You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2020-08-23] PSG vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:00 pm

Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will win inside 90 minutes
3%
Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will win after extra time
No votes
Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will win on penalties
3%
Bayern Munich will win on penalties
No votes
Bayern Munich will win after extra time
3%
Bayern Munich will win inside 90 minutes
90%

Total votes : 30

Re: [2020-08-23] PSG vs Bayern Munich

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:48 pm

Awax wrote:We don't start strong, so we gotta survive the first 15-20 minutes to win this. And please.. not that high line again :(

Unfortunately this is true. On the bright side when we do survive those first 15-20 minutes we tend to blow by our opponents.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby OhioFan » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:02 am

I just want a quick and heavily armed attack through the Ardennes on Sunday. I can only drink so much if its close and I have to work on Monday.
Stay well brothers and sisters in this time of world peril.
No matter who or where you are, peace be with you.
OhioFan
2015/16 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby icewizard » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:02 am

to be honest, i'm actually glad that today Depay had that opportunity against us and exposed our high defensive line issue so that Flick can focus on it in prevision of facing PSG. We can be in a lot of trouble if Mbappe plays against us with TONS of space behind the defensive line.

and saying what's on my mind: i'm hoping and praying we win this game and Champions League, but i'm extremely happy with Flick's tenure this year, and i hope the management will support him to improve the team even better.
icewizard
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SrLuisGuilherme » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:04 am

PSG fullbacks are their liability. I'd say even their midfield are, as I don't think Verratti will start. We need to expose them on those areas.
SrLuisGuilherme
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:05 am

SrLuisGuilherme wrote:PSG fullbacks are their liability. I'd say even their midfield are, as I don't think Verratti will start. We need to expose them on those areas.

We won’t be able to play past their midfield, it’s 2v3. Will be a wing battle again.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby SrLuisGuilherme » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:13 am

Dumbledore7 wrote:
SrLuisGuilherme wrote:PSG fullbacks are their liability. I'd say even their midfield are, as I don't think Verratti will start. We need to expose them on those areas.

We won’t be able to play past their midfield, it’s 2v3. Will be a wing battle again.

well it was a 2 vs 3 battle against Barca as well with a De Jong being one of those 3 (PSG is far superior I know). So wouldn't totally write off our game through the middle...
SrLuisGuilherme
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:42 am

I'm usually one of the most optimistic users here, but after last night's performance I'm not feeling confident at all.

It's not a matter of quality, but fitness. I noticed some of our players were almost DEAD from the very beginning and I'm not sure they can recover in just a few days

Thiago and Goretzka were exhausted and could barely play a simple pass. Thiago was trying, but he kept misplacing passes or losing possession. Goretzka was just ghost wandering around

You could see Lyon players were extremely fit. There were a few moments in the second half when their players were laughing and barely had any sweat on them. But then you looked at Thiago, Goretzka or Perisic's body language and you could see they had ran out of gas long time ago

And I wasn't expecting our defense to be so shaky. Luckily lot of stuff can happen during a football match and we also have world class atackers. But at this moment I have no clue how are we going to stop Neymar, Mbappe and Di Maria
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby #12 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:17 am

YlonenXabi wrote:I'm usually one of the most optimistic users here, but after last night's performance I'm not feeling confident at all.

It's not a matter of quality, but fitness. I noticed some of our players were almost DEAD from the very beginning and I'm not sure they can recover in just a few days

Thiago and Goretzka were exhausted and could barely play a simple pass. Thiago was trying, but he kept misplacing passes or losing possession. Goretzka was just ghost wandering around

You could see Lyon players were extremely fit. There were a few moments in the second half when their players were laughing and barely had any sweat on them. But then you looked at Thiago, Goretzka or Perisic's body language and you could see they had ran out of gas long time ago

And I wasn't expecting our defense to be so shaky. Luckily lot of stuff can happen during a football match and we also have world class atackers. But at this moment I have no clue how are we going to stop Neymar, Mbappe and Di Maria
Let it be on record once again I was basically ridiculed for putting them as favorites and people here have been making fun of them - and Tuchel - multiple times... Still hate them, including Tuchel, but gotta respect them... This is where we can show we're actual winners...!
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:26 am

SrLuisGuilherme wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:

well it was a 2 vs 3 battle against Barca as well with a De Jong being one of those 3 (PSG is far superior I know). So wouldn't totally write off our game through the middle...

Well that's exactly the point. We didn't play through the middle against Barcelona, or Lyon because our midfield is inferior in numbers.
Dumbledore7

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:41 am

YlonenXabi wrote:Thiago and Goretzka were exhausted and could barely play a simple pass. Thiago was trying, but he kept misplacing passes or losing possession. Goretzka was just ghost wandering around

Don't confuse players' inabilities with exhaustion. Thiago was aggressive defensively later on in the game, so obviously he wasn't exhausted. He misplaced passes because that's what he does when pressed - against Atletico, Porto, Real and others all those years back. Goretzka did his job in pressing even though he wasn't that involved in the goals. Could've scored early on if he got that finish right - would you still have called him exhausted then?

The players are fine. This is Flick's and Tuchel's game. I expect Flick to try and sort out the high line issues we have, and Tuchel also have a Pep-like tendency to try something different in big games which can go either way. We'll see it play out.
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby miera82 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:17 am

Is keylor Navas and verrati can play in Final ??
miera82
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malaysia

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:05 am

miera82 wrote:Is keylor Navas and verrati can play in Final ??

I think Navas can't and Verratti can, but Verratti shouldn't play anyway because they'd have a better chance against us with Gueye, Paredes and Marquinhos.
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Alexander » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:04 am

We neeed a great performance if we are going to win against PSG. Let us do it!
Alexander
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby cuil » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:44 am

I expect PSG to copy Lyon's tactics. One of the reasons we find RB Leipzig challenging. That mid/deep block wherein the opposition midfield and attackers make a square and surround their midfield counterpart is not easy to break. Good thing is we have CBs that can distribute well.
cuil
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MUTU » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:08 am

One thing I'm noticing which gives me courage is that we seem to be very prolific with our chances (we're outscoring our xG) while PSG, like Lyon, were guilty of quite some misses (I'm looking at you, Neymar). If we and they can keep this up, we don't even need to be the best team on the pitch on Sunday.

We need to look at the Boateng injury. If he's out, I'm not sure if Suele is fit enough to last 90 to 120 minutes, while Javi is way too slow to play there, which would leave Pavard as RCB as our only viable option.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League