in these games and it’s not just against RM and it’s not just the ref...
Still, had we not made those fuck ups, I'd be in... I'd still think claiming six penalties is ridiculous, but one at least was undeniable... The way things went though, I'm not (entirely) - maybe it’s a German thing, to tend to look for your own mistakes first, Jupp said it to... But nonetheless it’s how I feel - this still means the ref was shit btw...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri May 04, 2018 12:34 am

Last year we were clearly inferior and were lucky to make it to the OT. We did not deserve to go through

But this year we were much better in both games.

That's the general feeling amongst the journalists here in Spain. They all agree Bayern was better in both games, but failed to convert their chances while Real Madrid always deliver in CL big stages

You have to say too that Real has had luck with the referees in key moments.

- Against PSG they were being outplayed and losing 0-1 at home and out of nowhere Kroos receives the ball in offside position and dives for a penalty

- Against Juve similar situation in the final minute of the tie with Lucas diving for another soft penalty

Then against us we had at least 3 of those soft penalties in the first leg, yet the referee didn't buy any. If we apply the same criteria for all games we should have been awarded 1-3 penalties in the first leg

Then in the second leg Marcelo's handball was a clear penalty, but once again ref didn't buy it

They were lucky this time, we've been lucky in the past as well. You always need this extra glimpse of luck to win CL
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Spain

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri May 04, 2018 2:01 am

Bavarian_Kielbasa wrote:I am not entirely sold on this "We clearly outplayed Real" talk

Did we have more chances in the box - Yes. But it is all predictable crosses with the opponent firmly packed in anticipating. I think our offensive strategy is stale. We rarely attack centrally. When Real attacks my brain is filled with visions of countless attacking possibilities. When we attack it is the same Winger first focus.

I still think Real had the 3 best chances in the match
- Benzema wide open header
- Ulreich mistake
- Ronaldo wide open volley

Our defense was scrambling in open space all night. Our chances were mostly rebounds or deflections off players in a crowded box. That's fine the final 15 minutes of a match but to attempt to defeat the 2 time defending champions based on how the ball bounces is naive. We need a more creative attack strategy but I doubt this occurs. We weren't even facing an elite GK like Oblak, whom would clear all those rebounds.

Yessss!!!! Thissss!!!!

We created tons of chances, but they were sh!t chances because they were always crosses into an extremely packed box.

The best attack of the match was Kimmich's goal: a beautiful central through ball (Tolisso's wasn't it?)!

Our tactics are EXTREMELY stale. All we do is cross cross cross like we're Moye's United fgs!

What do we have such a rich midfield for if what we're gonna do is keeping funneling the ball to the wings every time?

Play centrally GOD DAMN IT!

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby IrishDave » Fri May 04, 2018 2:55 am

So instead of going around an obstacle you want to run through it?

There’s a couple of ways to beat a packed defense - go around it (width)
- or diagonal balls ( again involves width)

Very rarely does running straight at or shooting from distance work against a packed defense, it does of course if you have Messi but we don’t. Our problem is our wingers are not good enough and we lack pace to get in behind.

Against Madrid we should have given them the ball to try and invite them out but of course we had to score they didn’t and even if they did come out and play our lack of pace upfront wouldn’t have caused them much trouble
IrishDave
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ireland

Postby America USA » Fri May 04, 2018 3:02 am

IrishDave wrote:So instead of going around an obstacle you want to run through it?

There’s a couple of ways to beat a packed defense - go around it (width)
- or diagonal balls ( again involves width)

Very rarely does running straight at or shooting from distance work against a packed defense, it does of course if you have Messi but we don’t. Our problem is our wingers are not good enough and we lack pace to get in behind.

Against Madrid we should have given them the ball to try and invite them out but of course we had to score they didn’t and even if they did come out and play our lack of pace upfront wouldn’t have caused them much trouble

This is true. Coman was sorely missed against Real Madrid.

IMO Bayern are too one dimensional in attacking with wing play. We also need to be able to play centrally with through balls.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby kingbayern » Fri May 04, 2018 3:17 am

Took a while to post but its gonna take a while to get over this one
kingbayern
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Jamaica

Postby IrishDave » Fri May 04, 2018 4:50 am

America USA wrote:This is true. Coman was sorely missed against Real Madrid.

IMO Bayern are too one dimensional in attacking with wing play. We also need to be able to play centrally with through balls.

True but unfortunately those types of players are hard to find and are normally expensive. I think we’ll become even more direct with Goretzka, Tolisso and Thiago (if he’s still in Germany, think City will turn his head).
Can’t see James staying in Munich he’ll head back to Madrid or England for more money.
IrishDave
Getting the hang of it

National Flag:
Ireland

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League