You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-04-13] PSG vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:00 pm

Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will go through to the semis after 90 minutes
39%
Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will go through to the semis after extra time
4%
Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will go through to the semis on penalties
No votes
Bayern Munich will go through to the semis on penalties
4%
Bayern Munich will go through to the semis after extra time
13%
Bayern Munich will go through to the semis after 90 minutes
39%

Total votes : 23

Re: [2021-04-13] PSG vs Bayern Munich

Postby rthebest » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:48 pm

It doesn't matter how many injured player we got back. The defense will do another brain fart in the first 10 minutes.
rthebest
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby MUTU » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:55 pm

After #12 told us some three times that Marquinhos will play...

Can't see tweet? Click here!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Mani » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:02 pm

There is absolutely no way 12 could ever be wrong
Mani
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:17 pm

Kurzawa and Icardi also out.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby CiriacoS » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:26 pm

I am pretty sure PSG will go with the same starting 11 from Munich apart from Marquinhos. Thank god he is not available, he is a real monster in defence.

Although the whole world is expecting another goal fest I don’t think its quite that simple. Hearing Muller’s statement today I don’t think that we will go out from the first second like we have to score 10 goals. Cuz we don’t. I think both sides will definitely try to “survive” the opening 10-15 minutes without any blunders or gifts for the opponent. In Munich our first attack resulted in hitting the crossbar and their first attack resulted in a goal. I think both times will primarily try to avoid such scenario which can affect the game heavily from a psychological perspective.

That being said, I think as soon as we establish dominance and as soon as initial nerves settle we will gradually start to press more and more. I am sure the chances will come. In case we succeed in scoring first I think everything is open. Second goal will be a matter of time.

Psychologically I think it will be important not to concede first and especially not to concede such cheaply like last week.

All in all we have absolutely nothing to lose. They have advantage and they play at home. We have to go there and give them a try.
CiriacoS
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby T4L10N » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:38 pm

CiriacoS wrote:I am pretty sure PSG will go with the same starting 11 from Munich apart from Marquinhos. Thank god he is not available, he is a real monster in defence.

Although the whole world is expecting another goal fest I don’t think its quite that simple. Hearing Muller’s statement today I don’t think that we will go out from the first second like we have to score 10 goals. Cuz we don’t. I think both sides will definitely try to “survive” the opening 10-15 minutes without any blunders or gifts for the opponent. In Munich our first attack resulted in hitting the crossbar and their first attack resulted in a goal. I think both times will primarily try to avoid such scenario which can affect the game heavily from a psychological perspective.

That being said, I think as soon as we establish dominance and as soon as initial nerves settle we will gradually start to press more and more. I am sure the chances will come. In case we succeed in scoring first I think everything is open. Second goal will be a matter of time.

Psychologically I think it will be important not to concede first and especially not to concede such cheaply like last week.

All in all we have absolutely nothing to lose. They have advantage and they play at home. We have to go there and give them a try.

I really doubt we got that kind of luxury anymore. We just can no longer play safe. If its not a goal fest then, as hard as it is to say, we are out.

But I agree that its important not to concede first from a psychological point of view.
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby aterford » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:44 pm

As it stands I'd optimistically put our odds at 25% to advance, 75% to be eliminated. (538 has it at 71-29 in favor of PSG advancing now, FWIW)

If we concede first then it's pretty much 1% advance, 99% eliminated for me.

In the same way...if we score an early goal and it's canceled out by an early goal of theirs (I'm talking like, within 15-20 minutes or so) then it's basically over, too.

BUT...by the same measure, if we make it to halftime and it's 2-0 in our favor, or even a 1-0....at that point I'd favor us to get the job done.
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby T4L10N » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:52 pm

aterford wrote:As it stands I'd optimistically put our odds at 25% to advance, 75% to be eliminated. (538 has it at 71-29 in favor of PSG advancing now, FWIW)

In the same way...if we score an early goal and it's canceled out by an early goal of theirs (I'm talking like, within 15-20 minutes or so) then it's basically over, too.

BUT...by the same measure, if we make it to halftime and it's 2-0 in our favor, or even a 1-0....at that point I'd favor us to get the job done.

If we somehow manage to score 2 and not concede more than 1 before halftime, we will stand good chance, otherwise gonna be tough.

To be honest, I clearly remember games from early 00s and it was very hard to turn even 1 goal deficit back then compared to todays football. And even then, in Semis vs RM in 2000 CL, I remember how optimistic I was. We scored early by Jancker, followed by wrongly disallowed goal from Elber and then Anelka scored. It was kind of over since we lost first game 2:0 in Madrid but faith was always there. Then goal by Elber before 60 minute if I remember correctly, but unfortunately we didnt manage to score more as we failed to convert numerous chances after that goal.
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby CiriacoS » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:06 pm

T4L10N wrote:
CiriacoS wrote:I am pretty sure PSG will go with the same starting 11 from Munich apart from Marquinhos. Thank god he is not available, he is a real monster in defence.

I really doubt we got that kind of luxury anymore. We just can no longer play safe. If its not a goal fest then, as hard as it is to say, we are out.

But I agree that its important not to concede first from a psychological point of view.
It’s not playing it safe. It’s more trying to avoid losing the game before it has even started. They went 2-0 up in a blink of an eye in the first game and we can’t let that happen now because from psychological perspective it will end the tie.

Therefore, it is more important, at least in the first 10-15 minutes to avoid any silly mistakes by exposing us extremely at the back. Once we establish dominance, once it is clear that they will sit at the back deeply, then we will start attacking as hard as possible. We must not go in naively. There is no guarantee that they will choose to immediately sit deep and they can also decide to apply massive pressure in the first 15 minutes in order to end the game as soon as possible. Therefore, first objective would be to mitigate such scenario.

Of course, we should do everything to convert our chances as soon as they arrive. But we should not go all out like its minute 85. Even a single goal for us in the first half, without conceding can shift the balance dramatically since the next goal means they are eliminated. That means that the whole balance of the game may shift in different direction and they can become the one’s chasing the game and starting to come forward.

But we must put ourselves in a position to do that. Their score in the first game was completely avoidable. It happened as a consequence of our chaotic approach in the game. We basically gifted the goals and the chances. They did not work for them at all.
CiriacoS
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby T4L10N » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:16 pm

CiriacoS wrote:
T4L10N wrote:

It’s not playing it safe. It’s more trying to avoid losing the game before it has even started. They went 2-0 up in a blink of an eye in the first game and we can’t let that happen now because from psychological perspective it will end the tie.

Therefore, it is more important, at least in the first 10-15 minutes to avoid any silly mistakes by exposing us extremely at the back. Once we establish dominance, once it is clear that they will sit at the back deeply, then we will start attacking as hard as possible. We must not go in naively. There is no guarantee that they will choose to immediately sit deep and they can also decide to apply massive pressure in the first 15 minutes in order to end the game as soon as possible. Therefore, first objective would be to mitigate such scenario.

Of course, we should do everything to convert our chances as soon as they arrive. But we should not go all out like its minute 85. Even a single goal for us in the first half, without conceding can shift the balance dramatically since the next goal means they are eliminated. That means that the whole balance of the game may shift in different direction and they can become the one’s chasing the game and starting to come forward.

But we must put ourselves in a position to do that. Their score in the first game was completely avoidable. It happened as a consequence of our chaotic approach in the game. We basically gifted the goals and the chances. They did not work for them at all.

I see, you are right on this. But the problem is I doubt we avoid brainfarts from Alaba or another defender even if we are in control of the game (remember their 3rd goal and pass by Alaba). Thats why we need to score first and as fast as possible. we may break them if we score early and there will be chance to score 2nd one shortly.
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby America USA » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:17 pm

At this point I know it's all Ifs and Buts but honestly thought IF (a very big IF that is) Bayern takes the lead in the tie and actually manages to go 2-0 or 3-1 up at any point in time tomorrow then I think we're going to win it. PSG historically doesn't handle going down on aggregate well and we can take advantage of that IF we somehow manage to go up by a couple of goals.

However without Lewandowski and Gnabry it's easier said than done.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:18 pm

aterford wrote:As it stands I'd optimistically put our odds at 25% to advance, 75% to be eliminated. (538 has it at 71-29 in favor of PSG advancing now, FWIW)

I was about to say the opposite of your third point. I think scoring first is absolutely essential even if it’s cancelled out quickly. We need to know we can score, because that was the problem last week.

I hate to draw useless comparisons but last year the psychological boost from an early goal vs Barca still worked despite the blunder right after.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:21 pm

Btw, for what it’s worth, I don’t expect the tie to go on till the end. I think it’ll be over within 20-30 minutes. I bet someone will be leading 2-0 by then. Question is who.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:24 pm

Musiala must start on the wings ahead of either Coman or Sané. He's a talented youngster with everything to prove. EMCM and Müller should lead the line because Thomas works best behind a proper CF and he's himself said that playing with his back to the goal isn't his preference.

In midfield I think Alaba and Kimmich should start and Leon comes on as our impact sub. The defense of Davies, Lucas, Boateng and Pavard picks itself.

Also Neuer needs to bring his A game tomorrow IF Bayern are to turn the tie around. Can't afford any other silly mistakes from him again!
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby aterford » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:37 pm

America USA wrote:Musiala must start on the wings ahead of either Coman or Sané. He's a talented youngster with everything to prove. EMCM and Müller should lead the line because Thomas works best behind a proper CF and he's himself said that playing with his back to the goal isn't his preference.

In midfield I think Alaba and Kimmich should start and Leon comes on as our impact sub. The defense of Davies, Lucas, Boateng and Pavard picks itself.

Also Neuer needs to bring his A game tomorrow IF Bayern are to turn the tie around. Can't afford any other silly mistakes from him again!

That's pretty much exactly how I'd do it. Only question for me is which one of Sane/Coman to have as a sub.

EMCM
Musiala - Muller - Sane
Alaba - Kimmich
Davies - Lucas - Boateng - Pavard
Neuer

Subs: Coman for Musiala or Sane, Goretzka for Alaba. With any luck, maybe Javi to see out a lead...
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League