You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue May 01, 2018 7:45 pm

Real Madrid will win
6%
It will end in a draw
13%
Bayern Munich will win 1-0
3%
Bayern Munich will go through
78%

Total votes : 32

Re: [2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:58 pm

#12 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Machiavellico wrote:You forget how shit Real is in home games.

It's worth noting that in our last two encounters (the ones they eliminated us in) we got an equal or better result away.

Erm... We lost 1-0 true... and 4-2, which os not really better...

I'm not saying we did well but it's not a foregone conclusion we will get a worse result than the first leg.

Within 90 minutes last year we won 2-1 which was a better result than at home. What happened after is hard to compare as we didn't play as long at home, not to mention the refereeing, which, whether you think we should have lost anyway or not, definitely determined that scoreline.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Machiavellico » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:32 pm

America USA wrote:It is true that Real have been vulnerable at the Bernabeu the entire season but still Bayern will need an Early goal to silence that “ASI ASI ASI Gana El Madrid” chanting crowd and put pressure on their players.

Also I cannot see Bayern containing their midfield for the second time at their place and then there’s CR7 to deal with.

Why?? For the life of me I can't understand this point. "We need an early goal otherwise we're completely out". ?????? why is an early goal more important than a goal in the 75th minute? I don't really recall Manchester United scoring an early goal in THAT final - yet they still had it their way in the end. I don't really recall getting an early goal against Juventus in THAT second leg in Munchen.

This is the sort of thinking that got us battered against them in 2014. I'd rather see the team take a more cautious approach(especially given their prowess on counter attacks) and not concede early goal(s) that will definitely see the players go down mentally.

PE14
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Romania

Postby America USA » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:01 pm

Machiavellico wrote:
America USA wrote:It is true that Real have been vulnerable at the Bernabeu the entire season but still Bayern will need an Early goal to silence that “ASI ASI ASI Gana El Madrid” chanting crowd and put pressure on their players.

Also I cannot see Bayern containing their midfield for the second time at their place and then there’s CR7 to deal with.

Why?? For the life of me I can't understand this point. "We need an early goal otherwise we're completely out". ?????? why is an early goal more important than a goal in the 75th minute? I don't really recall Manchester United scoring an early goal in THAT final - yet they still had it their way in the end. I don't really recall getting an early goal against Juventus in THAT second leg in Munchen.

This is the sort of thinking that got us battered against them in 2014. I'd rather see the team take a more cautious approach(especially given their prowess on counter attacks) and not concede early goal(s) that will definitely see the players go down mentally.

This could be true. Keep it 0-0 till the 80th minute and then score the first goal but then you only have ten-fifteen minutes to score the second and when the need arises, RM can park the bus pretty damn good!
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:49 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
#12 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:[quote="Machiavellico"]You forget how shit Real is in home games.

It's worth noting that in our last two encounters (the ones they eliminated us in) we got an equal or better result away.

Erm... We lost 1-0 true... and 4-2, which os not really better...

I'm not saying we did well but it's not a foregone conclusion we will get a worse result than the first leg.

Within 90 minutes last year we won 2-1 which was a better result than at home. What happened after is hard to compare as we didn't play as long at home, not to mention the refereeing, which, whether you think we should have lost anyway or not, definitely determined that scoreline.[/quote]

Fair enough - but, by all means: don’t you think we were very lucky getting that result in the first place?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:59 pm

Definitely less lucky than Real Madrid were in the first leg.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:08 pm

MUTU wrote:Definitely less lucky than Real Madrid were in the first leg.

No... Cause they actually shot on our goal... Also they were seriously partaking in the game... And they know how to defend...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:12 pm

#12 wrote:

No... Cause they actually shot on our goal... Also they were seriously partaking in the game... And they know how to defend...
Compare the stats, then talk.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:16 pm

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:

Compare the stats, then talk.

Watch the games, then talk...

You cannot seriously think we deserved that 2-1... We were going there with the same rallying calls as we are this year - so it is to be expected to try and score... We didn’t, and somehow ended up with 2 goals...

Either way, even if it was lucky, you’re mire or less saying that all there is left for us is dumb luck - isn’t that pathetic for a big club like us?
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Machiavellico » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:22 pm

#12 wrote:

You cannot seriously think we deserved that 2-1... We were going there with the same rallying calls as we are this year - so it is to be expected to try and score... We didn’t, and somehow ended up with 2 goals...

Either way, even if it was lucky, you’re mire or less saying that all there is left for us is dumb luck - isn’t that pathetic for a big club like us?

You have to admit though that the situation is far from identical with last year's. That was Ancelotti's Bayern. This is Jupp's. While it's not the 2013 one, it's still superior to last year's team. And you can argue the reverse about Real. They were really dominant last year. This year, you could see how it's not the same.

PE14
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Romania

[2018-05-01] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby #12 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:25 pm

Machiavellico wrote:
#12 wrote:

You have to admit though that the situation is far from identical with last year's. That was Ancelotti's Bayern. This is Jupp's. While it's not the 2013 one, it's still superior to last year's team. And you can argue the same about Real. They were really dominant last year. This year, you could see how it's not the same.

Yeah... But we wouldn’t turn a home loss around anywhere, let alone at RM...
That’s what I'm saying!

When have we last lost the first leg and still proceeded? I think Basel... But yeah, Basel...
And the return leg was at home
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:26 pm

#12 wrote:Watch the games, then talk...

No, you watch. Actually let me show you.

Look at the first action (1:55). Two shots for Bayern, one of them saved by a sliding tackle by Marcelo who put his back in.

Just that action alone is already AT LEAST equivalent to half the chances that Real Madrid had 3 days ago.

BONUS: take a look at 5:25.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:27 pm

I'm gonna opt out of this discussion here as I don’t have Bayern glasses here right now...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Machiavellico » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:30 pm

#12 wrote:Yeah... But we wouldn’t turn a home loss around anywhere, let alone at RM...
That’s what I'm saying!

When have we last lost the first leg and still proceeded? I think Basel... But yeah, Basel...

When has Barcelona won 4-1 and still got knocked out? Stuff happens. The only question is about whether we're able to make it happen or not. And you can't really sit there and say it's impossible to make it. Others have done it before. And even with your whole crusade revolving around the fact that we're not a top team anymore, do you really believe this team is completely unable to pull some magic out of a hidden hat?

PE14
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Romania

Postby MUTU » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:32 pm

#12 wrote:I'm gonna opt out of this discussion here as I don’t have Bayern glasses here right now...

Is the same video at 5:25 also not a good chance? Goalkeeper totally beaten, Marcelo clears it off the line.

We probably had more bigger scoring chances in the 2nd leg last year than we had last Wednesday lol
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:33 pm

Machiavellico wrote:
#12 wrote:Yeah... But we wouldn’t turn a home loss around anywhere, let alone at RM...
That’s what I'm saying!

When has Barcelona won 4-1 and still got knocked out? Stuff happens. The only question is about whether we're able to make it happen or not. And you can't really sit there and say it's impossible to make it. Others have done it before. And even with your whole crusade revolving around the fact that we're not a top team anymore, do you really believe this team is completely unable to pull some magic out of a hidden hat?

Yes I do!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League