You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2020-08-23] PSG vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:00 pm

Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will win inside 90 minutes
3%
Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will win after extra time
No votes
Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will win on penalties
3%
Bayern Munich will win on penalties
No votes
Bayern Munich will win after extra time
3%
Bayern Munich will win inside 90 minutes
90%

Total votes : 30

Re: [2020-08-23] PSG vs Bayern Munich

Postby sherpthederp » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:33 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
pyrasur wrote:Sometimes it’s frustrating when Carragher or the announcer can’t believe that a player is offside AGAIN, and they’ll exclaim that the opposing attacker needs to be paying more attention. And they don’t see how many times the opposing attack is snuffed out either by the offside trap or by how far the opposing attacker has to run while Neuer is sweeping in behind.

Exactly why I keep saying they’re obsessed. They mention it in every action and claim it proves their point that we are weak defensively and lucky they are offside, not realising that every offside proves the high line works.

Especially now that VAR is in full use in the CL. There’s no more fear of holding a tight line and getting screwed like against Ronaldo. It’s a massive boon to teams who play an aggressive trap.
sherpthederp
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:54 am

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Let's exchange the celebrations after the match.
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby MUTU » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:21 am

I hope they trained a bit with penalties, just in case.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:10 pm

Hey Dumbledore7, tell us how many sleeps we have left please, that worked last time :)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:32 pm

MUTU wrote:Hey Dumbledore7, tell us how many sleeps we have left please, that worked last time :)
Probably 1 in my case.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:35 pm

It really seems like Flick wants Pavard back in the starting line up. He's not someone who makes experiments on big games so this might sound unrealistic but do you guys think he might be thinking of a midfield trio of Kimmich, Goretzka and Thiago ? Whether if it is on a 4-2-3-1, 4-1-4-1 or 4-3-3 doesn't really matter

Because unless he hates Thiago for wanting to leave, I don't think he will bench him on a CL final which will also be his last match as a Bayern player.

I don't think Goretzka deserves to be dropped either

So what if Perisic is the one being dropped? In fact Perisic played centrally quite often during the match VS Lyon

That sort of lineup would give Davies more freedom as there would be an extra midfielder to cover his back (Does that make sense in English? :oops: )
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:40 pm

But then what ? Drop Mueller?
Never

Edit.
So you mean we play with one player on the left side?

I think that will leave us super exposed.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:53 pm

As I said it could be 4-3-3, 4-1-4-1, 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1... Numbers don't really matter. We've seen how our players change positions all the time. We've seen Kimmich playing RB appearing literally everywhere, wingers playing centrally, Alaba joining attack, wingers swapping sides... Then when we aren't in possession sometimes it is 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 or even 4-2-3-1. As I said, numbers don't matter

One of our weaknesses vs Lyon was Davies being caught out of position. Something that can get even worse if Kimmich is playing RB. It also seems that Flick wants Pavard back because he 100% sees Kimmich as our leader in midfield.

So maybe he's planning with a stronger midfield that would prevent us from being countered? That would also mean Davies can play a more offensive role

I don't know. I just don't think Flick will bench Thiago or Goretzka. But hey, that's just my opinion :P
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Fénix » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:57 pm

I don't expect any formation change and Müller stays where he is. Everything is based around him and everything is functioning great since he has started again to be world-class which wasn't the case after Euro 16'.

11 players play and you if someone must be dropped out of starting 11, then it's either Goretzka or Thiago to see Kimmich back in midfield and Pavard occupying his position.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:00 pm

Something like this:

Gnabry ----- Lewandowski ---- Müller
--- Goretzka -- Thiago -- Kimmich ---
Davies --- Alaba -- Boateng --- Pavard
------------------ Neuer -----------------

It doesn't look that good on paper but that would give us lots of flexibility

Davies would play almost as a LW with a back 3 of Alaba, Boateng and Pavard.

if Pavard joins attack then Kimmich would cover the RB area. The whole point is having always 3 at the back to prevent counters, a good midfield and good numbers up front to press high

In order to do something like this you need a very good tactical set up and players who can read the game. And at the moment we clearly have both so why not?
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:02 pm

Who said that Müller should be dropped ?????????????????????????????
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Dumbledore7 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:15 pm

TWO MORE SLEEPS GUYS
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Fénix » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:24 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Who said that Müller should be dropped ?????????????????????????????

You with 4-1-4-1 and 4-3-3. There's no system without Müller playing behind Lewy.

Just 3 doubts are open for Sunday's match:
- Coutinho/Coman starting instead of Perišić or the Croat starting all over again from the 1st min.
- Pavard instead of Goretzka/Thiago, ie Kimmich in midfield
- Süle or Hernández instead of Boateng

Everything else more than clear. There's no such thing as midfield Thiago-Kimmich-Goretzka.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:46 pm

What Xabi is suggesting could work and help us counter PAG but I would be VERY uncomfortable messing about with our formation to one we haven’t played recently.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:50 pm

MUTU wrote:Daniele Orsato has given a total of 10 penalties in the 31 matches he officiated. However, this season he gave 4 penalties in 6 matches, including 3 penalties in his last 2 matches.
Since we play an extremely high line, there will likely be few occasions for penalties against us. Were more likely to get penalties in favor of we press that high.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League