You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.
 

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue May 01, 2018 7:45 pm

Real Madrid will win
2
6%
It will end in a draw
4
13%
Bayern Munich will win 1-0
1
3%
Bayern Munich will go through
25
78%
 
Total votes : 32

Re: [2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby Effenberg777 » Wed May 02, 2018 12:20 am

marcelo said in post.conference that was a a handball
Effenberg777
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1234
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:51 pm
National Flag:
El Salvador
Has thanked: 126 times
Been thanked: 237 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby dewajack » Wed May 02, 2018 12:24 am

raz25 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:You know I'm actually looking forward to that new era. I'm not so confident the board will handle it well but at least we will get to see something different than the past 10 years.


Even if we will win the CL next season it will be just another one hit wonder like in 2013. Barcelona, Real and whatever monster will come out of the PL (Pool, City, chelsea, United) will be the favorites for years to come.

The only way we can become a dominant force in Europe is for the Bundesliga to do the same. But HOW? All the money is in the PL, and there's too much history and prestige playing for Madrid/Barcelona. It will take decades before anything will change.


I really don't think we're that far off, there just seems to be a touch more skill and clinical finishing that is needed. Neuer is on par with De Gea as the best keeper in the world. Hummels is as good as a CB as anyone imo. Kimmich is an elite star in the making. I like the progress that Coman has made. I'm shocked to say this, but I think we ought to look for a striker, whether to play with Lewy or replace him. I love Lewy, but he really did have some chances in both matches. It's not like Benzema had been in great form, but he got it done, along with Asensio, where we couldn't. Hell, Kimmich was our best finisher, so what does that say? How about Griezmann or Dybala, it could be time to spend some serious dough.
dewajack
Woah, this feels cool!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 5:50 am
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 15 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby raz25 » Wed May 02, 2018 12:32 am

YlonenXabi wrote:Stiil, it's the CL Semifinals we are talking about.

We cannot talk about a squad revamp whenever we fail to win the treble. I didn't like our performances last season but the situation this year is different


People are talking about a new era as if we were going to buy 10 new good players and get immediate success. What if we become a something like Arsenal or Chelsea? Not even Barcelona is making it past the quarterfinals since 2015

It was very difficult for us to reach this point where we can easily make it to the semifinals every year. Let's not flash it down the drain and let's focus in improving the few things that we are missing (top winger and a couple of back ups)

i will say it again. We are one step away from the double + we reached the CL semis and almost made the final.

Not a 10/10 season but at least 8/10.


If I asked you at the start of the season, "would you take Bundesliga win, Pokal final, and CL semi-final?", what would you say?
Ich bin ein Feierbiest!
User avatar
raz25
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1077
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:07 pm
Has thanked: 65 times
Been thanked: 144 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed May 02, 2018 12:53 am

I would never take anything other than the treble, because I know our squad is good enough to achieve it. That's why I would be happy with a world class winger and a one or two good players.

Apart from Real Madrid, NO OTHER team is winning CL these days.

I've seen most of the top teams in Europe having up and downs, not making it past the group stage, being relegated to EUROPA LEAGUE. We are in a good position and just a couple of good decisions away from a new CL trophy
User avatar
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 12205
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:53 am
Location: Guernsey
National Flag:
Spain
Has thanked: 3667 times
Been thanked: 3740 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: [2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby Machiavellico » Wed May 02, 2018 12:55 am

So fcking proud of this team. Mostly because of the shit its fans throw at the players and at the name and how, despite that, it has proven something tonight. It's incredible how this forum underestimates the fact that we made RM look like Wolfsburg. Yes, we are not through, but I, as a fan, live for nights like this. Nights in which my soul goes into overdrive and I shout like a baby. And this team has given me so many nights like this over the last years. Yes, I want CL trophies as well, but I sure as hell will not overlook the feelings this club makes me go through.

Never returning to this forum though. In the past days I almost got convinced that this club is on par with clubs like MUTD or Atletico or Lazio. That's how most of the guys here make it seem. And that's not the sort of atmosphere one should embrace when feeling football. Feeling, yes.

All the best
Image

PE14
User avatar
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 874
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:27 pm
National Flag:
Romania
Has thanked: 61 times
Been thanked: 518 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby tflags » Wed May 02, 2018 1:05 am

tflags

 

Re: [2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby raz25 » Wed May 02, 2018 1:16 am

YlonenXabi wrote:I would never take anything other than the treble, because I know our squad is good enough to achieve it. That's why I would be happy with a world class winger and a one or two good players.

Apart from Real Madrid, NO OTHER team is winning CL these days.

I've seen most of the top teams in Europe having up and downs, not making it past the group stage, being relegated to EUROPA LEAGUE. We are in a good position and just a couple of good decisions away from a new CL trophy


Good answer. There's something about this Madrid we should learn from, if we put out the kind of performance they did we'd lose 8-0.
Ich bin ein Feierbiest!
User avatar
raz25
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1077
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:07 pm
Has thanked: 65 times
Been thanked: 144 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby Manchu » Wed May 02, 2018 2:07 am

raz25 wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:I would never take anything other than the treble, because I know our squad is good enough to achieve it. That's why I would be happy with a world class winger and a one or two good players.

Apart from Real Madrid, NO OTHER team is winning CL these days.

I've seen most of the top teams in Europe having up and downs, not making it past the group stage, being relegated to EUROPA LEAGUE. We are in a good position and just a couple of good decisions away from a new CL trophy


Good answer. There's something about this Madrid we should learn from, if we put out the kind of performance they did we'd lose 8-0.

How to bribe the referees? :P Or at least build a brand big enough that the referees are terrified of calling anything against us.
User avatar
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 760
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:34 am
Has thanked: 348 times
Been thanked: 479 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby Ed. » Wed May 02, 2018 3:34 am

5 hrs later and this bitterness is still not going away.

We have to give Madrid credit. Referee's, injuries etc etc, they know what is to be done to progress from this tie.
I have to say, everyone who is posting stats and quotes saying we were the better team still have their heavily tinted Bayern glasses on.

Over the 6 times we have played madrid in the last 4 years, we have never ever been in a position to control the tie (the tie, not the game) for more than 20 mins in the first leg of last year and this year.

In 570 minutes of football over 4 yrs, we had Madrid back pedaling for a measly 40 f%king minutes


The 2 times we went ahead, they immediately responded and restored parity in the tie. They are not an expansive side who play free flowing football and push men forward at every chance. Zidane has set them up to be a counter attacking side and counter attacking sides are always exposed when they have to chase the game.

Bayern have never been able to do that and put them in a position where they must come out and attack. It is us who are always in that position of catching up. So, yes, it's plainly obvious we'll have more of the ball, shot count, corners etc..

Again, 570 mins of football and we have been in control of these ties for only 40mins in total.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 519
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:15 pm
Has thanked: 88 times
Been thanked: 244 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby Ed. » Wed May 02, 2018 3:45 am

Ollio wrote:I know, and I don't. I'm merely stating why I thought this year the injury bug is the poorest of the excuses we have every year. It's because we handled it pretty damn well. If not for two (very costly) mistakes, our games would've been just chances after chances. And the mistakes made were one second decision making **** and not indicative of the players level per se, but rather a human error under pressure which could just as well happen to anyone. Therefore not really down to an injury crisis. When you have Götze on the left wing not producing anything for 12 games in a row, that's when you have a downgrade because of an injury.



Well, said.
People talk up Alaba like he is some incarnation of Maldini. He is certainly not immune from mistakes himself.

He made 2 mistakes in the space of 2 seconds to let Griezaman score in 2015. He was also culpable today for Benzema's first goal. It was excellent movement from Benzema to pull away for that header, but if we are saying Alaba is a much better defender than Rafinha then he does not lose awareness on his side of the field.

If I remember correctly, he was also culpable in the 3-0 loss to PSG.

Rafinha coming in for Alaba did not make a major difference in this tie. There is plenty of evidence to point out Alaba's mistakes (blatantly obvious or not), lead to conceding goals.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 519
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:15 pm
Has thanked: 88 times
Been thanked: 244 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby Mavs » Wed May 02, 2018 3:48 am

I'm super sad we lost, but the team played so hard. There isn't much more you can ask for, as a fan. We dominated Real Madrid for stretches. Think about that. We're one of the only teams in Europe capable of that.

We didn't get the result we wanted, but as others have said, we're close. We once again didn't have the referee on our side, once again had key injuries, and yet we again were the better team.

If we limit the key departures this year, bring in Gnabry, add another winger to rotate with Coman and co. to keep everybody as fresh and healthy as possible, we'll be right there again next year, hopefully. Not having our wingers in this matchup absolutely killed us. Imagine what kind of damage Gnabry or Coman could've done against Real's super-aggressive LB/RB's.

The biggest wildcard for me is Kovac.
User avatar
Mavs
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 368
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:05 pm
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 143 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby Ed. » Wed May 02, 2018 3:58 am

Fénix wrote:
Müller is definitely kaputt, not nearly to a shadow what he used to be between 2009-2016 and I guess his career won't improve anymore. This guy literally doesn't offer anything to Bayern anymore, he is something that only bothers this team and the feeling is like, he ain't in the match at all or Bayern plays without 1 player on the field.


Lewadowski is getting a lot of flak and rightly so but golden boy Muller always flies under the radar.
Lewi has alarmingly lost a lot of his pace and sharpness as well in just 2 yrs. There is a drastic difference. The 2015/16 Lewa buries that chance where he stole the ball from Casmeiro in the first leg, instead he doesn't even end up getting a shot away because the defenders have caught up.

Lewa+Muller in the same team simply does not work against Europe's best. Muller is crap on the wing (well actually wherever he plays) and when he drifts in, these 2 do not have the touch or skill to support one another and create some combination play.

We need a skilled pacy forward in the mold of Werner and another bulldozing no 9 like Mandzukic of old.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 519
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:15 pm
Has thanked: 88 times
Been thanked: 244 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby pabloenigma » Wed May 02, 2018 4:05 am

As I said yesterday, I think we are lacking big match experience. I do not know how we can deal with this problem while we face no competition in the bundesliga.

Of course out squad is old, we need new players, and we need to have a good medical team. Not denying that.

But I don't think these were major contributing factors in the specific loss yesterday. We just had two very bad days. And the reason we are repeatedly having such bad days in later stages of this competition is probably because we cannot handle the nerves. Even before the start of the season we know that we will walk over the bundesliga. Every year. That is very inadequate preparation for big occasions like this.

I don't understand people propounding the logic that you can't keep blaming the referees because we have lost six consecutive matches. This is not a league, where luck will possibly even out. Three ties are too small a sample size for that argument. And for the last two ties, the scores were tight and the referee clearly had a very important role. I'm not saying this is a part of a larger conspiracy, and I am not saying we should not aim to be so good that we can work around such misfortunes. But they point remains that for the last two ties, Real did get very crucial advantages from the referee.

This tie clearly does not add to the data they are doing something systematically right, and we are not. (Except for the medical section).

Sent from my XT1706 using Tapatalk
pabloenigma
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:03 am
Location: Kolkata,India
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 29 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby #12 » Wed May 02, 2018 5:24 am

YlonenXabi wrote:I would never take anything other than the treble, because I know our squad is good enough to achieve it. That's why I would be happy with a world class winger and a one or two good players.

Apart from Real Madrid, NO OTHER team is winning CL these days.

I've seen most of the top teams in Europe having up and downs, not making it past the group stage, being relegated to EUROPA LEAGUE. We are in a good position and just a couple of good decisions away from a new CL trophy


Yes, but other teams have played said RM and had them way closer to elimination, yet you claim we "easily make it to the semis every year" - we were lucky to get there, that’s what it is... Again, since 2013 we won ONE encounter with what can be called a top team... ONE... In OT...

We played well yesterday, but once again Müller is almost crying into the mic how much it hurts... When was the last time we were in a tie for more than 90 mins? Something is deeply rotten there, cause otherwise they would be there for a first leg as well for a change...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 22739
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1147 times
Been thanked: 5268 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby aterford » Wed May 02, 2018 5:41 am

You know #12 I have to agree with that. It seems like lately we see a LOT more "passion" after the match/tie than we do *During* the match....
#BigFlickEnergy
User avatar
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:40 am
Has thanked: 4308 times
Been thanked: 3571 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest