You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2020-08-23] PSG vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:00 pm

Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will win inside 90 minutes
3%
Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will win after extra time
No votes
Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will win on penalties
3%
Bayern Munich will win on penalties
No votes
Bayern Munich will win after extra time
3%
Bayern Munich will win inside 90 minutes
90%

Total votes : 30

Re: [2020-08-23] PSG vs Bayern Munich

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:15 am

MUTU wrote:He's only managed to assist against Red Star Belgrade in the Champions League, what are you seeing that I'm not?

The game, probably. Who crossed to Lewandowski for the Gnabry goal yesterday? Scored against Barca from a similar position too. That's why you don't look at stats.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MUTU » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:23 am

Dumbledore7 wrote:
MUTU wrote:He's only managed to assist against Red Star Belgrade in the Champions League, what are you seeing that I'm not?

The game, probably. Who crossed to Lewandowski for the Gnabry goal yesterday? Scored against Barca from a similar position too. That's why you don't look at stats.

I'm talking about the crosses on a silver plate for an easy sitter by the teammate. Kind of how Coutinho, who we criticised all season, came on in Perisic's place and provided that cross to Lewandowski who just couldn't miss. Perisic doesn't provide these kind of balls.

Ribery used to provide them every other match, Coutinho did it against Barcelona, but Perisic simply cannot do it.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:30 am

MUTU wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:

I'm talking about the crosses on a silver plate for an easy sitter by the teammate. Kind of how Coutinho, who we criticised all season, came on in Perisic's place and provided that cross to Lewandowski who just couldn't miss. Perisic doesn't provide these kind of balls.

Ribery used to provide them every other match, Coutinho did it against Barcelona, but Perisic simply cannot do it.

So Lewandowski didn’t miss an easy sitter then?
Dumbledore7

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby MUTU » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:46 am

He missed a couple of good chances against Barcelona but neither do I remember who provided them nor were they as easy as the head-tap-in provided by Coutinho

And yeah, yesterday he missed an absolute sitter (when Gnabry scored), but again I don't remember who provided it. Apologies for Perisic if he provided all three chances.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tuscanybayern » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:33 pm

tuscanybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby RVABayern » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:37 pm

I warned all my friends on FB that my profile will literally be all Bayern songs atleast until Sunday from classics to our albums haha. I’m sure my non soccer friends are just like WTF is with all the German music?
RVABayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tuscanybayern » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:48 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
SrLuisGuilherme wrote:PSG fullbacks are their liability. I'd say even their midfield are, as I don't think Verratti will start. We need to expose them on those areas.

We won’t be able to play past their midfield, it’s 2v3. Will be a wing battle again.

Agree, with their 433 we have to build up with a back 3 of Kimmich Alaba Boateng and at best it will be 3 vs 3 in the midfield with Goretzka, Thiago and Davies to receive passes
tuscanybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:52 pm

I don't think that long balls will work against them either....

We need to penetrate and or shoot from distance.

TBH I have already prepared myself for a disappointment.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby dras_l » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:57 pm

PSG will not play purely counterattack football, simply they don’t know how to play without ball (neither we do). On Sunday it will be crucial ball possession and not making mistakes in defense line (like last two gifted goal by Leipzig). If Pavard is ready I would play Kimmich in midfield, he is more than needed for midfield battle. Also would start Perisic on left wing since he is defensively most stronger winger and in the second half change him with Coutinho.
Better strategic retreat than dishonorable defeat
dras_l
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:18 pm

Mee too Pavard for Thiago.

Pavard is more conservative than Kimmich... and Kimmich 's characteristics are more needed in mdf.

Mueller has to track back to take care of Neymar
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:31 pm

Ed. wrote:About this high line, is it even working?

Isn't one of the points of the high line to catch the attackers off side every now and then?
I can't recall that happening even once vs Lyon. Every through ball or long ball seem to find an attacker onside and our defence then trying to catch up.

Can't have the same nonsense against Mbappe.
Not really, the whole point of the high line is to have our own team in a tighter space to reduce the amount of space the other team has to move, and thus make our pressing more effective. In that sense, our high line was incredibly effective against Barça, since they had absolutely zero space to breathe. Against Lyon I didn't think it worked very well, and I think it was because our pressing had no intensity at all.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:04 pm

dras_l wrote:PSG will not play purely counterattack football, simply they don’t know how to play without ball (neither we do). On Sunday it will be crucial ball possession and not making mistakes in defense line (like last two gifted goal by Leipzig). If Pavard is ready I would play Kimmich in midfield, he is more than needed for midfield battle. Also would start Perisic on left wing since he is defensively most stronger winger and in the second half change him with Coutinho.
I agree with your first two sentences (completely disagree with not having Thiago in midfield and with subbing Coutinho in early, both of which would be terrible ideas) and that is what makes me confident. Our players are much better all around the pitch, only in attack (and in goalkeeper, sorry) can they match us. If we come out roaring and pressing at full speed, we should dominate them and possession would be ours.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:31 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:No, not like any other player, it's his weakness and you'd have to be in denial to not recognise it. We've lost Champions League games because of it. Kroos doesn't make those mistakes.

Yes, it's just one of his weaknesses. But the problem is that yesterday he kept doing it throughout the whole match. It usually happens to him once or twice every game. But yesterday he f*cked up multiple times

Regarding Kroos... well, Kroos doesn't play in the same position than Thiago. Real Madrid have Casemiro and Thiago is playing more like Schweinsteiger did back in 2013

But let me show you a couple of things

(01:03) :lol:

(00:20) And mind you, this is not the Champions League but the WORLD CUP FINAL

But yeah, I agree that's one of Thiago's weaknesses. Can't argue with that

Dumbledore7 wrote:Neuer screwed up? He closed Depay down very quickly and pressured his striker. World class goalkeeping. The pundits commended it. What, don't tell me you think De Gea's a good player because he makes saves?

No, De Gea is a mediocre GK

Neuer is the best GK ever to play the game, I think I've been saying this since 2013. But he's lost his speed and can't play the Libero role as he used to

It was a clear error by Neuer, but then he managed to recover in the very last second and luckily Depay missed the chance.

He went to clear the ball and then he was caught in no man's land. He had a similar situation later on in the game and he's made the same mistake quite often in BL this year.

If he had stayed in goal Alaba and Boateng would have closed Depay down

Actually he made the same mistake last year vs Liverpool. But Sadio Mane is not Depay unfortunately.
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:39 pm

Thiago, Goretzka, Müller, Perisic and Kimmich are the ones that seemed more tired. Just look at this picture :?
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby sch0ll7 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:11 pm

what`s up with all the hate for our players. It seems like we dont know how to enjoy a win anymore. we were better than Lyon and we deserved this final. The same Lyon that defeated Juve and City. Yes they had chances and that is normal for a game in CL semi. We werent perfect...but we did our job.

Flick and our players know that we will leave some space for oppositions attackers but the gameplan is to put pressure on them and outscore them. And it worked with all of our games.

Chelsea also had good chances on the break, so did Barca and Lyon. But with the way we choose to play we outscored every team.

The way I see it...a team can have a good 20-30 minutes against us...then they just get tired and start making mistakes because they just cant handle our pace.
We will also play this way against PSG. I think that is the right thing to do. yes they will have their chances...but with this kind of tactics we will create more chances than them. and if we take our chances we will outscore them.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League