You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Older UEFA Champions League titles aren't worthy.

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Older UEFA Champions League titles aren't worthy.

Postby FcBayernX » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:38 pm

Lately, I've heard alot of people(Mostly supporters of the EPL) say that older Champions League titles shouldn't be recognized and are basically useless. Is this statement true? What are your thoughts about this?
Last edited by FcBayernX on Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FcBayernX
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membership

Re: Older UEFA Champions League titles aren't worthy.

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:51 pm

FcBayernX wrote:Lately, I've heard alot of people(Mostly supporters of the EPL) say that older Champions League titles shouldn't be recognized and are basically useless. Is this statement true? What are your thoughts about this?

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
Idiotic.
So what shall we do with the elderly ? Kill them all?
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FcBayernX » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:56 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
FcBayernX wrote:Lately, I've heard alot of people(Mostly supporters of the EPL) say that older Champions League titles shouldn't be recognized and are basically useless. Is this statement true? What are your thoughts about this?

Idiotic.
So what shall we do with the elderly ? Kill them all?
Thank you for the reply. I don't understand why people make this statement, though. Maybe because they're envious of others success?

FcBayernX
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membership

Postby tuscanybayern » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:59 pm

I have one word to define such statements: laughable.
tuscanybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Fénix » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:32 pm

They talk nonsense. In fact, I value older ones much more than today's because European and world football in general wasn't as unbalanced and predictable as it has been for the last 15-20 years.

The thing that hurts them so bad most likely lies in the fact their league and its hype, reputation, TV revenue, transfers isn't followed by international success and their clubs still aren't as dominant and present in European competitions as for instance Spanish football where they literally conquer everything they touch almost every single year and still win both competitions with far more Spanish players in their teams than those so-called English clubs whose presence of English/UK players is more than miserable in the starting 11.

How many titles would they have won if Bosman were never introduced in European football?

They won from the year 1995 to nowadays 4 CL titles(2 ManU, 1 Liverpool, 1 Chelsea), 3 Uefa Cup/EL titles(Liverpool 2001, Chelsea 2013, ManU 2017) and that's it.

Liverpool alone had won equal number of Champions Cup titles in period of 45 years, before 1990, to all other English clubs together(ManU 1x, Nottingham Forrest 2x, Aston Villa 1x), but still makes 8 titles, more than post-1995 football period.

The same goes with Uefa Cup titles. Before 1990, 5 won titles compared to 3 titles since 1995.

Seems to be they were better and far more successful in the far past than within the last 29 years. :lol:

They should focus on their young English players, promote them into starting 11 and make them leading stars of their league and elite clubs, legends and force that shall generate success, give them a chance to develop and become world-class instead of buying hundreds of foreign mercenaries and pushing their young ones away, even in the arms of Bundesliga clubs. It's not anymore that they don't know to play nice football, but damn... you have to give them time, patience and space to play.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Dumbledore7 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:43 pm

Completely agree. The game changes every 10 or so years, so title counts should either reset or older titles recognised to have less relevance as they get older.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:46 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:Completely agree. The game changes every 10 or so years, so title counts should either reset or older titles recognised to have less relevance as they get older.

:crazy:
GER won 2 world cups
BRA won 2

Argentina none
Italy 1
England 0 - LOL how are you going to explain that to the english ?

oh wait - actually domestically it is very good as my local team only won its firs league title in 2000 =D> and it makes us head and shoulders with the rest
Last edited by ramsej84 on Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:00 pm

Which tells a much more accurate story of the most recent footballing landscape.

I admit there's something to be said about keeping the whole history though. For example, by doing my method Greece and Leicester would look like much bigger teams, which we actually don't want.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Lukas » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:42 pm

Ask any modern EPL fan (fed by Sky and BT propanganda) and they will tell you that football simply did not exist before 1992 when the First Division became the "Premier League"

They talk shit anyway
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Lukas » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:05 am

ramsej84 wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:Completely agree. The game changes every 10 or so years, so title counts should either reset or older titles recognised to have less relevance as they get older.

:crazy:
GER won 2 world cups
BRA won 2

Argentina none
Italy 1
England 0 - LOL how are you going to explain that to the english ?

oh wait - actually domestically it is very good as my local team only won its firs league title in 2000 =D> and it makes us head and shoulders with the rest

True. I should apply the rule when talking to Leeds fans as apart from this season and last we've finished above them for every one so obviously we're a better and more successful club :lol:
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby DiegoForlan » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:43 am

Is this even arguable ? It’s basicly asking if History is relevant, makes no sense to me, ofcourse it is, to what extent, depends on the individual.

Learn the past to predict the future, clubs with a lot of trophies in the UCL usualy come from wealthy leagues, which will always atract investments. Clubs with history have a big fanbase, which also gets a lot of money. So they will most likely repeat their success in the future.

There’s a perfect example in todays football on the importance of previous achievments ( especialy in Europe ) and that would be Milan . Even though they have been a disaster for the last couple of years, they can still atract top coaches, players and investors, and they are on their way to European football again.

If i had to choose who would win if Tottenham and Milan played tmrow I’d choose Tottenham, however if I had to pick the club who will be the first to become European Champion out of those two I’d choose Milan without thinking.
DiegoForlan
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to UEFA Champions League