You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2020-08-23] PSG vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:00 pm

Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will win inside 90 minutes
3%
Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will win after extra time
No votes
Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will win on penalties
3%
Bayern Munich will win on penalties
No votes
Bayern Munich will win after extra time
3%
Bayern Munich will win inside 90 minutes
90%

Total votes : 30

Re: [2020-08-23] PSG vs Bayern Munich

Postby aterford » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:39 pm

Probably the thing that has me most worried tbh is that PSG are full of divers and the referee's a total yellow-card merchant. Obviously PSG will know his tendencies and will look to play the referee right from kickoff.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Effenberg777 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:40 pm

cmon guys we are bayern. psg is a made up team. with no cl history. we wont change anything coz we play against neymar or mbappe and will be stupid to change a winning team and put kimmich in midfield or bench thiago or change things now. and I am aware of our past with thiago doing bad things or lewa not scoring. lets enjoy the journey and the destination will be also a good one. the players deserve the trophy and they will take whats theirs.
and lets not forget lyon eliminated juventus and city. they are not weak at all. give them more credit.
Effenberg777
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby Mani » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:52 pm

It’s the CL final, it’s meant to be difficult and nerve wracking. No matter how well we’ll play, we could still lose because they have a quality team aswell.
Mani
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby RVABayern » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:56 pm

I don’t want to be a foot note. I want to be the team that ran the table in UCL. That’s something you can’t ever take from us. Years of heartache and bad luck. Sunday we can rewrite it all and go down as arguably the best UCL team as well best overall team in history.
RVABayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:59 am

If Real Madrid can bullshit there way to a three peat i don't see why Bayern can't complete an unbeaten campaign! LETS GO!!!!
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby sherpthederp » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:19 am

Finally some positive outlooks here! This is the most dominant Bayern side we’ve seen since the treble and all I’ve seen is fear of Neymar and Mbappe. I get that we need to respect what those two are capable, but we have Lewy and Gnabry in the forms of their lives and Flick has this team buzzing.

Also it seems like everyone is critical of the high line, but I believe it’s utterly critical to how Flick is able to get us to press so well. It’s a calculated risk in order to snuff out space between our lines and force teams into turnovers when they can’t create passing options in the middle. Dropping the line deeper creates a gap behind the midfield and opens up the suffocation we strive for. I think he will bring it back slightly with how pacey their attacking players are, But I don’t expect us to play reserved.

It won’t be a steamrolling, but this is our final to lose. This team has everything it takes to bring home another treble and I wholeheartedly believe in them.
sherpthederp
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Ed. » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:52 am

sch0ll7 wrote:what`s up with all the hate for our players. It seems like we dont know how to enjoy a win anymore. we were better than Lyon and we deserved this final. The same Lyon that defeated Juve and City. Yes they had chances and that is normal for a game in CL semi. We werent perfect...but we did our job.

Flick and our players know that we will leave some space for oppositions attackers but the gameplan is to put pressure on them and outscore them. And it worked with all of our games.

Chelsea also had good chances on the break, so did Barca and Lyon. But with the way we choose to play we outscored every team.

The way I see it...a team can have a good 20-30 minutes against us...then they just get tired and start making mistakes because they just cant handle our pace.
We will also play this way against PSG. I think that is the right thing to do. yes they will have their chances...but with this kind of tactics we will create more chances than them. and if we take our chances we will outscore them.
Agree 100%.

In the second half of the season and mostly in the last matches I personally enjoyed our direct, smart kind of football - something that I admit I hadn't for a long time.

We seem to have a (good) plan and play as a team - which is great.

IMHO, we will win PSG and outscore them in a great final.

Go Bayern!

Well, this is not what history tells us about big finals in neutral venues.
As someone else has also already pointed out, these are very very rarely high scoring affairs. 2-1, 1-1 1-0 are most likely scores.

If fans are nervous, can you imagine what players are going through?, especially someone like Davies who would have never had this experience before.
The only aspect that is a bit different in this final is the absence of a crowd. I don't know what kind of effect it is going to have on the game itself. Maybe without all the fanfare, it starts feeling like 'just another game' and I think that suits us more than it does PSG.

So, there are not going to be many goals and I'm absolutely worried about this high line nonsense at the moment and gifting away presentable opportunities.

If we get beat, I want it to be because we were beaten by a better team on the day, A Mbappe solo run or a Neyman freekick, etc etc, not because we shot ourselves in the foot and conceeded after errors.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby pyrasur » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:44 am

sherpthederp wrote:Finally some positive outlooks here! This is the most dominant Bayern side we’ve seen since the treble and all I’ve seen is fear of Neymar and Mbappe. I get that we need to respect what those two are capable, but we have Lewy and Gnabry in the forms of their lives and Flick has this team buzzing.

Also it seems like everyone is critical of the high line, but I believe it’s utterly critical to how Flick is able to get us to press so well. It’s a calculated risk in order to snuff out space between our lines and force teams into turnovers when they can’t create passing options in the middle. Dropping the line deeper creates a gap behind the midfield and opens up the suffocation we strive for. I think he will bring it back slightly with how pacey their attacking players are, But I don’t expect us to play reserved.

It won’t be a steamrolling, but this is our final to lose. This team has everything it takes to bring home another treble and I wholeheartedly believe in them.

Sometimes it’s frustrating when Carragher or the announcer can’t believe that a player is offside AGAIN, and they’ll exclaim that the opposing attacker needs to be paying more attention. And they don’t see how many times the opposing attack is snuffed out either by the offside trap or by how far the opposing attacker has to run while Neuer is sweeping in behind. And completely agree with Sherp they don’t understand how we are able to press so effectively because the entire team is organized in a coherent way.

The system allows a few chances while we run up there or eight on the other team, with countless more chances. Yes the opposing team is getting an opportunity, but no system is invulnerable. The team is running a system that minimizes the chances of the opposition. Neuer is the key to this defensive system the way Müller is the key to the other side of the field. You don’t run this system without these key players, or more accurately why waste the talents of these key players in systems that don’t maximize their talents?

Then on the other hand I say fuck it, let them continue to disbelieve while Bayern monopolize the system. They want to see tackles while Bayern let the ball and the line do all the work.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:57 am

Firefox1234 wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!
Who is the Ref? I was very concerned about this matter.
The Ref plays an important role
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:59 am

ramsej84 wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!
Who is the Ref? I was very concerned about this matter.
The Ref plays an important role

Referee: Daniele Orsato (Italy)
Assistants: Lorenzo Manganelli, Alessandro Giallatini (both from Italy)
Fourth official: Ovidiu Hațegan (Romania)
VAR: Massimiliano Irrati (Italy)
VAR Assistant: Marco Guida (Italy)
Offside VAR: Roberto Diaz Pérez del Palomar (Spain)
VAR Support: Alejandro Hernández Hernández (Spain)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:10 am

Not a positive news ....
We have to be super careful for the slightest of pushes... arms.... and dives...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby sherpthederp » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:02 am

ramsej84 wrote:
Not a positive news ....
We have to be super careful for the slightest of pushes... arms.... and dives...

On the other hand, Lewy is very reliable in terms of drawing fouls and forcing CBS into yellow worthy challenges. He will for sure target Thiago Silva early in the match and harass their back line
sherpthederp
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:34 am

pyrasur wrote:Sometimes it’s frustrating when Carragher or the announcer can’t believe that a player is offside AGAIN, and they’ll exclaim that the opposing attacker needs to be paying more attention. And they don’t see how many times the opposing attack is snuffed out either by the offside trap or by how far the opposing attacker has to run while Neuer is sweeping in behind.

Exactly why I keep saying they’re obsessed. They mention it in every action and claim it proves their point that we are weak defensively and lucky they are offside, not realising that every offside proves the high line works.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Achilles » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:16 am

Kehrer-Silva-Kimpebe-Bernat give me a break. Gnabry and Lewy's lunch...
Stop going crazy, their defensive line is a joke individually, we have Boateng in form with two CL finals and a world cup winner, the best LB in the competition, Alaba two CL finals and a winner, Pavard starter RB for France and world cup winner and another French WC winner defender sitting on the bench and the best GK in the world and I'm gonna sh!t my pants for a nobody like Kehrer and Kimpebe, our ditch Bernat and the finished Tiago Silva who they strip the captaincy because he doesn't have the guts to be?? Give me a break.

We're getting nervous about what THEY can do to us? Why you don't wonder what WE can do to them? Superior midfield, better TEAM chemistry, elite mentality going 11 wins in a row, best attack in the CL, best GK and best striker.
Their duo? Excellent footballers, let them come, I trust our guys and Flick ain't naive, he is mofo psycho, knows what he's doing. If they win because of their individual quality by Neymar or Mbappe pulling off two wonderful solo goals then good for them but it's a big IF and a Neuer there.I trust my captain.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:27 am

Daniele Orsato has given a total of 10 penalties in the 31 matches he officiated. However, this season he gave 4 penalties in 6 matches, including 3 penalties in his last 2 matches.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League