You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue May 01, 2018 7:45 pm

Real Madrid will win
6%
It will end in a draw
13%
Bayern Munich will win 1-0
3%
Bayern Munich will go through
78%

Total votes : 32

Re: [2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby MUTU » Tue May 01, 2018 10:34 pm

bastos80 wrote:
MUTU wrote:
pyrasur wrote:Yep. He has all the time to think back there. Really no excuse. He’s played well but that’s the difference between number two and number one.

Played well? Do you remember a single save he did over 180 minutes? His mistake today was so bad he might as well have controlled the ball, turned around and shot it in himself.

I still don't get why he went down there...

Easy. He received a backpass which, admittedly, wasn't the best backpass of all time. He tried to catch it with his hands, then remembered it was a backpass so he tried to kick it instead, but he was already slipping down, then at the last millisecond he decides to try and catch it again instead, but his arm is too high by this time.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Ollio » Tue May 01, 2018 10:36 pm

MUTU wrote:
Ollio wrote:So yea, I think blaming injuries is a poor excuse. Can't go through if the guys up front won't show up.

This would sometimes be true, if not for the fact that TWO of the goals we conceded were clear, amateur mistakes by players who only played due to the injuries. Had Alaba been fit for the first leg and Neuer for the second leg, chances are we'd have gone through irrespective of the misses up front and the ref mistakes.

Indeed, but part of my point was that if numbers 9 and 25 would've done what they're paid to do, we could've easily canceled them out multiple times. Should've won at home already. But this is an endless debate with no difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ollio
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Finland

Postby MUTU » Tue May 01, 2018 10:36 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Cristiano was shut down over the two legs but still we managed to screw it all...

To be fair, some of it was on him too. He made a huge miss, that's rare for him.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Achilles » Tue May 01, 2018 10:37 pm

I'm proud and angry!We dominated them and then gave the tie away twice...
Unbelievable errors at this level.

Now re-group and two top transfers no need for an overhaul
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tflags » Tue May 01, 2018 10:38 pm

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Cristiano was shut down over the two legs but still we managed to screw it all...

To be fair, some of it was on him too. He made a huge miss, that's rare for him.

His name is Suele. And he OWNED him today.
tflags

Postby MUTU » Tue May 01, 2018 10:38 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Who else was pissed off when James threw the ball out when a piece of shit in white was faking an injury?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Me! I said he should f**k off to Real Madrid at the time with anger. I didn't like his asslicking.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue May 01, 2018 10:41 pm

Ollio wrote:
MUTU wrote:
Ollio wrote:So yea, I think blaming injuries is a poor excuse. Can't go through if the guys up front won't show up.

This would sometimes be true, if not for the fact that TWO of the goals we conceded were clear, amateur mistakes by players who only played due to the injuries. Had Alaba been fit for the first leg and Neuer for the second leg, chances are we'd have gone through irrespective of the misses up front and the ref mistakes.

Indeed, but part of my point was that if numbers 9 and 25 would've done what they're paid to do, we could've easily canceled them out multiple times. Should've won at home already. But this is an endless debate with no difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, but there are loads of IFs, you can't just take one of them and say it's the only IF. James missing that clear chance today doesn't invalidate the fact that had Neuer been fit (as he should have been since November 2017), he'd have been VERY unlikely to concede that stupid 2nd half goal. They're both IFs, there doesn't need to be one. Also the refs are another IF.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue May 01, 2018 10:41 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:We need a revamp up front for sure. We don't have a single reliable scorer. I

I think the problem is that we have only ONE reliable scorer, so when Lewandowski doesn't score nobody else does. Similar to Gomez in 2012.

Definitely, but I think we can't rely on him for these games either. There are games when Lewandowski or sometimes Müller show up and you just know we're going to score loads. But when they don't, you can't even imagine how on earth we're going to manage a goal. Just look at this Real or Bayern of five years ago. They can pull out goals out of nowhere. Even when playing badly, they can still hope someone will somehow score. Not so with us.

I think we need new starters in every attacking position except for James's and maybe Coman's, and we need backups for them. Robbery are decent backups but they should only be here a year more at most. We should also have other backups apart from them so we're never forced to play both together for 90 minutes
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ley09 » Tue May 01, 2018 10:42 pm

MUTU wrote:We could have gone through if:

- We had no injuries
- We had fair referees in at least 1 of the 2 legs
- We finished off our chances
- We didn't make as many mistakes.

2 are on the players
1 is unclear (injuries)
1 is on UEFA. Anyone who dismisses the conspiracy theory that UEFA consistently helps Real Madrid is delusional.

Great story bro. You're basically admitting that Bayern can't win without being handed penalties.

Seriously I always respected Bayern. But what happened to this great club? Instead of blaming all your problems on UEFA, how about you win a match? We played you guys 6 times now since 2014 and you didn't win a single match. Lost to Atletico & Barca too, was that UEFA's fault as well?
Ley09
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby Sensei » Tue May 01, 2018 10:43 pm

I think Ulreich is a good shot stopper but that's about it. These are the games that really show what a player is made of. He has looked out of sorts on both legs and I'm not surprised that Madrid targeted him with their press. The position of goal keeper has changed significantly the last few years and I feel that on top of his poor ball control he isn't injecting any confidence on our defence or myself. While I think that a lot of our injured players have been missed, Neuer has been the biggest loss. Not having made the final hurts but I found solace with the fact that we played better and showed some good mentality.
Bayern for life
Sensei
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tflags » Tue May 01, 2018 10:44 pm

Ley09 wrote:
MUTU wrote:We could have gone through if:

- We had no injuries
- We had fair referees in at least 1 of the 2 legs
- We finished off our chances
- We didn't make as many mistakes.

2 are on the players
1 is unclear (injuries)
1 is on UEFA. Anyone who dismisses the conspiracy theory that UEFA consistently helps Real Madrid is delusional.

Great story bro. You're basically admitting that Bayern can't win without being handed penalties.

Seriously I always respected Bayern. But what happened to this great club? Instead of blaming all your problems on UEFA, how about you win a match? We played you guys 6 times now since 2014 and you didn't win a single match. Lost to Atletico & Barca too, was that UEFA's fault as well?

Funny coming from a team that needs to rest an entire weekend so the divas can prepare for the away leg.
tflags

Postby Hardrade » Tue May 01, 2018 10:44 pm

Also: James had probably the toughest game of his career, he was put to a tremendous test of confidence. And still, he has shown more balls than some of our club favorites and legends-in-making. The decision he took, given all the circumstances, his performance on both legs and situation on the field (seeing his ex-teammate injured in front of 80.000 fans) - was reasonable, ethical, and expected.

We have to remember that he still owes Real more than he does to us, and he’s still, formally speaking, here on loan.

Now imagine how would you feel about Schweini if he came here with UTD, saw Ribery getting hurt badly and proceeded with attack like nothing happened...
Hardrade
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue May 01, 2018 10:45 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Who else was pissed off when James threw the ball out when a piece of shit in white was faking an injury?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

All of us on chat
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Paphlagonian » Tue May 01, 2018 10:46 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Paphlagonian wrote:I don't think anybody will pay for Lewandowski 100 mil anymore. So he can say good bye to his money dreams.

If nobody wants him he can be our backup striker or our Bundesliga goalscorer. We need someone else for the CL.

And before anyone asks: no, I can't name a better striker. I have no idea who we should replace him with. But big names aren't everything and he hasn't delivered for us when it matters. It's time to try with someone else even if on paper they are not as good.

We need to drop this 1 striker bullshit mate. Too much dependent on one guy. I'd prefer 4-3-3 with or even 4-4-2

--------------Neuer-----------------
Kimmich - Süle - Hummels - Alaba
----Tolisso - Thiago - Goretzka----
----Coman - Werner - Gnabry ----

Now you can fit Martinez/Vidal/Lewandowski if you want. But we need PACE look at Liverpool the only reason they are destroying without a decent defense is their insane Pace. In our team only Coman has the pace. After that comes Gnabry no one else has pace.

I bet this team will counter attack like hell. Kill anything that moves. Just give them 2-3 years together. They will dominate Europe. We need to leave old guys one side and move on.
Paphlagonian
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Turkey

Postby #12 » Tue May 01, 2018 10:46 pm

Ley09 wrote:I honestly really enjoyed that match, was very nervous towards the end but we saw through it. Well played Bayern fantastic match. You guys are great supporters as well, I read this forum sometimes.

I hope we meet again next year! :D

Of course you do - if I was in your place, so would I...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League