You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2020-08-23] PSG vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:00 pm

Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will win inside 90 minutes
3%
Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will win after extra time
No votes
Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will win on penalties
3%
Bayern Munich will win on penalties
No votes
Bayern Munich will win after extra time
3%
Bayern Munich will win inside 90 minutes
90%

Total votes : 30

Re: [2020-08-23] PSG vs Bayern Munich

Postby T4L10N » Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:00 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
T4L10N wrote:Is it me or you guys also saw that PSG completely ran out of gas in the second half despite having extra day rest? I saw that our fitness level was above every other team's, but couldn't imagine it was by that much. Not to mention that PSG had easier game vs Leipzig as Lyon game seemed more physically demanding.
I think is scoring really took down their morale as I feel we played a lot better after we had scored versus before, but maybe it was PSG’s fitness levels.

True, but even in those 15 mins in the second half before our goal, PSG still looked worn as I remember.
T4L10N
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:48 pm

We were definitely better and more in control in the second half even before the goal. Not sure whether it was fitness but I don’t remember thinking so.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby T4L10N » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:44 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:We were definitely better and more in control in the second half even before the goal. Not sure whether it was fitness but I don’t remember thinking so.

The reason why I thought it was due to fitness is that their tactics worked in the first half so there was no reason to change that. They had 3 clear chances, much better than ours, and played solid defense. They also tried to match our pressing, which seemed to work apparently, but took too much energy as it seems. Even Neymar and Mbappe defended in that game. When Tuchel made changes, e.g. subbing off Di Maria, people blamed him but I think it had to do with stamina. Overall I think they tried to use their energy to score 2-3 goals in the first 60 minutes on counters and than sit back completely. I might be wrong but who knows.
T4L10N
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Previous

Return to UEFA Champions League