You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2020-08-23] PSG vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:00 pm

Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will win inside 90 minutes
3%
Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will win after extra time
No votes
Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will win on penalties
3%
Bayern Munich will win on penalties
No votes
Bayern Munich will win after extra time
3%
Bayern Munich will win inside 90 minutes
90%

Total votes : 30

Re: [2020-08-23] PSG vs Bayern Munich

Postby Fénix » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:01 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:And a bunch of spammers since we became champions. I deleted 3 or so accounts today.

We will count and see by the end of the week, haha. :lol: :lol:
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Champions League final: Bayern Munich v PSG player ratings

Postby r10 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:05 pm

BBC Bayern Munich v PSG player ratings:
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53883561
Player of the match
Manuel Neuer
with an average of 8.13
r10
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Effenberg777 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:05 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:And of course, the 442oons video of the final:

,, the big bald fraud ,, hahaha
Effenberg777
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby Lukas » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:09 pm

Man the group stages under Kovac feel like a different decade, can’t believe it was the same season. The uninspiring win against Red Star in the first game and the nervy 3-2 win in Greece :lol:

The 7-2 at Tottenham under him, I still wonder how we managed that. Then the camera pans to him and Pochettino shaking hands at the end :lol:
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Fénix » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:25 pm

Lukas wrote:Man the group stages under Kovac feel like a different decade, can’t believe it was the same season. The uninspiring win against Red Star in the first game and the nervy 3-2 win in Greece :lol:

The 7-2 at Tottenham under him, I still wonder how we managed that. Then the camera pans to him and Pochettino shaking hands at the end :lol:

Seeing your comment only confirms how everything in these tough times around the world is super positive and great for Bayern therefore all the past negativity has no room around Bayern anymore. :)
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby RVABayern » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:42 pm

Jupp Heynckes had recommended Hansi Flick's promotion into head coach after Niko Kovač was sacked. Before the game v BVB, Heynckes calmed down the nervous Flick on the phone: “Don't worry. You'll win 3-0 or 4-0. I know my Bayern"

Bayern won 4-0 & it was the start

[Bild]
RVABayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:19 pm

Lukas wrote:Man the group stages under Kovac feel like a different decade, can’t believe it was the same season. The uninspiring win against Red Star in the first game and the nervy 3-2 win in Greece :lol:

To be fair, it really was ages ago.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Lukas » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:35 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:

To be fair, it really was ages ago.

Ive just realised it was another decade :mrgreen: But you know what I mean!
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:43 pm

RVABayern wrote:Jupp Heynckes had recommended Hansi Flick's promotion into head coach after Niko Kovač was sacked. Before the game v BVB, Heynckes calmed down the nervous Flick on the phone: “Don't worry. You'll win 3-0 or 4-0. I know my Bayern"

Bayern won 4-0 & it was the start

[Bild]
Yes, 2020 was awesome, but I would like to take this moment to take a bow before Jupp here!

L E G E N D !
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ed. » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:19 pm

Watched the game again. Have to say we were very very lucky.

Lucky not to concede that is. I think we were still the better team and in control of the game and if PSG did score, we had more in the locker to throw at them, score more and win the game. They had an extra day off but were the ones who were physically done around the time we scored.

Neuer's double save in the fist half is just incredible. Neymar probably thinks this is a chance but not a 100% chance on the first strike because he knows it's Neuer but on the followup I'm sure him and Di Maria are thinking OMG, we're gonna be 1-0 up. only for a Neuer foot coming out of nowhere to swat the attempted pass not only away but out of play.

In added time at the end, Choupo-Moting was a cm away from connecting to Neymars shot at goal and making it 1-1.
Imagine what we would have felt in this forum at that point if that had happened, given we had taken a risk and committed men forward for an attack, not being given a penalty for a clear foul on Lewandowski and then allowing a counter leading to the chance.
The ghosts of 99 would have resurfaced again.

During that quick PSG transition btw, that turn by Verrati in the middle of the park to hoodwink Goretzka, just genius. =D>

Btw, does anyone know what exactly happened in the first half when Herrera strikes the ball on the half volley into Goretzka and no corner is given?
In fact it strikes his arm/shoulder. It's not a penatly, but not only do PSG not appeal but they don't even appeal for a corner.
Everyone just runs back thinking it's a goal kick because it hit Thiago Silva (I'm guessing) and not Goretzka.
But surely Thiago Silva clearly knows it didn't hit him? :-s
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:26 pm

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Achilles » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:39 pm

The game was on the edge from the first minute to the last, I can't describe it better.

Both teams had their chances to score it's just that we looked more shaky defensively than PSG but we had our plays and chances with two great plays from Lewandowski. One hit the bar would be a marvelous striker goal and the -weak- header stopped by Navas. PSG had more crystal clear chances but GKs play their part as well we can't say we were lucky when our GK does his job and when the opponent GK(or the bar) stops it's because we weren't good enough, that's double standard there not to mention that our GK is legendary. In the second half especially after the goal we had opportunities to put this game to sleep and end the final in five minutes, we were far better in the second until 80th minute were normally we tried to slow down, defend etc and PSG couldn't score. You can expect in a final that both teams will have their chances. Our goal though was phenomenal from the brilliant Thiago pass to Muller positioning,rotation and Kimmich pin-point cross. Just Brilliant.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:48 pm

IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby aterford » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:01 pm

Do my eyes deceive me or is that Lucas the first one out there running onto the pitch to celebrate with the team? You love to see it.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby pabloenigma » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:46 am

Ed. wrote:Watched the game again. Have to say we were very very lucky.

Lucky not to concede that is. I think we were still the better team and in control of the game and if PSG did score, we had more in the locker to throw at them, score more and win the game. They had an extra day off but were the ones who were physically done around the time we scored.

Neuer's double save in the fist half is just incredible. Neymar probably thinks this is a chance but not a 100% chance on the first strike because he knows it's Neuer but on the followup I'm sure him and Di Maria are thinking OMG, we're gonna be 1-0 up. only for a Neuer foot coming out of nowhere to swat the attempted pass not only away but out of play.

In added time at the end, Choupo-Moting was a cm away from connecting to Neymars shot at goal and making it 1-1.
Imagine what we would have felt in this forum at that point if that had happened, given we had taken a risk and committed men forward for an attack, not being given a penalty for a clear foul on Lewandowski and then allowing a counter leading to the chance.
The ghosts of 99 would have resurfaced again.

During that quick PSG transition btw, that turn by Verrati in the middle of the park to hoodwink Goretzka, just genius. =D>

Btw, does anyone know what exactly happened in the first half when Herrera strikes the ball on the half volley into Goretzka and no corner is given?
In fact it strikes his arm/shoulder. It's not a penatly, but not only do PSG not appeal but they don't even appeal for a corner.
Everyone just runs back thinking it's a goal kick because it hit Thiago Silva (I'm guessing) and not Goretzka.
But surely Thiago Silva clearly knows it didn't hit him? :-s

I am inclined to agree with you. But we have had more than our fair share of bad luck in the last decade, so I can't complain.

I think the last time we were lucky in Europe was probably the match against Fiorentina in 2010, Klose had a goal in the home match which was a clear offside. (plus a soft red card). If you come to think of it, I think we maximized our success to squad-quality ratio in 2010. We played a Champions League final with Altintop and Pranjic regularly starting for us.
pabloenigma
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League