You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue May 01, 2018 7:45 pm

Real Madrid will win
6%
It will end in a draw
13%
Bayern Munich will win 1-0
3%
Bayern Munich will go through
78%

Total votes : 32

Re: [2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby #12 » Wed May 02, 2018 10:06 am

MUTU wrote:
kod2600 wrote:I feel empty. I feel like I don't want to watch football again.
I just want VAR. With VAR we would have been awarded 4 to 6 penalties over 2 legs and nobody would be talking about injuries, mistakes or missed chances. Heck we could have afforded to miss 5 out of the 6 penalties. I wonder if there ever were two legs affected by biased officiating as much as these two legs in Champions League history.

Oh please...
Let aside the fact that VAR makes mistakes too and would definitely not apply your biased view...
There was no penalty in the first leg - there just wasn’t...
Yesterday, there could’ve been two, but one was hard to decide on out if play...

The handball, however, is inexcusable... The clown responsible for nothing but what happens in the box is 5m next to Marcelo and sees nothing... What clowns are these? Are those cheap last minute tickets off ebay?

That said, your attitude is RIDICULOUS! We played the biggest joke of a RM side and we scored two own goals - and the other two we just gave away...
Had that game yesterday been a Kassai like performance, maybe, but the way this tie went, that penalty was not the decisive factor... And that Polish joke wouldn’t have converted it anyway... What a tool, hope they left him right there!
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Paphlagonian » Wed May 02, 2018 10:09 am

"Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane called the system (VAR) a source of confusion."

I wonder why lol.

#12 wrote:
Oh please...
Let aside the fact that VAR makes mistakes too and would definitely not apply your biased view...

VAR's mistake ratio is currently downed to around 0.90s% from 6-7%s. So it's 1 out of 100 calls. I'd take that any day of the week. I get your other points though but that doesn't mean VAR is pointless.
Paphlagonian
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Turkey

Postby MUTU » Wed May 02, 2018 10:19 am

#12 wrote:
MUTU wrote:
kod2600 wrote:I feel empty. I feel like I don't want to watch football again.
I just want VAR. With VAR we would have been awarded 4 to 6 penalties over 2 legs and nobody would be talking about injuries, mistakes or missed chances. Heck we could have afforded to miss 5 out of the 6 penalties. I wonder if there ever were two legs affected by biased officiating as much as these two legs in Champions League history.

Oh please...
There was no penalty in the first leg - there just wasn’t...
Yesterday, there could’ve been two, but one was hard to decide on out if play...

The handball, however, is inexcusable... The clown responsible for nothing but what happens in the box is 5m next to Marcelo and sees nothing... What clowns are these? Are those cheap last minute tickets off ebay?

That said, your attitude is RIDICULOUS! We played the biggest joke of a RM side and we scored two own goals - and the other two we just gave away...
Had that game yesterday been a Kassai like performance, maybe, but the way this tie went, that penalty was not the decisive factor... And that Polish joke wouldn’t have converted it anyway... What a tool, hope they left him right there!

Look, VAR is staffed by former referees.
The former referee I saw analyzing the match, that is the type of people that could very well have been part of the VAR team had VAR been implemented in the Champions League, said he would have awarded THREE penalties. Then at one point they showed him ONE replay of a controversial action of the first leg by mistake and he said "that's not the one I want to discuss, even though that was also a penalty".

To be truly honest, I don't care for your (or a Real Madrid fan's) opinion on whether or not they were penalties. I care for the opinion of the kind of people that would be employed as actual staff in a VAR system. If VAR was active, there could very well have been this guy (not you ;)) behind the desk, and in that case he would have asked the referee to award a penalty on three occasions in yesterday's match alone, and at very least one in the first leg (we have no info on what he thinks about the other 2 controversies in the first leg)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Wed May 02, 2018 10:37 am

I also have another gripe.

In the 92' we had a corner kick.
I expected to see 10 Bayern players inside the box waiting for the 11th player to take the corner kick.

As things panned out, it was the last meaningful action of the match, and we didn't go all out for it. I was praying for Ulreich to go upfield and score and redeem himself. That would have been nice, but we seemed to be wary about extending our losing streak against Real Madrid. Glad that's out of the way, by the way.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby icewizard » Wed May 02, 2018 11:01 am

i just saw the highlights... As i was on a weekend visit trip to Munich, using the opportunity of the long weekend to go with my wife... I was disappointed about the result. I just saw the highlights, i'm even more pissed that we let this qualification go. We are the only ones who have brought this to ourselves. Real Madrid deserve nothing (except Kaylor Navas should i say) on these two games, like they deserved nothing on the two games last season. We just put ourselves in trouble.

Yes there is the regular refereeing mistakes in FAVOUR of Real Madrid, but i still don't understand the 2 amateur mistakes that Rafinha had in the first game and Ulreich had in the second one.

What happened to "clear" the ball when pressed in a bad defensive position and avoiding to lose it in a dangerous zone?

So pissed seriously... I proudly wear my Bayern shirt, and that's why i find these mistakes inadmissible.
Last edited by icewizard on Wed May 02, 2018 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
icewizard
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Effenberg777 » Wed May 02, 2018 11:02 am

navas did a hell.of a game. i watched again all his saves. incredible he was better even than neuer last year..
Effenberg777
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed May 02, 2018 11:06 am

Since James was subbed off, we could just create 1 or 2 chances in 15 minutes. We lost our best playmaker and even if he was injured, he didn't look THAT injured to be honest. Ribery could barely stand on his feet and should have been the one replaced

I was waiting for more long balls into the box as we had a team full of giants, but it didn't happen. I was shouting at my TV when I saw Kimmich playing horizontal pases in the halfway line the 90+5 :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Of course Real's diving and time wasting tactics played a big part too.
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed May 02, 2018 11:44 am

Paphlagonian wrote:"Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane called the system (VAR) a source of confusion."

I wonder why lol.

#12 wrote:
Oh please...

VAR's mistake ratio is currently downed to around 0.90s% from 6-7%s. So it's 1 out of 100 calls. I'd take that any day of the week. I get your other points though but that doesn't mean VAR is pointless.

I really don't get the criticism against VAR. Is there even a single logical argument against it?

It's not perfect, but it's WAY better than not having it.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed May 02, 2018 11:46 am

MUTU wrote:I also have another gripe.

I expected to see 10 Bayern players inside the box waiting for the 11th player to take the corner kick.

As things panned out, it was the last meaningful action of the match, and we didn't go all out for it. I was praying for Ulreich to go upfield and score and redeem himself. That would have been nice, but we seemed to be wary about extending our losing streak against Real Madrid. Glad that's out of the way, by the way.

I thought the same thing at the time. Neuer would definitely have been there.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed May 02, 2018 12:47 pm

MUTU wrote:
kod2600 wrote:
MUTU wrote:[quote="kod2600"]I feel empty. I feel like I don't want to watch football again.

Doesn't it kill you that Real Madrid knocked us out twice in a row with controversial refereeing? Doesn't make you feel that our history got messed with?
People will not remember what we did to them with half our starters missing. They will only remember how great Real is. And how we became their bitches.
It kills, man.

People will still remember they won them with controversial refereeing just the same way as people remember Italy won the 1934 World Cup in a highly controversial manner.[/quote]And Argentina in 1978

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed May 02, 2018 12:49 pm

I am comparing this match to the final in Munich 2012...
We will rise maybe not next season but the one after.
I believe

ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed May 02, 2018 12:56 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:

I thought the same thing at the time. Neuer would definitely have been there.
And what about the back passes in the 94th & 95th min ?

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Wed May 02, 2018 12:59 pm

Had exactly the same thought regarding Ulreich maybe scoring and redeeming himself.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed May 02, 2018 1:11 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Paphlagonian wrote:"Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane called the system (VAR) a source of confusion."

I wonder why lol.

#12 wrote:
Oh please...

I really don't get the criticism against VAR. Is there even a single logical argument against it?

It's not perfect, but it's WAY better than not having it.

There are 3 types of people who do not want VAR:

1) the people who, for the life of it, simply cannot embrace change.
2) the people who have the perception that VAR would slow down the rhythm of the match.
3) the people who are regularly profiting from referee 'mistakes'.

Can't think of a fourth.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Effenberg777 » Wed May 02, 2018 1:19 pm

cant understand why big clubs like bayern juventus or city and psg dont put some.pressure on officials to introduce the VAR.
also cant understand muller declaration after the game he saidthat referee did a goodjob. we have to speak the truth here and stop being so gentelman, same as james did when asensio was simulating on the field. just compare how real attackes us when marcelo injured kimmich they play on even took a corner.
Effenberg777
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League