You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-10-02] Manchester City vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:45 pm

Manchester City will win
4%
It will end in a draw
19%
Bayern Munich will win
77%

Total votes : 26

Re: [2013-10-02] Manchester City vs Bayern Munich

Postby AdepT » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:30 pm

MUTU wrote:Why doesn't Bild.de do any more formation predictions the same way they did last season? I miss them, they were so precise.

I think they didn't want to feel ashamed with over 40 wrong predictions. It could have challenged their credibility.
Due to Pep-effect, nobody knows who will start. Even if that is known, the starting places are unknown.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Jorge » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:20 pm

MoFattal wrote:Zabaleta tends to go forward a LOT, and Milner is just.... Milner. Ribery and Alaba should be in top shape to make use of this weak point.

On the same lines: It will be interesting to see how Rafinha operates vs Nasri-Aguero running on his back when Bayern loses possession. I prefer Lahm as RB dropping Schweinsteiger to a holding role to open space for Muller on the high midfield. I am sure Lahm can handle it but I see Yaya Touré going very physical against him early on to make a statement.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby Achilles » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:12 pm

Lahm should play as RB,Nasri is at a good pace,he will make fun of Rafihna.
Schweinsteiger should play as a DM and Kroos & Muller(or Shaq) behind Mandzukic.I suppose Robbery will start.

I have to say that if Schweinsteiger repeats a performance like VFL we are finished,he was so bad that I was praying for Pep to sub him,fortunately God really exists. Same for Mandzukic but today he will fight as always does,I think that display was just not his day.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby runaway » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:16 pm

We have our best games if we score early. [-o<

“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby AvatarX » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:57 pm

22 hours left for our game!

This is the most difficult game for this year Champions League so far. Let's show determination and passion
and stay focused to our aim: Defend our Champions status !!!

GO BAYERN !!!

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:52 pm

Badger wrote:I see some people wishing that Martinez and/or Goetze might play in this game. I can't really agree. A player returning from injury is rarely the player or team member that he was when playing regularly at the top of his form. A big game is hardly the place for premature introductions. Maybe bringing them on for the last 20 min might add variation, at a time when City's game-plan is well understood, and it might be good for the players' and team's morale, but I can't see this game or the Leverkusen game being the time or place to start Martinez or Goetze.

Result? I'd be happy with a draw. It is the most difficult game in the group for Bayern, and a draw is a satisfactory result. Bayern don't need to win to prove anything to the world at large. They can do all that at the end of the season.

I know your right but i think your wrong :mrgreen: As a football fan i know a draw away from home is usually a good result but as a Bayern Munich fan I would never wish anything less than a win so regardless of who it is I want Bayern to win :twisted:

I just hope Lahm moves back to RB, so something like this would make me happy:
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:07 pm

For the Maltese guys, it will be live on TVM2. For once they are thinking about us Bayern fans.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Badger » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:15 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
Badger wrote:I see some people wishing that Martinez and/or Goetze might play in this game. I can't really agree. A player returning from injury is rarely the player or team member that he was when playing regularly at the top of his form. A big game is hardly the place for premature introductions. Maybe bringing them on for the last 20 min might add variation, at a time when City's game-plan is well understood, and it might be good for the players' and team's morale, but I can't see this game or the Leverkusen game being the time or place to start Martinez or Goetze.

Result? I'd be happy with a draw. It is the most difficult game in the group for Bayern, and a draw is a satisfactory result. Bayern don't need to win to prove anything to the world at large. They can do all that at the end of the season.

I know your right but i think your wrong :mrgreen: As a football fan i know a draw away from home is usually a good result but as a Bayern Munich fan I would never wish anything less than a win so regardless of who it is I want Bayern to win :twisted:

I just hope Lahm moves back to RB, so something like this would make me happy:

I think that we couldn't do much better than start with those players. Mueller's inconsistency has been a disappointment this season, but he seems to be at his best in cup competitions, so I hope that will prove to be the case tonight too.

As a rare exception, I'd be happy enough to see a 4-2-3-1 formation for this game, with Schweinsteiger and Kroos playing as the double pivot. Much has been said about their poor record playing together in those positions, but I think that a few things have changed and they have the potential for a top pairing in those positions. Kroos is currently one of the best tacklers in the team, and the coach is one of the greatest defensive midfielders of all time, and has added a lot to their game. Old records are a warning to be cautious, but not a conclusive proof that the pairing would never work.

As an aside, I started asking myself whether this is Bayern's biggest game in the first half of the season. Of course, that's a subjective question, but I think it may be the third most important, after the Chelsea Supercup game and the forthcoming Bundesliga away game to Dortmund.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby Badger » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:09 pm

Kicker.de predicts the following lineups:

Hart - Zabaleta, Kompany, Nastasic, Kolarov - Milner, Fernandinho, Yaya Touré, Nasri - Dzeko, Aguero
Trainer: Pellegrini

Neuer - Rafinha, J. Boateng, Dante, Alaba - Lahm - Robben, Schweinsteiger, T. Kroos, Ribery - Mandzukic
Trainer: Guardiola

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/chleague/spielrunde/champions-league/2013-14/2/2313331/spielvorschau_manchester-city-1343_bayern-muenchen-14.html

I wouldn't be too surprised if that prediction proves correct.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:54 pm

Badger wrote:Kicker.de predicts the following lineups:

Hart - Zabaleta, Kompany, Nastasic, Kolarov - Milner, Fernandinho, Yaya Touré, Nasri - Dzeko, Aguero
Trainer: Pellegrini

Neuer - Rafinha, J. Boateng, Dante, Alaba - Lahm - Robben, Schweinsteiger, T. Kroos, Ribery - Mandzukic
Trainer: Guardiola

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/chleague/spielrunde/champions-league/2013-14/2/2313331/spielvorschau_manchester-city-1343_bayern-muenchen-14.html

I wouldn't be too surprised if that prediction proves correct.

Im a little worried about Rafihna as an RB vs Man C but i know Pep isnt afraid to make any necessary changes if a problem arises
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Achilles » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:24 pm

Playing both Schweinsteiger and Kroos behind the striker will slow us down way too much,I don't agree with that.
I prefer one of them and Muller or Shaq as a partner,one more versatile than Schweini/Kroos.

I think we need to hit at Nastasic,with many vertical passes down to him,he does look shaky so our attackers will have good chances if City doesn't play as VFL or Chelsea defense.Moreover when they attack their fullbacks are up to high like ours so I hope Pep has some counter attack tactics for this,because I didn't see too much of these at our recent games(maybe because our opponents played like this dunno)
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Postby Cazorla » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:43 pm

Wish you guys good luck, not that you need it. :lol: City are good at home but I dont think they can trouble you guys much. Cant stand City, I hope you can smash them big.

2-1 win for Bayern. =D>
Cazorla
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Rauntšik » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:02 pm

@FCBayernManiacs: Bayern Lineup: Neuer - Dante, Ribéry, Robben, Rafinha, Boateng, Lahm, Müller, Alaba, Schweinsteiger, Kroos
Rauntšik
I post all the time

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby quaazi » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:05 pm

False nine Müller?

'dis gon' be gud.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby runaway » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:06 pm

Rauntšik wrote:@FCBayernManiacs: Bayern Lineup: Neuer - Dante, Ribéry, Robben, Rafinha, Boateng, Lahm, Müller, Alaba, Schweinsteiger, Kroos

Man City: Hart, Richards, Kompany, Nastasic, Clichy, Toure, Fernandinho, Navas, Nasri, Aguero, Dzeko.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League