You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2020-08-23] PSG vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:00 pm

Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will win inside 90 minutes
3%
Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will win after extra time
No votes
Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will win on penalties
3%
Bayern Munich will win on penalties
No votes
Bayern Munich will win after extra time
3%
Bayern Munich will win inside 90 minutes
90%

Total votes : 30

Re: [2020-08-23] PSG vs Bayern Munich

Postby RVABayern » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:12 pm

Destroy them, squeeze the life out of them, and then take mbappe as spoils. May have mercy on Europe‘s soul.

I think I’m gonna create a full Bayern room with banners, steins, boots, etc for Sunday for virtual watch party to live stream on fb since we can’t have like anything here due to COVID. Atleast friends and such can follow my joy, anger, sad, etc haha.

I should be nervous but we’re F’n Bayern Munich. This is the games we live for. We’ve been here before. This is our land. You wanna take it from us you will have to beat it from our cold dead red hands. Gentlemen hoist the colors.
RVABayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:20 pm

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby SrLuisGuilherme » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:24 pm

Firefox1234 wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!
Said it on Twitter on that very post and saying it here... I would be very surprised if Verratti starts the match. He played no more than 10 minutes against Leipzig, he probably has to match practice after being injured.
But well he’s a class player and probably can cope with that. It’d definitely benefit us if he’s benched. Same for Navas.
SrLuisGuilherme
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:54 pm

People are expecting a high scoring game with goals for both teams trying to outscore each other but history has taught me that when such a match is expected, generally the opposite ends up happening and the match ends up being a very low scoring affair. I'm calling it now: we will win 1-0 or 2-1.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:55 pm

I’d much rather Navas misses than Verratti but what the hell, bring them on.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:56 pm

MUTU wrote:People are expecting a high scoring game with goals for both teams trying to outscore each other but history has taught me that when such a match is expected, generally the opposite ends up happening and the match ends up being a very low scoring affair. I'm calling it now: we will win 1-0 or 2-1.
I have no idea whether we’ll win but I also mostly expect a low scoring game. Finals very often are even if a team is clearly better or has been scoring a lot. Just look at the 2013 final or the 2014 WC.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:05 pm

We just need to be more clinical and make use of our chances like we’ve done in most of our recent games (except for Lyon), and we’ll be fine I think. I’m similarly concerned about Neymar and Mbappe finding their scoring boots as well, but I do believe we have the experience and composure to edge this out, barring an early goal conceded.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:06 pm

Is it just me who is feeling much weirder/nervous/can’t wait for this final than past finals?

In 2010, I had little hope we would win and was happy just being there. I became a football fan after the 2001 final so I grew up with my team being something like Lyon today: a team that can cause an upset every now and then like eliminating RM but never really a contender. I honestly hadn’t thought I would ever see my team play a CL final and I was over the moon.

In 2012 the elation from making the finale dahoam and the two penalty saves vs Ronaldo and Kaka was somewhat dampened by the disastrous gap until the final.

In 2013, I knew we were the best team in the world. I believe we already were in 2012, to he honest. Naturally I was nervous after the two losses but I was sure we would win.

Now? After 2018 I believed our time was up and it would soon go back to being a team that’s an annoyance at best, but not a contender. Although I’ve been predicting us to win the whole thing since about December now, that was mostly elation at the football Flick brought about and I think part of me never thought we’d really make the final, especially after the QF/SF draw. I certainly wouldn’t have imagined us reaching the tinal this time last year. I’m confident we’ll win but at the same time not convinced like in 2013. Add in the very short gap betwen the historic 8-2 and the final (barely a week) and it’s become practically impossible for me not to think about the final all the time. I can’t focus on anything else.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:38 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Is it just me who is feeling much weirder/nervous/can’t wait for this final than past finals?

In 2010, I had little hope we would win and was happy just being there. I became a football fan after the 2001 final so I grew up with my team being something like Lyon today: a team that can cause an upset every now and then like eliminating RM but never really a contender. I honestly hadn’t thought I would ever see my team play a CL final and I was over the moon.

In 2012 the elation from making the finale dahoam and the two penalty saves vs Ronaldo and Kaka was somewhat dampened by the disastrous gap until the final.

In 2013, I knew we were the best team in the world. I believe we already were in 2012, to he honest. Naturally I was nervous after the two losses but I was sure we would win.

Now? After 2018 I believed our time was up and it would soon go back to being a team that’s an annoyance at best, but not a contender. Although I’ve been predicting us to win the whole thing since about December now, that was mostly elation at the football Flick brought about and I think part of me never thought we’d really make the final, especially after the QF/SF draw. I certainly wouldn’t have imagined us reaching the tinal this time last year. I’m confident we’ll win but at the same time not convinced like in 2013. Add in the very short gap betwen the historic 8-2 and the final (barely a week) and it’s become practically impossible for me not to think about the final all the time. I can’t focus on anything else.

Well, I also can say that I feel nervous before the final. I know Bayern is the better team at the moment. But the things which drive me crazy are 3 things:

1. Mbappe;
2. Neymar;
3. Di Maria;

I'm not scared, but since watching them regularly I know what's happening when Mbappe is left alone or with space on the flang. Neymar is unstoppable when he's having a great day - maybe he's not scoring so much lately - but he's creating a good chance after good chance. Di Maria for me is one of the most unappreciated players of the modern era - 12 goals and 23 assists this season - and no one is talking about him. I honestly can't remember which season he was not playing great, but for sure it's before the 09/10.

I just hope that we're not going to play the way that we played against Lyon, and I know Hansi is intelligent enough to make the much needed corrections before the game. I just don't want to give them their first Champions League throphy. It's not like they don't deserve it - but we're deserving it more.
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby RVABayern » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:55 pm

The words of the guy from Wonder Woman. It’s not about what you deserve. It’s what you believe.
RVABayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Alexander » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:07 pm

We are "afraid" of what Mbappe abd Neymar can do, but as someone said they probably fear Gnabry,Muller and Lewandowski. According to bookmakers we are the favourites.
Alexander
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:12 pm

This is the least nervous I've been since our final in 2001.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Awax » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:45 pm

MUTU wrote:This is the least nervous I've been since our final in 2001.

You're lucky, I'm not that confident. Then again, I never was before any of the finals.

What scares me the most is their dribbling ability. We've always had a hard time against dribblers.. and that's what they do best.

This is gonna be a real 90-minute game, they won't give up until the final whistle. We're golden if we can hit them hard early in the game.
Awax
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:05 pm

Awax wrote:
MUTU wrote:This is the least nervous I've been since our final in 2001.

You're lucky, I'm not that confident. Then again, I never was before any of the finals.

What scares me the most is their dribbling ability. We've always had a hard time against dribblers.. and that's what they do best.

This is gonna be a real 90-minute game, they won't give up until the final whistle. We're golden if we can hit them hard early in the game.

Actually, it's just that it hasn't hit me yet.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:19 pm

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League