You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-04-13] PSG vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:00 pm

Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will go through to the semis after 90 minutes
39%
Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will go through to the semis after extra time
4%
Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will go through to the semis on penalties
No votes
Bayern Munich will go through to the semis on penalties
4%
Bayern Munich will go through to the semis after extra time
13%
Bayern Munich will go through to the semis after 90 minutes
39%

Total votes : 23

Re: [2021-04-13] PSG vs Bayern Munich

Postby America USA » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:37 pm

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:
MUTU wrote:Whaaaaaaaaat?
He's right.
Imo neuer and sane costed us the semi finals

So what? Kahn also had a similar mistake against Real Madrid, but he is not remembered by history by that singular mistake.

Messi missed a one on one against Neuer in a World Cup final (considerably more important than the first 2 mins of the first leg of a CL quarterfinal), and I'm pretty sure that when people mention Messi in 20 years' time it won't be that miss that will first pop up in people's minds.

There is no way any sane person will ever remember Neuer by that mistake against PSG. But yes, there are some insane people in this world I guess.

I'm not saying Neuer's entire legacy will be judged by that one mistake. That's preposterous. Neuer is a German legend and his heroic performances have saved Bayern and the German National team on many occasions.

Despite that when we look back at Neuer's career this mistake will always be a dark spot. Neuer could see Mbappe, had the goal covered but let the ball slip between his legs. For a best in the world GK that is a must make save but he let everyone (and himself) down. That single goal changed the complexion of the tie, PSG go up and can wait to counter while Bayern are on the backfoot right from the get go and must try to comeback

------

For absolute legends like Kahn and Neuer I agree that their legacies will remain intact despite some major mistakes. However Ulreich will always be remembered for his Real Madrid error because that was his moment to shine but he screwed it up.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:43 pm

Lol i think this mistake is way to overrated. The team had 31 shots after, enough clear chances to make it 7-3. But they didnt. IF i think of Neuer i think of incredible saves and his running out of his goal. This thing vs Mbappe i will have forgotten next season in the CL again. He won the triple 2 times, if people remember him for a conceded goal, it tells you enough about those people.

I have a feeling he anticipated him shooting it towards the far forner and dont forget it was slippery as hell, so shit happens. Its just unfair to blame 1 person alone for the outcome of a game. Its not like Bayern was without a chance after..
Ottomeister87
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:43 pm

In the only top match of Ulreich's career, he fucked up. That's why he will be remembered by his mistake.

Neuer has done marvellous saves in much more important matches that the CL QFs, case in point the CL final against PSG themselves.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:51 pm

But we all know how we will remember Starke! That face saving penalty :lol: :lol:
Ottomeister87
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:15 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:But we all know how we will remember Starke! That face saving penalty :lol: :lol:

Ah there were many funny incidents with Tom Starke. There was him drinking coffee at half time, or hitting Pep Guardiola. But that penalty save with his face is definitely in the top 3 :)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Previous

Return to UEFA Champions League