You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2020-08-23] PSG vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:00 pm

Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will win inside 90 minutes
3%
Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will win after extra time
No votes
Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will win on penalties
3%
Bayern Munich will win on penalties
No votes
Bayern Munich will win after extra time
3%
Bayern Munich will win inside 90 minutes
90%

Total votes : 30

Re: [2020-08-23] PSG vs Bayern Munich

Postby pyrasur » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:55 am

MUTU wrote:
pyrasur wrote:What a week! I got engaged, Neymar is crying, and Bayern won the European championship, and we’ve avoided PSG winning and #12 explaining that we’re shit :wink:

Spoiler: show
Just kidding #12 I know “we’re still shit” but I don’t careeee I’m engaged and we won!

And what is best, the engagement or the treble?

Ill find out when and answer when Bayern win their next treble ;)
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Sydney » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:27 am

Neuer vs PSG 3:0 = the day I complain about a performance after a Bayern UCL win will never come. Besides, if there really was anything to complain about we would not have seen victory last night.

I was too young to appreciate the three wins between 74-76, I took them for granted. Then came the agony of a 25 years long wait for the next win, with three lost finals thrown in for good measure. The next title was "only" 12 years away, but again there were two lost finals in between.

And here we are. Like Dortmund back in 2013 PSG forgot to score. Or rather: they could not overcome Neuer. Their problem, not mine.

So: rejoice! These kind of victories don't come that often, so we may as well make the most of it.
Sydney
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:40 am

This is probably the best season played by a team in football history

It's not just the treble itself. You also need to take into account how the team won every CL match and thrashed the likes of Tottenham (7-2) Barcelona (8-2) or Chelsea (3-0 and 4-1). Can't remember the last time we lost a competitive game but I think it could have been Gladbach ? and that feels like ages ago

I wouldn't say this Bayern team is better than 2012/2013 Bayern. But Flick's high pressing tactics and the form of some of our players have compensated for that.

It is also the first time in years that we are somewhat lucky with injuries.
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby zozon » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:42 am

Good morning European champions fans, how is your day going?
zozon
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:46 am

#12 wrote:Btw, anyone else hoarse?

I seriously cannot talk...

I wasn’t (and am not) hoarse but I seriously couldn’t physically talk when the final whistle went off.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:56 am

YlonenXabi wrote:This is probably the best season played by a team in football history

It's not just the treble itself. You also need to take into account how the team won every CL match and thrashed the likes of Tottenham (7-2) Barcelona (8-2) or Chelsea (3-0 and 4-1). Can't remember the last time we lost a competitive game but I think it could have been Gladbach ? and that feels like ages ago

I wouldn't say this Bayern team is better than 2012/2013 Bayern. But Flick's high pressing tactics and the form of some of our players have compensated for that.

It is also the first time in years that we are somewhat lucky with injuries.
I’ve talked about this over the week. I think so too. If not the best in general, they’re definitely the most ruthless team we’ve ever seen.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:06 am

Two years ago when Bayern were eliminated in heart breaking fashion against Real Madrid in the semifinals I had said this:
To win UCL KO games you need to:
1. Take your chances
2. Keep clean sheets (even ugly ones if need be)

This season we did those things right and thankfully had a full squad at our disposal too. PSG/Lyon missed chances and they lost. Yesterday I think PSG played a very good game and could’ve scored had it not been for poor finishing and Neuer in our goal, but we somehow (even if ugly) kept the clean sheet and until the Coman goal they looked pretty organized forcing Bayern all the way back to Neuer on multiple occasions because there was no space/gap to exploit. But then Bayern took the one chance and the game changed.

Just makes me think that if we had done these two basic things in 2018 (or even 2016 for that matter) and had all our players fit then perhaps we would already be level with AC Milan.. a case of should’ve would’ve could’ve perhaps.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby cuil » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:06 am

People keep saying well-oiled machine whenever Germany is involved. But this is actually the first time for me a team actually seem like a machine. They just never stop. Even the 2013 Bayern sat back and focused more on defense when they went 1 goal up. This team just keeps pressing the PSG midfield and never gave them time to breath and string a couple of attacks. Every chance PSG got was a counter attack chance out of nothing (errors or missed passes). Thankfully, it's our night.
cuil
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:10 am

RVABayern wrote:So word Is Marseille has come unglued With celebrations of psg losing :lol:
Haha I just noticed on his celebratory post on Instagram, Neuer put the location as “Stade Veledrome Marseille”.

FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:45 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
RVABayern wrote:So word Is Marseille has come unglued With celebrations of psg losing :lol:
Haha I just noticed on his celebratory post on Instagram, Neuer put the location as “Stade Veledrome Marseille”.

BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He is ready for vacation in Croatia part 2. Part 1 really served him and was obviously fantastic battery charging. :mrgreen: :lol:

Velodrome, hahahahahaha. :mrgreen: :lol:
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby nm462272 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:54 am

didn't comment last night after the game - was too pumped up :lol: but congrats to everyone here, all the Bayern fans who have been waiting through heartbreaks the past few years to finally get to this point - not only another CL win, but a Treble, and quite possibly the most dominant CL side ever!

for what was a bizarre season overall - starting underwhelmingly with Kovac, passing the reins to our unproven assistant manager, seeing pretty immediate changes in performance and thinking "maybe there is something here"... then to Covid, the long pause, the hesitant return of football, the Bundesliga and Pokal wins, and finally this crazy CL tournament... i feel like it still hasn't hit me yet that we're once again the champions of europe =D>

i'm especially happy for a few key players to have won this CL:

Lewandowski - for having changed his game and become a true team player
Thiago - for finally proving he is a big game player in what is likely his last game with Bayern
Coman - for showing that he does have value to this team
Neuer - his first CL as captain, MOTM performance, and proving he's still GOAT
Boateng - for turning back the clock this season
Kimmich - the first of hopefully many major trophies (eventually as captain? 8) )

Congrats all! MIA SAN MIA!
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:04 am

My favourite part is how Flick casually slips out his phone to message his wife or someone like that. :lol:

He looks like the dad at a kid’s birthday party. :lol: :lol:
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby pavlos21 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:14 am

Congratulations to the team! Amazing season. Thing's can only get better from now on.
pavlos21
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tuscanybayern » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:16 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:My favourite part is how Flick casually slips out his phone to message his wife or someone like that. :lol:

He looks like the dad at a kid’s birthday party. :lol: :lol:

Lucas Hernandez is like Vidal and Ribery combined when it comes to celebrating
tuscanybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:22 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:My favourite part is how Flick casually slips out his phone to message his wife or someone like that. :lol:

It was actually Neymar's wife. :mrgreen:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League