You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2020-08-23] PSG vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:00 pm

Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will win inside 90 minutes
3%
Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will win after extra time
No votes
Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will win on penalties
3%
Bayern Munich will win on penalties
No votes
Bayern Munich will win after extra time
3%
Bayern Munich will win inside 90 minutes
90%

Total votes : 30

Re: [2020-08-23] PSG vs Bayern Munich

Postby aterford » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:22 pm

What I can't figure out is all this talk that speaks as though we're going to approach the final the exact same way we approached the Lyon or Barca match. Give Hansi and the team some credit. We're not talking seismic changes but the idea that we've been 100% totally static in our approach and will continue to approach every match the exact same....come on!
The first 15-20 min vs Barca wasn't the same as 21'-45' and from 21'-45' wasn't the same as 46' to 90' which wasn't the same as 1'-20'. And 1'-20' vs Lyon wasn't the same as 1'-20' vs Barca and wasn't the same as 21'-45' vs Lyon which wasn't the same as 21'-45' vs Barca and that wasn't the same as 46'-90' vs Lyon which...you guessed it: wasn't the same as 46'-90' vs Barca. And so on and so on.

If we approach PSG *exactly* the same as we've approached Lyon and Barca and so on then yeah: we might have some trouble. But I don't think Hansi is nearly that inflexible in his approach, given that in various phases of different games we've already seen our 'approach' changed as needed to suit the situation. I would not worry for one second that we will play the exact same game against PSG that we did against Lyon.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby wholagun » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:50 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Davies has to up his game again... yest he had quiet game

same can be said about a number of players. l'd be happy if their off game came against lyon rather than PSG
wholagun
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AvatarX » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:05 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:what`s up with all the hate for our players. It seems like we dont know how to enjoy a win anymore. we were better than Lyon and we deserved this final. The same Lyon that defeated Juve and City. Yes they had chances and that is normal for a game in CL semi. We werent perfect...but we did our job.

Flick and our players know that we will leave some space for oppositions attackers but the gameplan is to put pressure on them and outscore them. And it worked with all of our games.

Chelsea also had good chances on the break, so did Barca and Lyon. But with the way we choose to play we outscored every team.

The way I see it...a team can have a good 20-30 minutes against us...then they just get tired and start making mistakes because they just cant handle our pace.
We will also play this way against PSG. I think that is the right thing to do. yes they will have their chances...but with this kind of tactics we will create more chances than them. and if we take our chances we will outscore them.
Agree 100%.

In the second half of the season and mostly in the last matches I personally enjoyed our direct, smart kind of football - something that I admit I hadn't for a long time.

We seem to have a (good) plan and play as a team - which is great.

IMHO, we will win PSG and outscore them in a great final.

Go Bayern!
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:26 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:what`s up with all the hate for our players.

Come on man, nobody is hating on anyone. We're all on the same page regarding Flick and the players.
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:30 pm

Man, I’m changing my expectations for this game every hour.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:34 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:
sch0ll7 wrote:what`s up with all the hate for our players.

Come on man, nobody is hating on anyone. We're all on the same page regarding Flick and the players.
How does it feel in my shoes? Seem to fit quite well, right...?!

I just hope it‘s true we weren’t as focused and saved a little energy...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby sch0ll7 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:46 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Come on man, nobody is hating on anyone. We're all on the same page regarding Flick and the players.

what I meant was that some of the users here tend to find every bad little mistake in every player in last nights match.

Perisic - in last few games he did great. he is not a fancy player but he does his job, defends, runs, finds space, creates chances etc. He needs to start the next game. I am not saying Coutinho or Coman are bad...but they dont defend and are not as psyhical as Perisic. It is better for them to come in later in the game if we need them.

Thiago - yes he did try to overpass a few times yesterday and he does that in almost every game. but I am sure that is what Flick wants from him. Sometimes his direct passing through the middle is great and we score from it and sometimes it is a huge mistake. I agree that he should play it more safe. But Thiago was great yesterday..not to mention against Barca. He controled the midfield almost by himself (as Goretzka is instructed to push up and open space). Wont even mention how many duels he won and how much he helps in defence.

Boateng - His game was almost perfect yesterday. he is in top form since the restart of the 2nd half of the season. I dont know why are you all so against this guy. he is our most experienced defender. But you rant about changing him with a guy who just spent almost a year out of the game...for the most cruical game of this season. Sule is a top defender but he is nowhere near his best and we could see that yesterday...he lost duels to the guys 2x smaller than him.

And then about Neuer. This guy is arugably the best GK in football history. And he kept a clean sheet by playing great...and somehow there is talk about him...i just cant...

Every guy that started in these 2 games absolutely deserves to start in our next game. They earned it. PSG will have their chances...just like every other team had them against us. But we will push, fight, run, shoot and eventually outplay them if everyone on our team gives 100%.
I trust Flick and our guys...and they will deliver us this trophy on sunday.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby #12 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:58 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:Come on man, nobody is hating on anyone. We're all on the same page regarding Flick and the players.

what I meant was that some of the users here tend to find every bad little mistake in every player in last nights match.

Perisic - in last few games he did great. he is not a fancy player but he does his job, defends, runs, finds space, creates chances etc. He needs to start the next game. I am not saying Coutinho or Coman are bad...but they dont defend and are not as psyhical as Perisic. It is better for them to come in later in the game if we need them.

Thiago - yes he did try to overpass a few times yesterday and he does that in almost every game. but I am sure that is what Flick wants from him. Sometimes his direct passing through the middle is great and we score from it and sometimes it is a huge mistake. I agree that he should play it more safe. But Thiago was great yesterday..not to mention against Barca. He controled the midfield almost by himself (as Goretzka is instructed to push up and open space). Wont even mention how many duels he won and how much he helps in defence.

Boateng - His game was almost perfect yesterday. he is in top form since the restart of the 2nd half of the season. I dont know why are you all so against this guy. he is our most experienced defender. But you rant about changing him with a guy who just spent almost a year out of the game...for the most cruical game of this season. Sule is a top defender but he is nowhere near his best and we could see that yesterday...he lost duels to the guys 2x smaller than him.

Every guy that started in these 2 games absolutely deserves to start in our next game. They earned it. PSG will have their chances...just like every other team had them against us. But we will push, fight, run, shoot and eventually outplay them if everyone on our team gives 100%.
I trust Flick and our guys...and they will deliver us this trophy on sunday.
Hope you’re right... God knows we've lost our share of finals... In fact, a few club's shares...

But we have a few guys that know how much it hurts to lose one and what went wrong - but luckily they also know how to win it since then - Most of all Müller (was there 2010), Alaba, Neuer, Boateng (were there 2012), Lewandowski on the other side in 2013... But the first four also won it, so did Javi, partly Thiago... Then we have experience from a WC final on both sides (Perisic - Pavard, Hernandez, Tolisso) and a coach who won it...

Let’s hope they draw the right conclusions!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Hakara » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:01 pm

They will know when the subs will come and who they are at least. Coutinho in the 75th minute (75th vs barcelona and 75th vs Lyon) and Coman in around the 65th (67th vs barca, 63rd vs lyon).
Hakara
Woah, this feels cool!

National Flag:
Norway

Postby aterford » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:01 pm

Probably not a popular opinion but it is what it is.

PSG should be more worried about Lewy, Muller, Gnabry than we should be about Neymar, Mbappe, Di Maria.

For all the talk about how their attack is going to shred us...frankly, we've the better attack. And I'm not at all convinced our defense is worse than theirs, either, so...
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby sch0ll7 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:04 pm

PSG was lost in the first 40 minute or so in a game against Atalanta. They pressed really hard and controled the game. PSG players couldnt handle them. The moment they dropped back and defended...they lost.
During that first half...I remember thinking to myself that if we meet in the final, this is the way we should play. And I hope we press the shit out of them. Their defence is not that good.
Mbappe, neymar and co...will have their chances. everyone knows that. But if we execute our game plan right...we will create 3x more chances than them.
Lyon set-up really good yesterday and almost always had 5 at the back, that is why we didnt have much space and you could see that even Muller had problems finding space.
PSG wont defend so deep. They are not good at holding the ball when under pressure. They are used to having possession and controlling the game. They are not good at just defending and playing for counters.

If we manage to repeat what Atalanta did in the first 40 minutes or what we did against Barca. Then we have nothing to be afraid of.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:18 pm

After the Barca game, someone pointed to the reaction to the own goal and pointed out that the players looked like they were expecting it. They never played for a clean sheet. They knew we’d concede and they’d have chances but weren’t bothered about it because they knew they just needed to do their job well and score their chances and all would be good. Perhaps that is the mentality we need for this game, at least as fans.

Any news on Navas?
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:23 pm

Would be hard for me to take that mentality tbh. I never take conceding goals well unless we’re well clear with about 10 minutes to go
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Postby #12 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:33 pm

Lukas wrote:Would be hard for me to take that mentality tbh. I never take conceding goals well unless we’re well clear with about 10 minutes to go
That’s because with all the improvement and entertainment we got since Flick, we also are somehow unable to properly kill the game and quiet our opponent... On numerous occasions even 3 goal leads were not a safe cushion... Unless we are 4 goals clear I am always worried, because somehow we always get shaky...
After the 4-2 I got worried again, and even after the 5-2 it was still too much of an open game against Barcelona... It’s entertaining, but also life-shortening...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:48 pm

We're just commenting the game, nobody is hating on any player.

Just because we won doesn't mean we played a perfect match and we're just sharing our opinion on the game here. We've all praised all our players and coach. Nobody is saying that Boateng sucks, Flick is an idiot, Perisic is crap or anything like that. It's the total opposite, we'll always be grateful for this season.

But they are not perfect and we are just discussing Lyon and PSG game here. Can't see what's wrong with that

sch0ll7 wrote:PSG was lost in the first 40 minute or so in a game against Atalanta. They pressed really hard and controled the game. PSG players couldnt handle them. The moment they dropped back and defended...they lost.
During that first half...I remember thinking to myself that if we meet in the final, this is the way we should play. And I hope we press the shit out of them. Their defence is not that good.

Well we've won the double and we're on an incredible run, but let's not forget that PSG have won EVERY SINGLE TROPHY so far this season (League, Supercup and both cups)

In that game vs Atalanta they were missing Mbappe, Di Maria and Verrati. 3 of their best 4 players. At least two of them will play on Sunday so it's gonna be a completely different story

You mention the way they played vs Atalanta, but Barça and Lyon could have also taken a 1 or 2 goal lead against us in the first half of both games as both had clear chances and hit the post once.

Again I'm not hating on anyone or being pessimistic. Whoever reads me on this forum knows I'm usually very optimistic and rarely criticise our players / coach.
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Spain

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League