You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue May 01, 2018 7:45 pm

Real Madrid will win
6%
It will end in a draw
13%
Bayern Munich will win 1-0
3%
Bayern Munich will go through
78%

Total votes : 32

Re: [2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby Ed. » Tue May 01, 2018 10:28 pm

Outis wrote:I love Müller but he was SO shit today... I was shouting at him whole second half and asking Jupp to change him with Wagner (he COULDN'T be worse!)

And Süle, what a beast he is... he is just needs long passes and he's better than current Boateng!

Sule was very very good. He is strong as an ox, we all know that but he is quick as well.
However, the one weakness is his rigid frame. He does not seem to be able to make turns or change direction quickly.
Last edited by Ed. on Wed May 02, 2018 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Tue May 01, 2018 10:28 pm

pyrasur wrote:Yep. He has all the time to think back there. Really no excuse. He’s played well but that’s the difference between number two and number one.

Played well? Do you remember a single save he did over 180 minutes? His mistake today was so bad he might as well have controlled the ball, turned around and shot it in himself.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue May 01, 2018 10:29 pm

Manchu wrote:Some people would complain that our team doesn't take our chances and is made up of poor finishers, but there is no statistical evidence of that whatsoever.

You had the statistical evidence right there. 3 out of 4.9 expected goals scored.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby BackY » Tue May 01, 2018 10:29 pm

MoFattal wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:We did well with half a team. If Real win this year they will be the most ridiculous champions since Chelsea, if not more so. We destroyed them home and away. But in the end you can't win if the only goals you can assist are at the wrong end.

I think the fact that we have played our fifth consecutive semifinal (counted last year as such) with half a team indicates something seriously wrong with our medical/fitness teams and/or players.

I can only expect a VERY busy transfer summer.

Pin this comment, put it in the home page header!!!
BackY
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Albania

Postby Ollio » Tue May 01, 2018 10:30 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
MUTU wrote:
Ollio wrote:Where did you get that?

What I mean is we had all the chances in the world to score goals to cancel out the blunders conceded, but our forwards couldn't keep their scheiße together. So the loss is on our forwards. And Real was crap, but still finished their chances. We had more chances, couldn't do it. Would've outscored them.

OK let me try again.

Since we had chances, you think it's on our forwards.
If we didn't, it would have been on our injuries.

Why, because we had chances, does that remove the injuries factor?

It wouldn't, in which case injury WOULD be the factor.

I think the point is despite the injuries and refereeing, we did manage to create those chances, and we could have well won despite everything going against us. I would agree with Olio as well if that's what he meant.

Exactly, you cant win without goals unfortunately. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ollio
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Finland

Postby bastos80 » Tue May 01, 2018 10:30 pm

MUTU wrote:
pyrasur wrote:Yep. He has all the time to think back there. Really no excuse. He’s played well but that’s the difference between number two and number one.

Played well? Do you remember a single save he did over 180 minutes? His mistake today was so bad he might as well have controlled the ball, turned around and shot it in himself.

I still don't get why he went down there...
Sané ---- Lewandowski ---- Gnabry
Davies - Thiago - Kimmich - Dest
Hernández -- Alaba -- Upamecano
--------------- Neuer ----------------
bastos80

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Tue May 01, 2018 10:31 pm

Manchu wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:We do need transfers, but why in the world do people want a total revamp of the squad? We were really close to the treble with half of the squad injured. Why should we make such a revolution?

This. This so much. We had Boateng, Coman, Vidal, Robben, and Alaba out at least one half of the tie. We had Neuer, by far our best player, out for a year. And what is the result:
Can't see tweet? Click here!
We outplayed them tremendously both legs with half our squad injured. We probably would have gone through about 80% of the time, even with taking into account two terrible errors which probably don't happen in most universes and a little dubious refereeing. Some people would complain that our team doesn't take our chances and is made up of poor finishers, but there is no statistical evidence of that whatsoever.

We were simply unlucky.

We do need is a few transfers in our areas of weaknesses and to make the squad a little younger (at least one new winger, another centerback?), but only a few.

What we really need is a new medical staff. Our injury history is unacceptable.

Yup, and keep in mind that Ulreich's blunder basically accounts for probably 0.99xG on its own, and probably close to that with Rafinha's in the first leg. You take those out of the equation and our xG is probably 5.0 to 1.2 or something like that
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Tue May 01, 2018 10:31 pm

Ollio wrote:So yea, I think blaming injuries is a poor excuse. Can't go through if the guys up front won't show up.

This would sometimes be true, if not for the fact that TWO of the goals we conceded were clear, amateur mistakes by players who only played due to the injuries. Had Alaba been fit for the first leg and Neuer for the second leg, chances are we'd have gone through irrespective of the misses up front and the ref mistakes.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby sherpthederp » Tue May 01, 2018 10:31 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:We do need transfers, but why in the world do people want a total revamp of the squad? We were really close to the treble with half of the squad injured. Why should we make such a revolution?

I genuinely think Jupp has been making us overperform, though.

We need a revamp up front for sure. We don't have a single reliable scorer. In defence we are good although we need better backups. We've made excellent transfers there in recent years though: Hummels, Kimmich, Sule.

In midfield we are kind of set. Tolisso was very good and we have Goretzka coming in, and maybe with some miracle Sanches will rediscover himself. Hopefully we can hold onto Vidal.

I still think realistically we should transition to a wingerless formation but if the board are willing to break the bank then by all means we can keep playing the same way. We do need quite a few changes though, not just one or two. It doesn't mean our current team isn't good but we will only get worse.

Wingers or not we need speed and ruthlessness in front of goal, it’s been our shortcoming for 3 seasons now. We NEED more attacking options and to drop Robbery. Nostalgia will not help us win the CL, we need young hungry depth in our attack.
sherpthederp
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Tue May 01, 2018 10:32 pm

I don't know how I am going to sleep...
F uck RM...
Unbelievable that Piece of Shit called Cristiano was shut down over the two legs but still we managed to screw it all...

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Tue May 01, 2018 10:32 pm

Well, just bummed, but anyways needed to hash out my thoughts so here's my player ratings for today.

It's based on a US grading scale, not sure if it's used elsewhere in the world or not TBH.
But basically: A is best, F is worst, goes A, B, C, D, F (no E. Don't ask my why, that's just how it is lol).
Here "C" is average. Everyone starts the match with a C. You play better than average your grade goes up. Play worse and it goes down.
Without further ado....

Ulreich: F
I hate to be so harsh on the guy, but it’s hard to understate how awful that blunder was. We can talk about Rafinha last game, but that’s done and dusted…this one, here, today - it’s not an exaggeration to say that it was a tie-costing mistake. Ulreich has been great all season and saved our hinds a couple of times, but this was inexcusable, indefensible.
Hummels: C
A good game in defense from Hummels. If I were grading just on defending, he’s an A for me. Seldom put a foot wrong in defense. On offense, though? D at best. Couldn’t put a header on target to save his life and made a few questionable choices when he was pushed up the pitch.
Süle: A
Can’t say enough good things about this guy. Massive performance today. 22 and had CRISTIANO RONALDO in his pocket for 90 minutes. Sadly, one of our best offensive threats late in the game.
Thiago: A
Thiago silenced his “he never shows up in big games” critics today. A contender for MotM. Facilitated virtually everything we had going for us offensively and had two or three goal-saving tackles. Was huge in both offense and defense.
Alaba: C
Alaba had a decent game today, IMO. Better than recent weeks. His crossing was still poor, but he was a big threat in the attack and harassed their right flank all day. Had a heyday with Vazquez and Modric. However, poor, poor marking on Benzema knocked his grade down.
Kimmich: A
Like Süle, I can’t say enough about the guy. Probably our most passionate player out there. I know sometimes I say that “fight” and “grit” or whatever are overrated, but man, he showed it all today. Should’ve closed down better on first goal - his defensive positioning still needs work - but overall he had a massive match and was another contender for MotM for me.
James: B
Overall, a very bright game from James. We suffered a lot when he came off. Wish he hadn’t done the “polite” thing and played the ball out late in the game. IMO, wasn’t the time for niceties. But, overall, one of our biggest threats.
Tolisso: A
I’ve long been a critic of Tolisso, but he stepped up on the biggest stage today with a great game. He was all over the pitch, just electric, and like James we suffered noticeably when he was taken out.
Ribery: C
Not a good game or bad game from Franck. Mostly quiet. Alaba seemed more threatening for most the game.
Müller: D
Poor match on the whole. Didn’t threaten very much, scuffed a couple chances. I’m not sure he could’ve got on that ball at the end of the game. Did well to help on first goal but overall a night to forget. Have to wonder if Madrid (both teams!) present some sort of mental block to Thomas.
Lewandowski: F
Utterly invisible for the FIFTH Champions League match in a row. Had a decent claim for a penalty tonight, but after that spent more time yelling at the referee and falling over than he did trying to fight to win us the game. I’ve been harsh on him in recent weeks and was hoping he’d prove me wrong. Unfortunately, no. A listless, heartless performance from the guy who’s supposed to be world’s best CF. He can stay in Madrid at this point.

Martinez and Wagner: Both C’s for me; not really on the pitch enough to get any better or worse than Average

Bayern medical staff: F-, 0/10, no stars, two thumbs down. Get that hack witch doctor out of here and maybe, MAYBE we’ll have a chance next year. As long as that quack is there injecting our players with calf blood and horse placenta we’re always going to get f**ked on the biggest stages due to key players being out

Heynckes: C
I know he didn’t have a ton of options at his disposal. There were whispers James was hurt when he came off. If so, I’d rate him higher. If not…I’m sorry. It’s the UCL. You don’t sub off your best player (one of them) with 10 minutes left because he looks tired. Both subs killed all our momentum…twice. Heynckes has been a godsend this season, and I feel bad for some players letting him down, but not great today.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Hardrade » Tue May 01, 2018 10:34 pm

My feelings are quite mixed. Somehow, the game was actually enjoyable for me. We were the only team that decided this match, we were dictating both our domination and our downfall. Real was more of a spectator who took maximum advantage of our grave errors.

I wouldn’t blame Tolisso for the blunder. Any sentient human being would clear that to fuccking oblivion. But I will refrain from further comments there for the sake of sanity and civil conduct.

Ranking:
++ James, Sule, Kimmich
+ Thiago, Coco
= Ribery, Alaba
- Muller, Hummels
— Lewandowski, Ulreich
Hardrade
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby bastos80 » Tue May 01, 2018 10:34 pm

MUTU wrote:We could have gone through if:

- We finished off our chances

Could have stopped right there and you'd have hit the nail on the head.
If was ours for the taking. We didn't want it apparently.
Sané ---- Lewandowski ---- Gnabry
Davies - Thiago - Kimmich - Dest
Hernández -- Alaba -- Upamecano
--------------- Neuer ----------------
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Effenberg777 » Tue May 01, 2018 10:34 pm

really impressed by tolisso first half. great game. his best game at bayern.
Effenberg777
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby ramsej84 » Tue May 01, 2018 10:34 pm

Who else was pissed off when James threw the ball out when a piece of shit in white was faking an injury?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League