You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue May 01, 2018 7:45 pm

Real Madrid will win
6%
It will end in a draw
13%
Bayern Munich will win 1-0
3%
Bayern Munich will go through
78%

Total votes : 32

Re: [2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue May 01, 2018 11:31 am

With Carvajal ruled out and Nacho not fit enough, it is likely that Lucas will start as right back tonight
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby nm462272 » Tue May 01, 2018 11:33 am

MUTU wrote:Both BILD and Kicker are predicting Thiago to start and Tolisso on the bench.

I think it's a tactical mistake, but I hope I'm proven wrong
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby bastos80 » Tue May 01, 2018 11:33 am

YlonenXabi wrote:With Carvajal ruled out and Nacho not fit enough, it is likely that Lucas will start as right back tonight

Let's hope Ribéry can replicate that performance from last week and be a bit more effective...
Sané ---- Lewandowski ---- Gnabry
Davies - Thiago - Kimmich - Dest
Hernández -- Alaba -- Upamecano
--------------- Neuer ----------------
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue May 01, 2018 11:35 am

MUTU wrote:Realistically, I only see two formations:

or

I'm almost certain it will be the second. Heynckes is conservative and he is one of those coaches who likes having a set starting 11.

I don't think it's necessarily a bad choice in this case. Would be interesting to see some more experimenting as others have suggested (Tolisso instead of Müller).

P.S. imagine if he starts Rudy :lol:
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Tue May 01, 2018 11:36 am

bastos80 wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:With Carvajal ruled out and Nacho not fit enough, it is likely that Lucas will start as right back tonight

Let's hope Ribéry can replicate that performance from last week and be a bit more effective...

Thing is, I thought Ribéry performed better against Carvajal than against Lucas.

I wonder what's the plan with Ribéry if the match goes to extra time. There's no way he can last 120 minutes as was proven last week.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue May 01, 2018 11:38 am

MUTU wrote:
bastos80 wrote:

Thing is, I thought Ribéry performed better against Carvajal than against Lucas.

I wonder what's the plan with Ribéry if the match goes to extra time. There's no way he can last 120 minutes as was proven last week.

Well, he was also tired by then. Starting against him is different.

I would say the plan will be to bring on Wagner if we need a goal and a defensive substitution if we're defending a lead.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue May 01, 2018 11:40 am

The Ancelotti formation would be this (he chose by oldest players first):

Ulreich would be the only exception; he didn't like Starke, probably because he drank all his espresso.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bastos80 » Tue May 01, 2018 11:47 am

MUTU wrote:
bastos80 wrote:

Well, Ribéry was clinically dead after 65 minutes.
I guess Tolisso/Wagner will come on for him and James will move to the wing to feed them with crosses.
Sané ---- Lewandowski ---- Gnabry
Davies - Thiago - Kimmich - Dest
Hernández -- Alaba -- Upamecano
--------------- Neuer ----------------
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

Postby bmguy » Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

remember https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/12383 ... nt-Germain tolisso was insane that day. Maybe we had Coman who could tear apart PSG defense, now all we have is a 60 minute man Ribery. :roll:
bmguy
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Vietnam

Postby OhioFan » Tue May 01, 2018 12:40 pm

MUTU wrote:
OhioFan wrote:Praying for a miracle but pretty resigned to no final this tear. :cry:
Did you actually mean tear or year?

Year, although tear may be appropriate as well.

Thanks I edited the post. :oops:
Stay well brothers and sisters in this time of world peril.
No matter who or where you are, peace be with you.
OhioFan
2015/16 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue May 01, 2018 1:02 pm

Odds for a Bayern win tonight have dropped significatively :)
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Ed. » Tue May 01, 2018 1:07 pm

MUTU wrote:
bastos80 wrote:

Really astounded that this forum expects (nay demands) a repeat performance from Ribery.
He drove himself into the ground in that first leg and was done after 75 mins. Head and shoulders the best Bayern player.

There is no way a 35 yr old is able to repeat that performance on an away trip inside a week.
Also, there is no point in Ribery pacing himself. I'd rather he goes full throttle for 45 and be done. That's Bayern's best chance of getting goals since there is going to be 0 input from Muller on the other wing.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue May 01, 2018 1:19 pm

I don't think Ribery would have played the full 90 minutes in the first leg if we hadn't lost 2 subs in the first half.

As bastos pointed out, I expect either Tolisso or most likely Wagner to replace him around the 75min mark if we need to score and switch to 4-4-2 with Mueller and James providing crosses
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby nm462272 » Tue May 01, 2018 1:19 pm

MUTU wrote:
bastos80 wrote:

Really astounded that this forum expects (nay demands) a repeat performance from Ribery.
He drove himself into the ground in that first leg and was done after 75 mins. Head and shoulders the best Bayern player.

There is no way a 35 yr old is able to repeat that performance on an away trip inside a week.
Also, there is no point in Ribery pacing himself. I'd rather he goes full throttle for 45 and be done. That's Bayern's best chance of getting goals since there is going to be 0 input from Muller on the other wing.[/quote]

I tend to agree, that he played out of his mind last week (considering he's 35...) and that would be very hard to replicate... but I think the conditions are there for another great performance by him. Carvajal is out, Alaba is (hopefully) back, and he's a true competitor... probably knows this is his last shot for CL. I think Franck will be one of our big performers today. Whether or not that's enough... I guess that's a different story
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

[2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby #12 » Tue May 01, 2018 1:21 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Odds for a Bayern win tonight have dropped significatively :)

Doesn’t make sense now with even Javi doubtful...
Last edited by #12 on Tue May 01, 2018 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League