You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-04-13] PSG vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:00 pm

Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will go through to the semis after 90 minutes
39%
Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will go through to the semis after extra time
4%
Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will go through to the semis on penalties
No votes
Bayern Munich will go through to the semis on penalties
4%
Bayern Munich will go through to the semis after extra time
13%
Bayern Munich will go through to the semis after 90 minutes
39%

Total votes : 23

Re: [2021-04-13] PSG vs Bayern Munich

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:28 am

Awax wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:Sure Kimmich is all Thiago would dream of being

That was a very dumb comment indeed

Oh and happy bday homie
Ugh I was hoping for Birthday present from Bayern but didn't get it :(
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby vtotheinay » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:33 am

fuck neymar man. what kind of bullshit is this. everyone at bayern complimented them and flick even said a lot of kind stuff about him in the pre match presser

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Can't see tweet? Click here!
vtotheinay
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby munchen99 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:47 am

zozon wrote:
aterford wrote:Is there some other midfielder who's better than Roca that we could have bought who would have changed things - who is that?

I'm starting to think that Roca is in the same boat as Lucas. And I bet he can shine when given consistency.

Flick doesnt care about Roca, it wasnt his buy. And I'm tired of this "let him rot on the bench for no reason" attitude, I'm sure Brazzo is also!

100% Flick is being an ass. We all know Roca has talent, but he isn't given the chance to perform and put in consistent week in week out effort. 2 years before everyone was excited about him being a great 40 million euro buy. We didn't get him and bought him a year later for 10 million then the coach puts him on the bench all season... what a moron.
munchen99
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby bartsch » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:53 am

A lot of people down on Davies, and as a fellow Canadian I’ll explain something. In hockey we have something called “the sophomore slump” when after a breakout season, a guy has a less-than following season. It’s very typical, especially at a young age. The best thing to do is not allow it to affect them between the ears.
bartsch
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:54 am

munchen99 wrote:100% Flick is being an ass. We all know Roca has talent, but he isn't given the chance to perform and put in consistent week in week out effort. 2 years before everyone was excited about him being a great 40 million euro buy. We didn't get him and bought him a year later for 10 million then the coach puts him on the bench all season... what a moron.

I was happy that we bought him but:

1- He is currently injured
2- He hasn't played particularly well when given the chance
3- We bought him from Spanish 2nd Division and apart from Atletico no other team seemed to be interested in him

When we bought Lucas we knew we were getting a world class defender, but Marc Roca is just a talent who may or may not become a good player.
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Ed. » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:45 am

The criticism of Coman & Sane is warranted but in the case of Coman, it's really unfair to question his quality and class.
He didn't have a great game yesterday but he has delivered the goods in big games in the past and has that ability in him. ALso, he plays and links up well with Lewandowski, so that was a factor too.

Sane, however...I've seen enough now.
Not a big game player and Guardiola knew exactly what he was doing in letting him go, since he saw the potential for Mahrez to be twice the player Sane is and that is being proven right now.

When Sane beats his man, which is happening rarely, he just can't pick the right pass. In defence he is non-existent, never tracking back except for maybe the last action of the game and I'd bet he lost every 50-50 tackle for a loose ball yesterday.

What has made me make up my mind is the 2 instances (atleast) where Kimmich played diagonals at pace , that went out of touch and looked like they were overhit, but they were not. The problem was Sane was on his heels both times, instead of picking his head up and being on the move as soon as he sees Kimmich load up. This is f%cking stuff they teach you at amateur level. You could see Kimmich was frustrated as well but he kept quite. If you can control that quick ball and direct it behind the defender, it opens up the play. Robben was always asking it for it to be played faster and harder to him. If you're going to just stand there and wait for the ball, well then the only thing you can do when you get it is pass it sideways or back.

If predict he will be sold in 2 seasons. He'll get another chance next season. He may have some physical issues impeding him but I don't see the desire to be the worlds best and enjoy the big games that was evident with Robben and Ribery.

Sane, out for me...
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bmguy » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:09 am

I dont remember the last time our wingers score a goal. Flick made a mistake to sub Choupo out, we need his aerial strength and that's pSG weakest point in defense. Coman should have been subbed out instead.

I always rate Sane an overrated player before the season, dont know why many ppl here don't agree with that and we pay ridiculous 18m/season. Brazzo should be fired for mediocre works, for bringing home players (sarr, roca..) that Flick doesn't want and have no use in such crucial moments.

We have a few interesting young talents that we should take care them seriously, instead of letting go someone like Niklas Dorsch,stiller...

Torben Rhein, Scott, Sieb, Lasse Günther.. need a proper care, hope Martín Demichelis / Danny Schwarz can do the job. We need a strong Bayern II and dare to integrate them, not just by talk talk.

Some other local talents that I think can become great players:

Ridle Baku - Wolfsburg https://1xbet.whoscored.com/Players/356 ... Ridle-Baku : with him we have decent backup in both fullbacks and can play AMR very well. => https://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2 ... rgino-dest we picked Sarr over Baku :mrgreen:

Ansgar Knauff(expires Jun 30, 2023) - Dortmund
Lucas Nmecha (expires Jun 30, 2022): to replace Choupo
Our boy Gunther: https://www.goal.com/en/news/lasse-gunt ... jk6q8191xl
bmguy
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Vietnam

Postby longeleven » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:07 am

bmguy wrote:I dont remember the last time our wingers score a goal. Flick made a mistake to sub Choupo out, we need his aerial strength and that's pSG weakest point in defense. Coman should have been subbed out instead.

l

Javi in for air strike but the one should out is Sane, I have the feeling if Choup and Javi were on the pitch at the same time, the mess they could created together in front of Navas will be huge.
Last edited by longeleven on Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
longeleven
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby longeleven » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:16 am

bbenno wrote:Lucas and Neuer maybe our best players tonight? Lucas was a beast!
Davies was surprisingly poor! Kimmich mediocre. (I can’t believe we don’t appreciate Boateng more, he’s really not that poor).
Sane was utter shit...oh how I miss Robbery...and Gnabry.
As others already pointed out, we F’ed this up in the first leg. It was always a mountain to climb without Lewi, Goretzka and Gnabry.
I give credit to the team for at least winning this match...

The ref was shit!

We needed just a bit more luck...

Kimmich was fine, he played his game normally. The difference was Choupo, who can't 1-touch the ball when inside the box like Lewy.

and the biggest flop of decade, leroy sane, who can't even control the ball if the pass was longer than 10m.
I didn't check stats yet but betting on most of unsuccessful passes of Kimmich in this game are targeted Sane.
longeleven
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Alexander » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:46 am

My thoughts after the elimination:

1.You need to have luck to win tournaments like this.
2. It doesn`t matter how deep or big squad you have when so many of the best players are out or gassed.
3. We played 3-3 and still we are out. I have said it before and I do it again, skip the rule of away goals.
4.Lucas-Upa for next season.
5. I belive in Sané.
6 Let us win the league.
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby icewizard » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:01 am

Wow, all of the Sane hate coming out now.

I'm confident he'll end up being a success. Yesterday he had a couple of bad decisions, and this can be worked on. But he did create the chances to follow up with those bad decisions. There is something that can be improved.

PSG played well, and would have deserved to score in this game. We lost the tie on the home game. At 2-2 it would have been different. But it is what it is. We have the potential to carry on the good work. Though we are no longer the steamroller we were last year. It's up to the board to step up with the right signings.
icewizard
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Alexander » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:02 am

Since our win in 2013 I think we could/should have won it more than once. Remember 2016 against Atletico and getting eliminated meeting Real. In my opinion we have been quite unlucky.
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:35 am

For those who thought we won it last season thanks to COVID-19, I have this to say: we lost it this season thanks to COVID-19. Gnabry playing would have been the difference between qualifying and getting eliminated, no doubt about that in my mind.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Birthday

Postby Achilles » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:58 am

icewizard wrote:Wow, all of the Sane hate coming out now.

I'm confident he'll end up being a success. Yesterday he had a couple of bad decisions, and this can be worked on. But he did create the chances to follow up with those bad decisions. There is something that can be improved.

From my side, it's no hate towards Sane. I have stated months ago that he has all the talent in the world but he lacks the fire. Put Muller's mentality into Sane and you have the best winger on the planet. Ballon D'or material. However, he is a slacker and he doesn't help the team when needed. Too much shadow minutes for that 10-min brilliance here and there... He has improved his decision making but he is still far away to become a leading figure at Bayern's offense. We witnessed against PSG that when Lewy is not on the field how our wingers gets shut down because of less space. From 180 minutes where Bayern played good football, Sane didn't manage to shine or contribute significantly.

Yes, I'm willing to wait for him but not for much long. Next season is the make or break year for Sane. He has to climb that ladder of excellence because he has the talent. If he doesn't then it shouldn't be Bayern's problem and his paycheck becomes a problem when he doesn't perform accordingly, therefore he needs to gear up.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Lukas » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:09 am

The worst day of the year. The day after Bayern go out of the CL. It’s a good thing I don’t have to be anywhere today as I’m wouldn’t be a nice person to be around. But if I get any annoying emails or calls from work...
Lukas
2020/21 Prediction Game Winner
2020/21 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League