You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue May 01, 2018 7:45 pm

Real Madrid will win
6%
It will end in a draw
13%
Bayern Munich will win 1-0
3%
Bayern Munich will go through
78%

Total votes : 32

Re: [2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed May 02, 2018 8:27 am

Speaking to reporters after the match, Marcelo confirmed the contact, saying: "The ball hit my hand. You already know I don't speak to the referee. He's already erred against us.

"Now I can't come here and talk about the referee again.

"It's what happened. It's difficult because there's a lot in front of you, but if I say that it didn't touch my hand, I'd be a liar." [source]
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Hardrade » Wed May 02, 2018 8:34 am

I agree about VAR. But talking about 6 penalties seems so petty. We didn’t need that to win - we just needed not to make shitty mistakes
Hardrade
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby MUTU » Wed May 02, 2018 8:34 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Speaking to reporters after the match, Marcelo confirmed the contact, saying: "The ball hit my hand. You already know I don't speak to the referee. He's already erred against us.

"It's what happened. It's difficult because there's a lot in front of you, but if I say that it didn't touch my hand, I'd be a liar." [source]

Not lying doesn't make him any less dishonest. The fact he knew it was a penalty makes him even more dishonest.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bbenno » Wed May 02, 2018 8:37 am

MUTU wrote:
bbenno wrote:Yes two big mistakes cost us the game, but we have to ask ourselves: why did we make not one but TWO major clusterf#*^s.
It could be because Real are more used to play highly competitive matches than we are, and so when we are really put under pressure, some of the players choke. :roll:
The answer to that, if true, is a stronger Bundesliga with stronger top sides.
It might be far fetched. Maybe we were just unlucky...but how come we have just been unlucky the last five years?...
Three if you count Marcelo's goal in the first leg. Ball bounces right in front of Martinez and he does absolutely nothing to clear the ball.

I wouldn't go so far to say Martinez made a mistake that can be compared to the Rafinha and Ulreich mistakes. R & U literally gifted the ball to Real. It's another thing to missread a bouncing ball.

Of course the refereeing was shit. But we ourselves missed the penalty against Real last year and against Atletico (was it the year before?) that could have decided both ties in our favour. I don't particularly like VAR, but it is necessary! Shame on UEFA for voting against it!

Never mind the mistakes made by R and U: if we had had better attacking wingers we would have finished those chances! Although still a fantastic dribler, Ribery has lost his speed and killer touch. Don't even get me started on the right side, which provided nothing but crosses.
I love Müller, but he is of no use on the right against top sides.
bbenno
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Denmark

Postby MUTU » Wed May 02, 2018 8:37 am

Hardrade wrote:

I agree about VAR. But talking about 6 penalties seems so petty. We didn’t need that to win - we just needed not to make shitty mistakes

Well, the whole footballing world was talking about the one penalty against Juventus which was a 50/50, and the referee was insulted so much and threatened so much he actually had to have policemen posted outside of his house. I think the fact that we had 6, not 1, controversial penalty decisions should NOT be dismissed simply because we could still have won otherwise. Guess what, we didn't win otherwise, but we'd have definitely won if the referees were fair.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed May 02, 2018 8:41 am

MUTU wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:

Not lying doesn't make him any less dishonest. The fact he knew it was a penalty makes him even more dishonest.

Yes although to be fair I doubt any of our players would have said anything either. But now no idiot can come out and deny our penalty calls.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Wed May 02, 2018 8:41 am

I agree that we shouldn't bitch too much about refereeing and injuries because we couldn't finish those chances.

But I also agree that the referee should at least live the rest of his life looking over his shoulder for Vidal's gang members.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed May 02, 2018 8:43 am

Well I think we should blame ourselves because we should have gone through regardless of those mistakes but we can still blame him too because with fair refereeing we'd have gone through despite the mistakes. The team should not get a free pass though because just like the referee they didn't do their job.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed May 02, 2018 8:48 am

I'm going to translate this analysis by former Serie A referee Graziano Cesari:

slides 1 and 2: "Lewandowski turns and gets kneed in the thigh by Sergio Ramos, in my opinion this is a penalty"
slides 3 and 4: "The penalty that should have been conceded by Marcelo is an emblem, because the handball is voluntary. I think there's nothing else to talk about, it's a save truly and properly."
slides 5 to 7: "Lewandowski touches the ball and anticipates Sergio Ramos, who lands on him. If this is not a penalty I don't know what it is." [source]
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed May 02, 2018 8:51 am

Fucking cheating cunts

(Sorry, I got a surge of anger after reading RM fans' comments about Marcelo's admission)
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bbenno » Wed May 02, 2018 8:59 am

Also Alaba really didn't look good at that Benzema goal.

Sh#¤ I almost forgot about Lewi being taken down in the penalty area. :x
I feel sick to my stomach and wanna go punch the referee...

But besides that, Lewi was WAY off in both ties...

We need a WC player who can play both on the wing and as a striker as competition for Lewi (besides Wagner).

Lewi is f*¤#ng c..t! Mercenary who complains about the Torjaegerkanone, the club not spending enough (although I agree with him on that point), his teammates not passing him the ball often enough...would you shut up Lewi...you showed NOTHING in these two matches!
bbenno
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Denmark

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed May 02, 2018 9:01 am

Yes Alaba is at fault for the goal but after that he played his heart out. He was good
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bbenno » Wed May 02, 2018 9:03 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Yes Alaba is at fault for the goal but after that he played his heart out. He was good

Yes, totally agree!
bbenno
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Denmark

Postby MUTU » Wed May 02, 2018 9:05 am

bbenno wrote:would you shut up Lewi...you showed NOTHING in these two matches!

Well, he's received a lot of flak, but it's not his fault that in FOUR* occasions he was inside the box he was fouled in a manner that should have been awarded as a penalty. If the Real Madrid players weren't fouling him so often inside the box (and getting away with it), there's no knowing whether he'd have been a hero instead of a zero. Or, perhaps, had he won us 4 penalties, we'd be thanking him, y'know. Probably he'd have taken a couple of them himself too.

*2 in the first leg, 2 in the second leg.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bbenno » Wed May 02, 2018 9:10 am

MUTU wrote:
bbenno wrote:would you shut up Lewi...you showed NOTHING in these two matches!

Well, he's received a lot of flak, but it's not his fault that in FOUR* occasions he was inside the box he was fouled in a manner that should have been awarded as a penalty. If the Real Madrid players weren't fouling him so often inside the box (and getting away with it), there's no knowing whether he'd have been a hero instead of a zero. Or, perhaps, had he won us 4 penalties, we'd be thanking him, y'know. Probably he'd have taken a couple of them himself too.

*2 in the first leg, 2 in the second leg.

That is true.

I can't believe that no matter the discussions about the last four ties against Real, it ultimately comes down to the Refereeing. Feel like throwing up. ](*,)

What I don't understand is, how come the board doesn't plan for all these injuries. They know they will come every f... year. So prepare yourself for them: maybe better backup goalie for Neuer, extra wingers, Lewi backup (only one check), better backup fullback.
Lewi backup and midfield are the only areas we are covered in terms of injuries...(maybe partly defense as Martinez CAN play there).
Last edited by bbenno on Wed May 02, 2018 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
bbenno
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Denmark

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League