You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue May 01, 2018 7:45 pm

Real Madrid will win
6%
It will end in a draw
13%
Bayern Munich will win 1-0
3%
Bayern Munich will go through
78%

Total votes : 32

Re: [2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby Ley09 » Tue May 01, 2018 5:50 pm

I have a feeling this match will produce a lot of goals.
Ley09
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Tue May 01, 2018 5:51 pm

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Tue May 01, 2018 5:54 pm

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:Even with a full squad I think 2:1 for RM would be too optimistic... More like maybe 7 or 8:1...
With our current squad I think 9:1 is too optimistic, too... Maybe like 5%...

I totally can't understand you. Probably one of your doomsday pessimistic posts as usual.

In any case, the players and hopefully the fans will keep on fighting and shouting respectively, even if it's looking less than 1%.

Dude what the feck is your problem? I was merely stating an opinion...
Do you always have to attribute opinions tgat differ from yours to a character trait I don’t even have? Does that make you feel better?

Question: Do you honestly think with the squad we’re fielding today we would advance in more than 1 game per 10 games played? I don’t... Regardless of Bayern, I think one in a hundred maybe has a chance to advance at the Bernabeu after a home loss... It almost happened to them in the last round... Do you really think it'll happen twice in a row? It’s just very very unlikely IMHO... Not completely and absolutely impossible, but as I said: it would be nothing less than the miracle of Madrid...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Paphlagonian » Tue May 01, 2018 5:54 pm

What I want tonight?

I want this spirit.

Paphlagonian
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Turkey

Postby raz25 » Tue May 01, 2018 5:59 pm

MUTU wrote:Odds, or FiveThirthyEight estimates?

31% is way too optimistic for us. We're closer to 10%. It would be 31% if we had a full team back for this match, maybe even 41% in that case.

We could be fielding this team:
Lewandowski
ComanJamesRobben
MartinezVidal
AlabaHummelsBoatengKimmich
Neuer

Instead, thanks to injuries, it could be up to THIS bad if Javi and Alaba fail the late fitness tests:
Lewandowski
RiberyJamesMueller
ThiagoRudy
RafinhaHummelsSueleKimmich
Ulreich

(at least until Ribery is tired, after that we'll probably sub on Bernat in his place)

Boateng and Neuer missing are indeed clear downgrades, but the are not so bad. I'd still pick Ribery over Coman, Muller/Robben is a toss-up, Rafinha had good performances as LB and both Martinez and Vidal starting probably wouldn't have happened anyway. Oh yeah, fingers crossed for Martinez :lol:

Where we're suffering the most are our substitutes, if this goes to extra time we could be subbing out Ribery/Martinez for Wagner/Tolisso while Real we'll be bringing in Benzema and Bale :?
Ich bin ein Feierbiest!
raz25
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Tue May 01, 2018 6:02 pm

#12 wrote:
MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:Even with a full squad I think 2:1 for RM would be too optimistic... More like maybe 7 or 8:1...
With our current squad I think 9:1 is too optimistic, too... Maybe like 5%...

I totally can't understand you. Probably one of your doomsday pessimistic posts as usual.

In any case, the players and hopefully the fans will keep on fighting and shouting respectively, even if it's looking less than 1%.

Dude what the feck is your problem? I was merely stating an opinion...
Do you always have to attribute opinions tgat differ from yours to a character trait I don’t even have? Does that make you feel better?

Question: Do you honestly think with the squad we’re fielding today we would advance in more than 1 game per 10 games played? I don’t... Regardless of Bayern, I think one in a hundred maybe has a chance to advance at the Bernabeu after a home loss... It almost happened to them in the last round... Do you really think it'll happen twice in a row? It’s just very very unlikely IMHO... Not completely and absolutely impossible, but as I said: it would be nothing less than the miracle of Madrid...

I don't hence why I said 10%. I think we would advance exactly once in 10.
1 in 100 is too low. Only an extreme pessimist can say that. If that's what you really think, you should bet your life's savings on Real Madrid going through. Marathon Bet are giving odds of 1.31. Which means that if you bet, say 100K, and RM do go through, you'd earn 31K. Not bad when you think your chance of winning is 99%.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Tue May 01, 2018 6:03 pm

I will not say what I think about this as it will just be branded "negative" and people will say "I'm on a crusade"... Instead I'll just ask why a post like this would never come up when we play Porto, Besiktas, Donetsk, etc.?

What I want to see is some Bayern Munich foam at the mouth...
We talked a lot again, even Ramos recognized that... Will we bring it to the field or will we play rabbit and snake like last year?
If we actually PLAY soccer by attacking and by defending solidly, "mia san mia" gets some meaning... If we play like last year and last week it’s just words...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Tue May 01, 2018 6:05 pm

raz25 wrote:I'd still pick Ribery over Coman, Muller/Robben is a toss-up

Couldn't disagree more. Coman is head and shoulders above Robbery. Coman's been, quite clearly, our best CL player this season.

Mueller is generally a better player than Robben, but Robben is better as a right winger.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Tue May 01, 2018 6:06 pm

MUTU wrote:I don't hence why I said 10%. I think we would advance exactly once in 10.
1 in 100 is too low. Only an extreme pessimist can say that. If that's what you really think, you should bet your life's savings on Real Madrid going through. Marathon Bet are giving odds of 1.31. Which means that if you bet, say 100K, and RM do go through, you'd earn 31K. Not bad when you think your chance of winning is 99%.

You do know I only bet when I'm 100% sure... That 1 in 100 was generally speaking... I'd see us somewhere in the 3/100 to 5/100 range... So about 1 in 20...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Tue May 01, 2018 6:06 pm

#12 wrote:I will not say what I think about this as it will just be branded "negative" and people will say "I'm on a crusade"... Instead I'll just ask why a post like this would never come up when we play Porto, Besiktas, Donetsk, etc.?

Simple, because Real Madrid have a better team than Porto, Besiktas and Donetsk.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Tue May 01, 2018 6:07 pm

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:I will not say what I think about this as it will just be branded "negative" and people will say "I'm on a crusade"... Instead I'll just ask why a post like this would never come up when we play Porto, Besiktas, Donetsk, etc.?

Simple, because Real Madrid have a better team than Porto, Besiktas and Donetsk.

I know... I handpicked them myself, you know... ;)
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Tue May 01, 2018 6:09 pm

#12 wrote:
MUTU wrote:I don't hence why I said 10%. I think we would advance exactly once in 10.

You do know I only bet when I'm 100% sure... That 1 in 100 was generally speaking... I'd see us somewhere in the 3/100 to 5/100 range... So about 1 in 20...

Why did you say 1% and now are saying 3-5%? What happened in the last few minutes that increased your perceived chances 5-fold, did Coman get announced to be in the XI? :lol:
Let me guess... you tried to be controversial as you like the attention? ;)
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue May 01, 2018 6:09 pm

#12 wrote:
MUTU wrote:

I know... I handpicked them myself, you know... ;)

Bayern don't need to play at 100% to progress past these clubs, but they need to be at 100% to get past Real Madrid.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue May 01, 2018 6:10 pm

aterford wrote:Sadly I have a hunch it'll be like Atletico or something......like we'll win 1-0 and go out on away goals #-o

I think we're going through.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby nm462272 » Tue May 01, 2018 6:11 pm

I was a big critic of him after the last game... but I am hoping for some Lewansowski redemption this week. Hey, if he wants a move, he should show his future employer he's worth it? 8)
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League