You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue May 01, 2018 7:45 pm

Real Madrid will win
6%
It will end in a draw
13%
Bayern Munich will win 1-0
3%
Bayern Munich will go through
78%

Total votes : 32

Re: [2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby Ollio » Tue May 01, 2018 11:35 pm

MUTU wrote:
Ollio wrote:
MUTU wrote:[quote="Ollio"]So yea, I think blaming injuries is a poor excuse. Can't go through if the guys up front won't show up.

This would sometimes be true, if not for the fact that TWO of the goals we conceded were clear, amateur mistakes by players who only played due to the injuries. Had Alaba been fit for the first leg and Neuer for the second leg, chances are we'd have gone through irrespective of the misses up front and the ref mistakes.

Indeed, but part of my point was that if numbers 9 and 25 would've done what they're paid to do, we could've easily canceled them out multiple times. Should've won at home already. But this is an endless debate with no difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, but there are loads of IFs, you can't just take one of them and say it's the only IF. James missing that clear chance today doesn't invalidate the fact that had Neuer been fit (as he should have been since November 2017), he'd have been VERY unlikely to concede that stupid 2nd half goal. They're both IFs, there doesn't need to be one. Also the refs are another IF.[/quote]

I know, and I don't. I'm merely stating why I thought this year the injury bug is the poorest of the excuses we have every year. It's because we handled it pretty damn well. If not for two (very costly) mistakes, our games would've been just chances after chances. And the mistakes made were one second decision making fuckups and not indicative of the players level per se, but rather a human error under pressure which could just as well happen to anyone. Therefore not really down to an injury crisis. When you have Götze on the left wing not producing anything for 12 games in a row, that's when you have a downgrade because of an injury.

Actually with numbers 9 and 25 it's not about IFs at all. It's about SHOULDAs. Or rather just SHOULDs, because they should score goals. You are paid millions to score goals. You claim to be some of the best in the world doing that. It's your only friggin job. The others sure as hell did their best providing them, but them two didn't do their job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ollio
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Finland

Postby raz25 » Tue May 01, 2018 11:36 pm

I wanted to write a long scheissepost, but I'll resume to this. Being a Bayern fan these days sucks. Bundesliga is a given, Pokal is whatever, and then there's the Champions League, the cup we long for, but the competition that either has fixed matches (Kassai's performance last year or this year's blunders) or there's simply too much variance to make it enjoyable (injuries, missed chances, referee calls), pick your poison.
Ich bin ein Feierbiest!
raz25
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby CaptainLahm21 » Tue May 01, 2018 11:39 pm

I dont know many liverpool fans tbf loads of united fans though who will be supporting madrid about as strongly as real fans will be. Personally like this liverpool front 3 and madrid retaining it already frustrated me 3 in a row please no.
KIMMICH! 
CaptainLahm21
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue May 01, 2018 11:41 pm

raz25 wrote:I wanted to write a long scheissepost, but I'll resume to this. Being a Bayern fan these days sucks. Bundesliga is a given, Pokal is whatever, and then there's the Champions League, the cup we long for, but the competition that either has fixed matches (Kassai's performance last year or this year's blunders) or there's simply too much variance to make it enjoyable (injuries, missed chances, referee calls), pick your poison.

Exactly. I really wish the Bundesliga would be exciting again but the DFL and our opponents seem determined to ruin it.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Lukas » Tue May 01, 2018 11:47 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
raz25 wrote:I wanted to write a long scheissepost, but I'll resume to this. Being a Bayern fan these days sucks. Bundesliga is a given, Pokal is whatever, and then there's the Champions League, the cup we long for, but the competition that either has fixed matches (Kassai's performance last year or this year's blunders) or there's simply too much variance to make it enjoyable (injuries, missed chances, referee calls), pick your poison.

Exactly. I really wish the Bundesliga would be exciting again but the DFL and our opponents seem determined to ruin it.

We only ever see such passion and interest on here for CL games which is a shame. The reasons are pretty obvious, domestic German football just isn't exciting anymore. I just want someone to challenge us even if it's through oil money (yeah I know never going to happen and it's another debate for another day)
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby raz25 » Tue May 01, 2018 11:49 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Exactly. I really wish the Bundesliga would be exciting again but the DFL and our opponents seem determined to ruin it.

It would make us so much better prepared for these crucial matches as well. Even if you have ONE real opponent it would make you that much more attentive and clinical during matches. This tie looked like a tipical 30 minutes in the Bundesliga, create 10 chances, don't worry we'll create another 10 by the end of the game. Oh wait, it's over.
Ich bin ein Feierbiest!
raz25
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Fénix » Tue May 01, 2018 11:49 pm

Well, I predicted tonight 2:2 and it happened. What to think or say after the match... Lewandowski's career at Bayern is definitely over. He flopped in all important matches and was even worse than Gomez and Đilkoš even though his talent is obviously bigger than of the mentioned two, but still his contribution on the pitch is miserable.
Now he is finally free to move on and look for something else.

Müller is definitely kaputt, not nearly to a shadow what he used to be between 2009-2016 and I guess his career won't improve anymore. This guy literally doesn't offer anything to Bayern anymore, he is something that only bothers this team and the feeling is like, he ain't in the match at all or Bayern plays without 1 player on the field.

Our solutions and reserves couldn't provide us what we needed in both games. Real was so terrible, amazingly weak and served to us just to take that opportunity for the revenge, but no... We blew up big time, our mentality and character aren't nearly to the one that we used to have 15-20 years ago, otherwise we would have celebrated tonight. Those guys would destroy even stronger opponents than they were back then, this Bayern... No. La Bestia Negra se murió.

Jupp has done an excellent job as a fireman to save our season and team from the terrible decline and he almost brought us to the final, but our finishing in both game was terrible. We simply couldn't score from so many chances that Real would easily put all behind our goalkeeper. :roll:

We thought the generation from 2011/2012 ended in 2015/2016 after we failed to reach the final against Atletico, but still we managed to delay this for 2 extra years, but now... It's finally over and a new era is about to arrive and God knows what is in front of us. :|

The unique opportunity to knock down this poor Real Madrid went to hell. Pity...
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue May 01, 2018 11:52 pm

You know I'm actually looking forward to that new era. I'm not so confident the board will handle it well but at least we will get to see something different than the past 10 years.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby dewajack » Tue May 01, 2018 11:56 pm

2018-2019 Formation that NEEDS to be implemented

dewajack
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Lukas » Tue May 01, 2018 11:57 pm

I have to chase people for vital information at work tomorrow. God help them if they don't provide it accurately and quickly!
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Postby bbenno » Tue May 01, 2018 11:58 pm

Exactly. Now I almost don’t bother to watch the Pokal final, because what would make it special would be if we also made the CL final. Then I would be happy! And happy even if we would lose to Liverpool because I would know that Jupp almost gave us a second Treble and be truly happy with a Double + CL final.

Now I just doesn’t care. Only reason to be happy about ‘just’ winning the Pokal on top of the Bundesliga would be to give Jupp a proper farewell (we’re gonna miss him)
bbenno
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Denmark

Postby Effenberg777 » Tue May 01, 2018 11:58 pm

dewajack wrote:2018-2019 Formation that NEEDS to be implemented

kimmich still needs to work on defence skills, he should have blocked marcelo there he let him unmarked
Effenberg777
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby raz25 » Wed May 02, 2018 12:03 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:You know I'm actually looking forward to that new era. I'm not so confident the board will handle it well but at least we will get to see something different than the past 10 years.

Even if we will win the CL next season it will be just another one hit wonder like in 2013. Barcelona, Real and whatever monster will come out of the PL (Pool, City, chelsea, United) will be the favorites for years to come.

The only way we can become a dominant force in Europe is for the Bundesliga to do the same. But HOW? All the money is in the PL, and there's too much history and prestige playing for Madrid/Barcelona. It will take decades before anything will change.
Ich bin ein Feierbiest!
raz25
I post all the time

Postby MoFattal » Wed May 02, 2018 12:03 am

We need a new era. The BL has become so weak, specifically this season, that winning it cannot anymore serve as a comfort pillow when we get eliminated from the CL. We all want the CL, the players moreso than us. It’s just not working. Injuries, choking, brainfarts, etc. are just repetitive indicators that something needs to be changed. Othersise, we can just replace our slogan “mia san mia” with “We outplayed them but were unlucky”. Again, I expect a VERY busy summer.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed May 02, 2018 12:20 am

Stiil, it's the CL Semifinals we are talking about.

We cannot talk about a squad revamp whenever we fail to win the treble. I didn't like our performances last season but the situation this year is different

People are talking about a new era as if we were going to buy 10 new good players and get immediate success. What if we become a something like Arsenal or Chelsea? Not even Barcelona is making it past the quarterfinals since 2015

It was very difficult for us to reach this point where we can easily make it to the semifinals every year. Let's not flash it down the drain and let's focus in improving the few things that we are missing (top winger and a couple of back ups)

i will say it again. We are one step away from the double + we reached the CL semis and almost made the final.

Not a 10/10 season but at least 8/10.
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Spain

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League