You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue May 01, 2018 7:45 pm

Real Madrid will win
6%
It will end in a draw
13%
Bayern Munich will win 1-0
3%
Bayern Munich will go through
78%

Total votes : 32

Re: [2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:19 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I just want to point out that a 2-1 win where we go to penalties, Ulreich saves Ronaldo's penalty and we meet Liverpool in the final, i.e. I dreamt the future, is not so unrealistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We will win 3-1
Wagner scoring in the extra time...
He will celebrate my showing his ass to penaldo

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:39 pm

MUTU wrote:
America USA wrote:Not even gonna bother watching this. Will just do my work at office instead.

If Jupp is smart he will try something totally new.
Don't know what's worse, your complete lack of balls or your doubt that Jupp is smart.

Come on MUTU! What’s that shit?
The ones that don’t have balls are those that refuse to face reality!!
And reality is: we’re not a top team, we lack players to beat top teams, we’re especially not a team to overturn home losses where we could’ve played 400hours and still not scored more - on fecking Navas!

Being realistic does not indicate having no balls, and even less so does being a ridiculous dreamer indicate having them... If anything, it’s the other way around! Don’t you feel ridiculous pulling the same shit every year over and over again - same outcome? You know about Einstein and insanity?
I mean if this were school I LITERALLY would sit the all down and talk to them how it’s nit ok to bully the poor little FC Bayern just because he’s smaller, doesn’t know where to find help and is and unable to defend himself...

Showing balls is accepting these facts...! Planning a better future! Instead, when people try to do that on here they get offended, they are told how they are ridiculous, all the while ignoring the living proof served to them every year!

By the by: THIS is the rallying calls thread I predicted weeks ago! Just like that! And oh yeah, none of those people here to acknowledge it...
Perspective is the key word here: cause this is not negativity, it’s demanding a more positive outlook on the future - which requires getting back to reality first...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:42 pm

America USA wrote:
MUTU wrote:
America USA wrote:Not even gonna bother watching this. Will just do my work at office instead.

If Jupp is smart he will try something totally new.
Don't know what's worse, your complete lack of balls or your doubt that Jupp is smart.

I’ll let that personal insult from an admin slide :roll:

Seriously though, can you blame me for not having confidence in Bayern anymore? Our record historically hasn’t been great at the Bernabeu and now we cannot even beat RM at our home stadium!

As for lacking balls, a lot of players lacked plenty of them yesterday. If Robert, Ribery, Thomas and Hummels had shown some in front of goal yesterday we would be having a totally different conversation today.

And with all due respect to Jupp, he has been abysmally stubborn with formations/tactics this tenure. Always has been the 4231 or the unstable 4141 for the last six months. Never tried a back three, never tried any version of 442 in the BL (when our main rivals Real/Barca have been playing 442 almost all season), never resting key players and never giving youth a chance (which is vital for a low spending club like Bayern)

Love Jupp and will always respect him but unfortunately he hasn’t been without fault this time.
100% with this. Jupp is a legend and we will always love him, but he *has* been stubborn as fuck.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:44 pm

MUTU wrote:I've never, ever, seen a coach with his hands tied so much during a big game. Injuries before the match and **THREE** during the match, ridding him of any chance of making a tactical change that wasn't enforced upon him. And was it Heynckes' fault the players missed the chances?

The problem is that we shouldn't have ever started in a 4141 formation. Jupp should experimented with new ideas a long time ago, but simply refused to do so and decided to stick to Robbery.

PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:50 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
MUTU wrote:I've never, ever, seen a coach with his hands tied so much during a big game. Injuries before the match and **THREE** during the match, ridding him of any chance of making a tactical change that wasn't enforced upon him. And was it Heynckes' fault the players missed the chances?

The problem is that we shouldn't have ever started in a 4141 formation. Jupp should experimented with new ideas a long time ago, but simply refused to do so and decided to stick to Robbery.

That's what I thought too, but until Robben got injured we were completely dominating Real Madrid, and we struggled when Thiago came on.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:53 pm

Yes, I had my doubts but I think Heynckes' tactics were spot on even after the two injuries in the first half.

We had our chances and Jupp's tactics cannot be blamed for not taking advantage of them. The one thing he can be criticised for is that we had no idea how to get past them once they parked the bus. Unfortunately that's nothing new with Jupp (not just with him but I think we struggled more with buses with Jupp)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:55 pm

Man, Robben got injured 5 minutes into the game :D
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:21 pm

MoFattal wrote:Man, Robben got injured 5 minutes into the game :D
And it was a shaky start to the match.

PunkCapitalist

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:19 pm

FiveThirthyEight must be smoking some heavy shit. I can't believe they're giving Bayern a 30% chance of making it to the final. It's too much.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:27 pm

MUTU wrote:FiveThirthyEight must be smoking some heavy shit. I can't believe they're giving Bayern a 30% chance of making it to the final. It's too much.

How much would you give us? I'd say it's not that exaggerated, maybe around 25%
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby raz25 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:29 pm

Why is it so hard for people to accept that Real are simply on a roll? Be it great performances against big teams, referee mistakes at opportune times or simply meeting opponents that are unable to convert their chances. It won't last forever, remember when they were Europe's laughing stock for being unable to get past the last 16 for like 7 consecutive seasons? I understand that it's easy to get emotional and just disregard the fact that we played 3 finals and 3 semi-finals in the previous 8 years, but here's another way to look at it. This could have easily been the actual final, just enjoy these last few days where you can still imagine all the scenarios on which we go through, and hey, who knows... :wink:

There are a lot of positives to take from last night, but for me the most pleasant one was that unlike last few seasons, I did not have a heart attack every time Madrid had the ball. We were in control start to finish, with or without Robben, with or without Boateng. We allowed them like 3 chances and they scored 2, at which point the team reacted naturally and assessed that we are playing a team that will probably score from their next half-chance. 1-3 or 2-3 would have been a much worse result, so I'm glad the team slowed down a bit, and even so we still created a couple more decent chances.

As for the return game, I place my hopes on our king. Unless God forbid he gets injured, with Carvajal possibly missing and Alaba there to do overlapping runs, we could possibly see an even better performance from him. Thiago should have a much better performance, mentally for him I think it was a big blow not starting yesterday. As for the rest of the players, I hope they can put in the same performance, except obviously an improved conversion rate wouldn't hurt. Psychologically, we have nothing to lose and everything to win. They won the damn thing two years in a row and they seem to win regardless of how we play, so it will be easy for them to get complacent. Scoring 2 goals before they do will be key in any case.

Also for people writing off Lewandowski, do you think he is worse player than the one that scored 4 against Real 5 years ago?
Ich bin ein Feierbiest!
raz25
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:32 pm

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:35 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
MUTU wrote:FiveThirthyEight must be smoking some heavy shit. I can't believe they're giving Bayern a 30% chance of making it to the final. It's too much.

How much would you give us? I'd say it's not that exaggerated, maybe around 25%

10% at most. Enough to keep on believing, IMO.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Aequitas1987 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:35 pm

I believe we will be in the game till the very end with a very plausible chance of a comeback upset win. It will be settled in the details by the 90th minute. As long as Robben & Alaba make it back for the match - we will have more than enough pace & chances (especially Ribery+Alaba) to score.

Match is far from over.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:43 pm

At the moment I'm at the gym (it's almost like a Real Madrid fan club), and something unusual is happening... Actually they act cocky after a win against us, but this time (probably they saw me that I'm still mad as fuck) they are the ones that saying me that we can still get them to a huge trouble in Madrid, and they soothe me a little bit.

This is something spectacular, really.

Send via carrier pigeon.
Last edited by IsiahRashad on Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League