You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-04-13] PSG vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:00 pm

Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will go through to the semis after 90 minutes
39%
Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will go through to the semis after extra time
4%
Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will go through to the semis on penalties
No votes
Bayern Munich will go through to the semis on penalties
4%
Bayern Munich will go through to the semis after extra time
13%
Bayern Munich will go through to the semis after 90 minutes
39%

Total votes : 23

Re: [2021-04-13] PSG vs Bayern Munich

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:03 pm

They will score at least 1 or 2 goals so we need to go for a high scoring game

2-4, 3-4, 4-5 ... =P~

Ideally we will score first, but if they do that shouldn change the plan at all.
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:57 pm

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby bmguy » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:59 pm

:evil: It'd be a disaster to play mueller as false nine,he never play well there. Also, psg seems to be vulnerable on high balls, so Choupomoting and Mueller should play together.

Musiala should come in later to replace chopo when Flick wants to switch tactics
Last edited by bmguy on Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bmguy
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Vietnam

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:59 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:They will score at least 1 or 2 goals so we need to go for a high scoring game

2-4, 3-4, 4-5 ... =P~

Ideally we will score first, but if they do that shouldn change the plan at all.
Like I said, our target needs to be: score 3 goals, preferably before they score 2. Even if we manage to get to 2-0 it isn’t enough, at some point we’ll concede.

In my ideal scenario we’d manage to get to 3-1 at some point (or, heck, 3-0, but let’s not be too unrealistic). At that stage they need to push hard for a goal and even if we don’t manage to keep them out, we still have a second chance. Then if we somehow manage to put another past them while they’re pushing for a goal they suddenly need 3 more, not 1.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:01 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:Tbh it is doable, but its unlikely we wont concede a goal at all in the return with this shaky defense sadly. Man U did it in 2019 after losing at home even 0-2 and winning 3-1 in Paris. Our squad is way better and its not that psg got that much stronger imo. An early goal for us can make them believe even more in it. But i have a feeling it will be a Real repeat with a dumb mistake defense wise that destroys all the good work they are going to do. Psg was LUCKY in that return at home vs Barca aswell.. But the question is, can Bayern do it over again liie last week and who is actually match fit and not just playing because there is no other option for that match.

Thats wat makes conceding 3 goals in the home eg so frustrating. We need 3 just to nullify PSG's tiebreaker.

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby DRvad14 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:28 pm

DRvad14
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:38 pm

It is all on you buddy
IMG_20210412_142531.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby T4L10N » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:46 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:They will score at least 1 or 2 goals so we need to go for a high scoring game

2-4, 3-4, 4-5 ... =P~

Like I said, our target needs to be: score 3 goals, preferably before they score 2. Even if we manage to get to 2-0 it isn’t enough, at some point we’ll concede.

In my ideal scenario we’d manage to get to 3-1 at some point (or, heck, 3-0, but let’s not be too unrealistic). At that stage they need to push hard for a goal and even if we don’t manage to keep them out, we still have a second chance. Then if we somehow manage to put another past them while they’re pushing for a goal they suddenly need 3 more, not 1.

Well said, I just cant see us winning 2:0, so we need to target 3 goals at least.
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:48 pm

To be honest high pressure games like these are what football is all about. As much as I would like to always see Bayern stomping its opponents moments like these are worth savoring in my opinion.

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby #12 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:55 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:To be honest high pressure games like these are what football is all about. As much as I would like to always see Bayern stomping its opponents moments like these are worth savoring in my opinion.
Erm, what? This is not a high pressure game... Porto was... THIS is a walking disaster...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:58 pm

#12 wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:To be honest high pressure games like these are what football is all about. As much as I would like to always see Bayern stomping its opponents moments like these are worth savoring in my opinion.
Erm, what? This is not a high pressure game... Porto was... THIS is a walking disaster...
Frankly speaking the Porto fixture was hardly high pressure. We had too much quality to not go through hence the result. This PSG fixture is up there with the R.Madrid ties.

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Bayern_Swede » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:52 pm

The hard part is to score 3 or more goals. The really hard part is to do it without our two actual strikers in Lewy and Gnabry. We don't have a clinical finisher on pitch. Musiala is the sharpest one available at this point but he will not start tomorrow.

With Sané's and Coman's abysmal output last game, to some extent it was because PSG doubled down on them every time, we should really rely heavy on high, early crosses into the box for Moting and Müller rather than wait for our wingers to try and get by on 1vs1 situations.

And this is if we don't suffer any more injuries along with the game, which seems to be inevitable. I'm becoming more and more anxious regarding Kimmich who have played almost every week since his return and at such a draining position.

There's a chance, but it's microscopical. Also, I don't see PSG being as passive at home when they're ahead with 3 away goals in addition.

Skickat från min CLT-L29 via Tapatalk
Bayern_Swede
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:56 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
#12 wrote:
Frankly speaking the Porto fixture was hardly high pressure. We had too much quality to not go through hence the result. This PSG fixture is up there with the R.Madrid ties.
It’s worse... And just like back then, we stand no actual chance, just a hypothetical one...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby CiriacoS » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:12 pm

#12 wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:
#12 wrote:[quote="Firefox1234"]To be honest high pressure games like these are what football is all about. As much as I would like to always see Bayern stomping its opponents moments like these are worth savoring in my opinion.
It’s worse... And just like back then, we stand no actual chance, just a hypothetical one...[/quote]Although I agree that it is a very difficult situation, stating that we have a hypothetical chance is denying the UCL competition as such, as if you have never watched any other knockout tie in this competition.

I will only mention for example PSG - Barca tie from 2017. The first leg deficit for Barcelona was -4 goals. And PSG scored in the second leg, which means Barca needed 6. And yeah, you know what happened. And I cant think of at least 10 other ties in which major upsets happened, much bigger than what would be the elimination of PSG tomorrow. I am not saying that an upset tomorrow will happen per se, I am just stating facts that overturning a first leg deficit in the Champions League is is something which quite frequently seen in the competition. And it usually happens to teams with certain “comfortable” advantage from the first leg, which makes them to be complacent and gives them a false sense of security.

My point being...you just can’t say we have a hypothetical chance as long as there is time on the clock. And we have at least 90 minutes to go. Is it going to be difficult? Damn right yes. Is it impossible? Absolutely not.
CiriacoS
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:41 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Goretzka is in the squad.

Meanwhile it looks like Marquinhos is definitively out for PSG. Big loss for them, probably their best player in the first leg, or top-3 at worst (Navas, Mbappe)
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League