You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-04-13] PSG vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:00 pm

Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will go through to the semis after 90 minutes
39%
Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will go through to the semis after extra time
4%
Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will go through to the semis on penalties
No votes
Bayern Munich will go through to the semis on penalties
4%
Bayern Munich will go through to the semis after extra time
13%
Bayern Munich will go through to the semis after 90 minutes
39%

Total votes : 23

Re: [2021-04-13] PSG vs Bayern Munich

Postby Mani » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:47 pm

How much more can we really have depth though? It’s unlucky to have 7 first team players out
Mani
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:50 pm

Our high press was far from effective, and that is because we didn't have our regular starters and more precisely Goretzka

Alaba can do well in midfield occasionally, but he is not Leon. Even Tolisso would have been a better option, but we had no other solution than Alaba

We did well enough in this tie considering all the circumstances and the quality of the opponent. We were just missing too many players.

Take a look at our bench tonight

Nübel – Martínez, Sarr, Nianzou, Musiala, Stanisic, Zaiser

And now this was our bench in the final last year

Ulreich, Hoffmann, Pavard, Süle, Martínez, Coutinho, Perisic, Tolisso, Cuisance, Lucas Hernández, Zirkzee, Odriozola

:!:

I agree than Sane was disappointing on both legs, but we didn't have any alternative and also he had been playing very well lately. Musiala is still raw for this type of matches and he was invisible.
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Mani » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:51 pm

Whoscored gave Sane and Lucas the same match rating... Just goes to show why I have never taken them seriously
Mani
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

[2021-04-13] PSG vs Bayern Munich

Postby #12 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:51 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:Sure Kimmich is all Thiago would dream of being
Out of the CL?

Setting up just as many attacks for the opponent as for his own team?

25?
Last edited by #12 on Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:51 pm

Who would have thought we'd manage the clean sheet and still get eliminated though? I think everyone thought it'd be easier to score 2 than keep a clean sheet.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:52 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:#12 wishes we lose so he could flame Choupo-Moting for not scoring 3 goals over 2 legs, something Lewandowski can't ever dream to do.
It’s not just goals... it’s wasted attacks...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:05 pm

Mani wrote:How much more can we really have depth though? It’s unlucky to have 7 first team players out

Yes. I'll go ahead and say it: We didn't get eliminated because of lack of depth or due to a bad set of summer signings. (Or, at least not the ones who are typically maligned...)

Having Dest instead of Sarr or Pavard wouldn't have changed the outcome.
We didn't lose because we had Costa instead of Perisic.
We didn't lose because Choupo-Moting was our backup CF as opposed to Zirkzee or whatever.

The primary factors in our elimination and/or bad performances this season:

1. Letting Thiago go and failing to adequately replace him (But if we are honest: Every single midfielder we could have purchased would have been a big downgrade, and the one 'replacement' - who would also be a downgrade - never really was given much of a shot, anyways). Thiago was the perfect midfielder to match with the way Flick wants to set up his defense, and there are very few - if any - players available to us who would've fit that role to the degree he did.

2. International break / COVID making players unavailable

3. Lack of defensive organization / continued insistence on starting Alaba in central defense / inflexibility

Ask yourself who we could have reasonably acquired as a backup CF instead of Choupo. Who are they and would they have really changed this tie? Is there some other midfielder who's better than Roca that we could have bought who would have changed things - who is that? Would Dest have changed anything at all? And so on and so forth. Yeah, we botched the summer window, but ultimately that isn't/wasn't a primary factor in why we're out of the UCL now.
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby dambun » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:05 pm

I am still pissed above all about the fact that Jogi Löw die not have the balls to play with the likes of Neuhaus and Werner against Macedonia and give our players an opportunity to rest and regenerate.

In the end, it was his irresponsible management -most of all- that costed us this CL, IMO.
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby #12 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:06 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:What we know from this game.

-Lucas Hernandez is the best center-back in world football at this moment. That was one of the biggest game clinics I’ve seen in my life.
-Bayern is going to suffer once Lewandowski is gone.
1.) THE WORLD? Slow down bugger, he had ONE great game...

2.) That’s news to you?
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:07 pm

Mani wrote:Whoscored gave Sane and Lucas the same match rating... Just goes to show why I have never taken them seriously

On top of that, they graded Sane 8.1 and Neymar 7.6 (along with a 7.7 in the first leg). Mbappe was only given an 8.3 in the first leg lmao.
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby zozon » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:10 pm

aterford wrote:Is there some other midfielder who's better than Roca that we could have bought who would have changed things - who is that?

I'm starting to think that Roca is in the same boat as Lucas. And I bet he can shine when given consistency.

Flick doesnt care about Roca, it wasnt his buy. And I'm tired of this "let him rot on the bench for no reason" attitude, I'm sure Brazzo is also!
zozon
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:11 pm

zozon wrote:I want Flick GONE if he starts Lucas at LB and Alaba at CD.
Gone. The sooner - the better.

I will also grow a Brazzo-beard as a fuck you.
Good luck finding a coach able to even remotely replicate what he did with Sarr, EMCM, Roca and Costa...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:12 pm

fcnrz wrote:Coman looks so overplayed. No bench players. Kimmich Goretzka,Boateng and Alaba also overplayed whole season.

Last season we were lucky we had a break and everyone fit.
We need a longer squad is obvious.
Don‘t tell anyone here
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:13 pm

zozon wrote:
aterford wrote:Is there some other midfielder who's better than Roca that we could have bought who would have changed things - who is that?

I'm starting to think that Roca is in the same boat as Lucas. And I bet he can shine when given consistency.

Flick doesnt care about Roca, it wasnt his buy. And I'm tired of this "let him rot on the bench for no reason" attitude, I'm sure Brazzo is also!
He’s probably not as good as him, but he’s definitely not bad enough to never play, he’s probably not worse than Alaba as a midfielder and he did look very promising in Spain.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:16 pm

munchen99 wrote:
zozon wrote:I want Flick GONE if he starts Lucas at LB and Alaba at CD.
Gone. The sooner - the better.

I will also grow a Brazzo-beard as a fuck you.

Agreed. The first leg was on Hansi. All season/poor defending has been on Hansi.

I'm very happy for Lucas. If I was Hasan I'd walk out Hansi right out the Saebener Strasse.

Sane was terrible. That last play with musiala open ... omg

Kimmich was obviously tired misplacing passes over and over (Why did Hansi play him versus union? full match to boot!).

Alaba did well both in mid and in LB- but Hansi likes to play him in CB after having a whole piss poor season at CB.

Choupo might not be lewandoski but he scored 2 goals in 2 games. All the flack he's getting and he's scored more than enough to justify him staying on for another season. Brave performance by him.

Muller average. No telepathic linkup with any player like he has with lewandowski. Also why did he play a full game vs union? WTF HANSI.

Neuer great performance. Made up for his goal last game.

Davies needs to be benched. Pavard was average. Coman average.

Hansi was given so much credit last season, but the high intensity football he played relied on us being fully rested, and having wrapped up the league a month before everyone else. He can't replicate that without a huge squad. And with his lack of squad rotation, does he even know how to use a large squad? I like him. But he needs to check himself after this instead of shitting on the board all the time.

Everyone complaining about Thiago leaving - well he decided to leave. You can't force him to stay. Perisic would've been nice to have today.
Which "large squad" are you talking about? Maybe you meant squid?
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League