You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.
 

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue May 01, 2018 7:45 pm

Real Madrid will win
2
6%
It will end in a draw
4
13%
Bayern Munich will win 1-0
1
3%
Bayern Munich will go through
25
78%
 
Total votes : 32

Re: [2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby #12 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:42 am

MUTU wrote:
tflags wrote:
#12 wrote:What good is a good fight with the wrong result? Only more pain...


Those who think they will not win have lost already. And the answer is, because this team is not made up of losers. You might be, but don't count us in.

Image


That’d only be a burn if it was true... They are losers... They will lose their SEVENTH game in a row vs. RM on Tuesday... S E V E N - and three of those were home games...

The way I see it winners face reality at some point and losers kid themselves...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 22679
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1144 times
Been thanked: 5253 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:50 am

Can't be seventh. Bayern won last season second leg. Extra time was held to determine who progresses because... Bayern won the second leg else there wouldn't need be for extra time.
User avatar
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 6658
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:46 pm
Location: Malta
Has thanked: 2182 times
Been thanked: 1720 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby #12 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:58 am

Well If tgat the technicality you choose, fine by me... 6 losses in 8 games sound better?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 22679
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1144 times
Been thanked: 5253 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby kod2600 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:01 am

I agree with all of you.
I agree with the pessimists and the optimists.
I agree that our players had no balls 1st leg.
I agree with lost our character in advanced rounds lately.
I agree that Lewandowski and Muller should step their game up.
I agree that our management is shit and should've handled the Robbery replacements properly (and few years ago)
I agree we have a slim chance to advance.
I can also agree with #12 that we're not advnacing
But I agree with MUTU and the others that we should watch and believe.


I agreed with myself that I should watch with high expectations of failure. But as a Bayern fan, I can only believe. I will always believe,
Last edited by kod2600 on Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
User avatar
kod2600
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2013
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:57 pm
Location: Palestine
National Flag:
Palestine
Has thanked: 305 times
Been thanked: 1054 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby tflags » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:01 am

#12 wrote:losers kid themselves...


They are called supporters. They go to stadiums in the freezing hours and shout to their teams at the top of their lungs on a lost game that will see them relegated.

I left the game vs Madrid before the whistle and the team was losing because I needed to catch a flight a few hours later. I never felt so low in my life and every time I read you that reminds me of that moment.

Supporters are what makes them different from plastic fans looking for a cheap thrill and some bragging rights. You oughta be ashamed of what you right. I understand the hotheads; you I don't get.
tflags

 

Re: [2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby #12 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:15 am

tflags wrote:
#12 wrote:losers kid themselves...


They are called supporters. They go to stadiums in the freezing hours and shout to their teams at the top of their lungs on a lost game that will see them relegated.

I left the game vs Madrid before the whistle and the team was losing because I needed to catch a flight a few hours later. I never felt so low in my life and every time I read you that reminds me of that moment.

Supporters are what makes them different from plastic fans looking for a cheap thrill and some bragging rights. You oughta be ashamed of what you right. I understand the hotheads; you I don't get.


Don’t tell me about that kind of stuff - I've been there... And sometimes I still am - but I cannot make it with work and whatnot...

Thing is: there’s only so many years of ball scratching by Dummenigge and Honemess and collapsing when it counts by our "winners" I can take...
I’ve lost faith in (most of) these tools...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 22679
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1144 times
Been thanked: 5253 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby MoFattal » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:30 am

Good to see some increasing support and optimism over the past few days. This has made me more hopeful. Still, my mind tells me we're not going through, and will probably draw/lose.
User avatar
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 11783
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:48 am
National Flag:
Lebanon
Has thanked: 5052 times
Been thanked: 2707 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby tflags » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:31 am

#12 wrote:Dummenigge and Honemess


See, I became a fan of the team after years of watching Germany and I saw him come on and play, injured, and never give up. He beat France, on extended time on a lost game against all odds, on the world's most remembered match ever. He's a winner and deserves respect. You don't.
tflags

 

[2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby #12 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:38 am

tflags wrote:
#12 wrote:Dummenigge and Honemess


See, I became a fan of the team after years of watching Germany and I saw him come on and play, injured, and never give up. He beat France, on extended time on a lost game against all odds, on the world's most remembered match ever. He's a winner and deserves respect. You don't.


Who are you talking about?
Respect is fine... And I'm not forgetting: Hoeness built this club, he gave us a lot!

But true respect is due, when, towards the end, you don’t use your ass to tear down everything you built with your hands and hard work over years... See: Philipp Lahm!
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 22679
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1144 times
Been thanked: 5253 times
Gender: Male

[2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:43 am

MaCk0y wrote:Can't be seventh. Bayern won last season second leg. Extra time was held to determine who progresses because... Bayern won the second leg else there wouldn't need be for extra time.

As I pointed out elsewhere:
- If the result once 90 minutes are up is what should determine whether it's a win or loss for these purposes (IMO it should), then we won last year.
- If the final result beyond the 90 minutes is used, we won in 2012.

This 6 losses in a row which people keep throwing around is unfair because it chooses the option which favours RM in each case.
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 39497
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 13165 times
Been thanked: 10387 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby #12 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:47 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
MaCk0y wrote:Can't be seventh. Bayern won last season second leg. Extra time was held to determine who progresses because... Bayern won the second leg else there wouldn't need be for extra time.

As I pointed out elsewhere:
- If the result after 90 minutes is what should determine whether it's a win or loss for these purposes (IMO it should), then we won last year.
- If the final result after 90 minutes is used, we won in 2012.

This 6 losses in a row which people keep throwing around is unfair because it chooses the option which favours RM in each case.


There’s something twisted in there

As I said 2 out of 8 is not really much better
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 22679
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1144 times
Been thanked: 5253 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:59 am

#12 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
MaCk0y wrote:Can't be seventh. Bayern won last season second leg. Extra time was held to determine who progresses because... Bayern won the second leg else there wouldn't need be for extra time.

As I pointed out elsewhere:
- If the result after 90 minutes is what should determine whether it's a win or loss for these purposes (IMO it should), then we won last year.
- If the final result after 90 minutes is used, we won in 2012.

This 6 losses in a row which people keep throwing around is unfair because it chooses the option which favours RM in each case.


There’s something twisted in there

As I said 2 out of 8 is not really much better

What do you mean?

I don't really care much for these things, I just thought I would point out that it doesn't quite make sense. At the end of the day, even if you want to accept that it's 6 consecutive losses, does anyone really care about the loss in 2012? :)
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 39497
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 13165 times
Been thanked: 10387 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby #12 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:14 pm

You wrote 90 minutes both times ;)

I was actually doing it not to favor RM but because I tend to exclude penalties... By that standard we lost em both, but yeah 120 mins is not 90 so we probably should take the results after 90... Either way... Our record against them kinda reads like, say Schalke's, against us...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 22679
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1144 times
Been thanked: 5253 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby Hardrade » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:20 pm

MoFattal wrote:Good to see some increasing support and optimism over the past few days. This has made me more hopeful. Still, my mind tells me we're not going through, and will probably draw/lose.


So, it’s great that we turned positive so that you don’t feel like kicking a man when he’s down when you come with more negative stuff? Is there anyone here not obsessed about being right against all odds?
Image
User avatar
Hardrade
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1346
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:27 pm
Location: Belgrade
National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro
Has thanked: 282 times
Been thanked: 897 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby MUTU » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:34 pm

#12 wrote:You wrote 90 minutes both times ;)

I was actually doing it not to favor RM but because I tend to exclude penalties... By that standard we lost em both, but yeah 120 mins is not 90 so we probably should take the results after 90... Either way... Our record against them kinda reads like, say Schalke's, against us...
What is your point, #12? Should the players just give a walkover in your opinion and not even play the match? Or should the supporters not visit the Bernabeu and support their club? You are the exact definition of a glory hunter.

I ask you to listen well to the lyrics of Stern des Suedens. There's something there about good and bad times.

It's a good thing you're German. Would be weird if you were Maltese like myself. You would be really sad every time the national team is playing a match.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 45484
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8335 times
Been thanked: 13150 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests