You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-04-18] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:45 pm

Real Madrid will win
14%
It will end in a draw
11%
Bayern Munich will win
75%

Total votes : 44

Re: [2017-04-18] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby JANCKER » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:36 pm

ramsej84 wrote:By the way yest I saw some comments from italian football fans.
They were bashing Kalle both for his inter past and for what he said last season after the games vs Juve. He is reported to have said that "big clubs do not complain about the Refs"!
TBH I don't remember any controversial decisions! If there were any I am sure that they were nothing compared to what we witnessed last Tue.
Our italian friends also mentioned the Klose goal vs Fiorentina in 2010!

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

All true... but they didn't mention the times we were damaged vs them. That Klose goal was a huge mofo offside.
JANCKER

Postby #12 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:39 pm

They were bashing Kalle both for his inter past and for what he said last season after the games vs Juve. He is reported to have said that "big clubs do not complain about the Refs"!
TBH I don't remember any controversial decisions! If there were any I am sure that they were nothing compared to what we witnessed last Tue.

They scored a goal that was not credited (offside?)
Think it was Cuadrado?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:48 pm

#12 wrote:What are you trying to say with that gibberish?
There is one simple solution to all of this: video assistant... They will start implementing it in four months, we'll see how the game will change... Hopefully not much and decisions will be more just and fair in the future...
But the whole "it's a waste of time", "it's all fixed", "corrupt" and whatnot shit is just too much... We have the head of the ECA in our very club - you think he'd allow that?
It's perfectly fine to be mad and sad, to feel like it's the ref's fault as well... But guess what? Sportsmanship is to accept this for as long as it's in the rulebooks in this way - in defeat as well as in victory!
Cause I can tell you what: while many here in Germany acknowledge that the ref was not in our favor, we're seen as exactly that: sulky crybabies unable to take a defeat!

but there wasn't one or two ''mistakes'' there were much more ... and I am certain that the mistakes were deliberate !
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:01 pm

Juve had a correct goal ruled offside IIRC. I remember Rummenigge saying that.

It was a bit of a game changer but it was one mistake. This was a whole series.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MoFattal » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:16 pm

Juve had a goal ruled offside, but then they still managed to score after that incident. This is nowhere near what happened to us. Anyhow, what's done is done. Hopefully all the attention caused by this horrendous refereeing would be the catalyst of introducing video assistance.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby JANCKER » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:17 pm

JANCKER

Postby JANCKER » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:18 pm

Wtf is this? Carlo was robbed.

JANCKER

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:40 pm

There is one simple solution to all of this: video assistant... They will start implementing it in four months, we'll see how the game will change... Hopefully not much and decisions will be more just and fair in the future...
But the whole "it's a waste of time", "it's all fixed", "corrupt" and whatnot shit is just too much... We have the head of the ECA in our very club - you think he'd allow that?
It's perfectly fine to be mad and sad, to feel like it's the ref's fault as well... But guess what? Sportsmanship is to accept this for as long as it's in the rulebooks in this way - in defeat as well as in victory!
Cause I can tell you what: while many here in Germany acknowledge that the ref was not in our favor, we're seen as exactly that: sulky crybabies unable to take a defeat!

So politically correct as usual

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby pyrasur » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:43 pm

True. Kalle said this is the first time he is mad, but it makes s mockery to complain now when we put the finger to the mouth last year.

But this was so many decisions. Vidal getting sent off sucked, but to get sucker punched with two offside goals when our team did so bravely and we'll even with ten was a mockery to Hummels and Boateng and Neuer who played through injury. They might as well not have shown up if we were just going to get cheated anyway.

Sportsmanship assumes a fair game. This was a joke.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:46 pm

pyrasur wrote:

True. Kalle said this is the first time he is mad, but it makes s mockery to complain now when we put the finger to the mouth last year.

But this was so many decisions. Vidal getting sent off sucked, but to get sucker punched with two offside goals when our team did so bravely and we'll even with ten was a mockery to Hummels and Boateng and Neuer who played through injury. They might as well not have shown up if we were just going to get cheated anyway.

Juve has grounds to be angry at the refereeing last year, obviously not like us this year, but they did have grounds.

Kalle should have STFU last year, or be a gentleman and recognize that we got a lot of luck against Juve (both in refereeing and in other senses).

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:48 pm

JANCKER wrote:Wtf is this? Carlo was robbed.

Photoshop right?

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby SrLuisGuilherme » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:51 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
JANCKER wrote:Wtf is this? Carlo was robbed.

Photoshop right?

no :lol:
SrLuisGuilherme
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby RB624 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:07 pm

Regarding the video assistant referee, it isn't going to stop certain "false positives". In other words it can fix missed calls, but it can't adequately fix wrong calls. For instance, if someone scores a goal, the VAR can check and make sure he was onside and everything was legal, etc. However if someone is incorrectly deemed offside, that would be difficult to fix unless the goal comes before the referee's whistle.

Most incorrect offside calls do not result in disallowed goals. They result in a stoppage of play before a player even shoots the ball. And even if the whistle comes after the shot but before the ball entering the net, the goalkeeper may've stopped trying to save the ball, as the play was dead at the whistle. And in most cases the whistle blow long before the offense even has a chance to shoot. For instance, the whistle will blow when the forward gets the ball, alone, with only the goalkeeper to beat. There is no way that you can adequately fix mistaken calls of that nature. What could you do, give him a penalty kick? Even if he was in the penalty area at the time of the whistle, that would seem extreme.

The NFL had this problem for years, and though they've improved it, the problem still exists. They've changed their rules to allow some continuation of play after the whistle, but it really doesn't work. Football would have to try the same thing and have referees ignore the linesman flag until...when? Until the ball goes out of play? Until the attack is deemed stopped? And what if it was offside at that point? Do you bring the ball back to the spot of the offside even though the match continued for a minute of two afterward?

None of these are good solutions. So VAR definitely isn't going to be the answer to everyone's prayers.
RB624
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:21 pm

The system they're trying right now is to check plays/drives that had an effect on goal(s) - meaning: there will be no offside if the ref is not 100% sure... Take the 2-2 this week: Cristina's goal would be annulled, Manu would bring the ball back in the game - 2-1...

pyrasur wrote:

See I agree with that last sentence... But we see these offside decisions EVERY week... Literally! So while I basically agree with everything you say, and while we were definitely overall handed a disadvantage... We at least have no proof the game was fixed... There have been quite a few outlets weighing the wrong decisions and while they all acknowledge a bad ref and disadvantages for Bayern, none saw a one-sided and especially deliberately wrong refereeing...

ramsej84 wrote:

So politically correct as usual

What's it got to do with political correctness if I don't think a game with a - shit ass - ref is fixed?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ottackon » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:10 pm

Kassai, the son of a bitch, is suspended by UEFA

ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League