You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.
 

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue May 01, 2018 7:45 pm

Real Madrid will win
2
6%
It will end in a draw
4
13%
Bayern Munich will win 1-0
1
3%
Bayern Munich will go through
25
78%
 
Total votes : 32

Re: [2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby #12 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:32 pm

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:
MUTU wrote:Final offer: Until the first competitive match starts. Remember it's far more likely you will win this bet.
Agreed with getting the slap to be done via a proxy? :) Hopefully someone with strong hands haha


It is - but I've also been right for a few years and gotten a lot of shit for it...

But I'm willing to budge an inch in the specifics: I'll make sure it’s a guy and he will use his strong hand...

OK, so... virtual shake of hands from my end.


Deal!

(Just to be clear: July 1st 2018 - June 30th 2019?)
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 22806
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1155 times
Been thanked: 5281 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby #12 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:33 pm

Oh and also are you planning on publicizing the video? Cause it'd have to be blurred by all means in that case!
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 22806
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1155 times
Been thanked: 5281 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby MUTU » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:34 pm

#12 wrote:(Just to be clear: July 1st 2018 - June 30th 2019?)

Huh? No... didn't you see my final offer part?

From Wednesday morning to the day before the DFL-Supercup 2018.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 45562
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8366 times
Been thanked: 13216 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby America USA » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:34 pm

I thought about this but in all of our recent defeats to RM, they never really opened us up defensively.

They have scored on counters, set pieces and off defensive mistakes (Boateng failing to mark Ronaldo last year in the second leg, Neuer letting the ball slip between his legs in Munich last year and Ulreich failing to do better against Marcelo’s goal)

Plus many La Liga teams have hurt RM on the break at the Bernabeu. The strategy has to be staying compact defensively and scoring on the break against them, that’s how Kimmich got his goal as well. Yes with Varane, Marcelo and Nacho in their defense, it will be tough to outrun them but that is the best chance Bayern can have.

RM press high under Zidane and if you can somehow put a long ball beyond that press then you catch their fullbacks and Casemiro up high and can capitalize on it.

I hope Jupp doesn’t tell Bayern to go hung ho at the beginning pouring everyone forward and leaving us open to RM’s counters. Also please no possession based passing game. It has to be direct quick-passing vertical football in the second leg.

This would be my starting eleven:
Last edited by America USA on Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
America USA
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3486
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 611 times
Been thanked: 1055 times

Re: [2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby MUTU » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:34 pm

#12 wrote:Oh and also are you planning on publicizing the video? Cause it'd have to be blurred by all means in that case!

No problem with blurring. But there needs to be proof that you're #12 from BayernForum so people are convinced it's you.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 45562
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8366 times
Been thanked: 13216 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby #12 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:38 pm

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:(Just to be clear: July 1st 2018 - June 30th 2019?)

Huh? No... didn't you see my final offer part?

From Wednesday morning to the day before the DFL-Supercup 2018.


Full season or no deal!
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 22806
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1155 times
Been thanked: 5281 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby MUTU » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:38 pm

America USA wrote:I thought about this but in all of our recent defeats to RM, they never really opened us up defensively.

They have scored on counters, set pieces and off defensive mistakes (Boateng failing to mark Ronaldo last year in the second leg, Neuer letting the ball slip between his legs in Munich last year and Ulreich failing to do better against Marcelo’s goal)

Plus many La Liga teams have hurt RM on the break at the Bernabeu. The strategy has to be staying compact defensively and scoring on the break against them, that’s how Kimmich got his goal as well. Yes with Varane, Marcelo and Nacho in their defense, it will be tough to outrun them but that is the best chance Bayern can have.

RM press high under Zidane and if you can somehow put a long ball beyond that press then you catch their fullbacks and Casemiro up high and can capitalize on it.

I hope Jupp doesn’t tell Bayern to go hung ho at the beginning pouring everyone forward and leaving us open to RM’s counters. Also please no possession based passing game. It has to be direct quick-passing vertical football in the second leg.

This would be my starting eleven:

Forget it. The only way Lewandowski is not starting is if he gets injured.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 45562
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8366 times
Been thanked: 13216 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby MUTU » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:39 pm

#12 wrote:
MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:(Just to be clear: July 1st 2018 - June 30th 2019?)

Huh? No... didn't you see my final offer part?

From Wednesday morning to the day before the DFL-Supercup 2018.


Full season or no deal!

You're 100% sure you're going to win. That's as much as I'm willing to budge. If you don't agree, no deal :(
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 45562
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8366 times
Been thanked: 13216 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby #12 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:40 pm

MUTU wrote:You're 100% sure you're going to win. That's as much as I'm willing to budge. If you don't agree, no deal :(


Of course I am, I'd never bet if I wasn’t... Doesn’t mean I have to give it away...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 22806
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1155 times
Been thanked: 5281 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby MUTU » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:43 pm

#12 wrote:
MUTU wrote:You're 100% sure you're going to win. That's as much as I'm willing to budge. If you don't agree, no deal :(


Of course I am, I'd never bet if I wasn’t... Doesn’t mean I have to give it away...

My final offer is absolutely non-negotiable. Take it or leave it. :coffee:

Also, you gave me a good idea should you not take the bet :mrgreen:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 45562
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8366 times
Been thanked: 13216 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby America USA » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:43 pm

MUTU wrote:Forget it. The only way Lewandowski is not starting is if he gets injured.

Noticed something today, Wagner showed decent pace for a 6’4” big man today. The Polish CF has been useless on counters too (if I’m not mistaken) in recent years.

Plus Wagner would be able to physically matchup with Ramos and Varane and not get bullied like Robert.
Last edited by America USA on Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
America USA
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3486
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 611 times
Been thanked: 1055 times

Re: [2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby MUTU » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:45 pm

America USA wrote:
MUTU wrote:Forget it. The only way Lewandowski is not starting is if he gets injured.

Noticed something today, Wagner showed decent pace for a 6’4” big man today. The Polish CF has been useless on counters too (if I’m not mistaken) in recent years.

Plus Wagner would be able to physically matchup with Ramos and Varane and not get bullied like Robert.

There is no chance that Lewandowski is not starting providing he is fit.
If Wagner somehow starts, it would be in conjunction with Lewandowski, not instead of him.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 45562
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8366 times
Been thanked: 13216 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby #12 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:46 pm

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:
MUTU wrote:You're 100% sure you're going to win. That's as much as I'm willing to budge. If you don't agree, no deal :(


Of course I am, I'd never bet if I wasn’t... Doesn’t mean I have to give it away...

My final offer is absolutely non-negotiable. Take it or leave it. :coffee:

Also, you gave me a good idea should you not take the bet :mrgreen:


I think I deserve that title more than being slapped in the face so no deal...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 22806
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1155 times
Been thanked: 5281 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby MUTU » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:47 pm

If you thought Bayern rested a lot of players, check this out...

Can't see tweet? Click here!

... they even rested Navas!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 45562
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8366 times
Been thanked: 13216 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby America USA » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:47 pm

MUTU wrote:My final offer is absolutely non-negotiable. Take it or leave it. :coffee:

#12 is willing to come out of internet anonymity. He is that damn confident. I think he deserves his pound of flesh, give him what he’s asking for when Real Madrid eliminates Bayern on Tuesday.
User avatar
America USA
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3486
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 611 times
Been thanked: 1055 times

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests