You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-10-02] Manchester City vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:45 pm

Manchester City will win
4%
It will end in a draw
19%
Bayern Munich will win
77%

Total votes : 26

Re: [2013-10-02] Manchester City vs Bayern Munich

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:00 pm

runaway wrote:Interesting analysis of City's tactics in the Villa game from the few B/R writers I actually believe they know what they're talking about. Pellegrini is also a brilliant tactician I'm sure we all remember how Malaga played against BVB last year.

I think we need Martinez for this game. City's midfield with Toure will be very physical and we'll need Schweinstiger not be too burdened with defensive responsibilities. City play on the wings and starts their counters from there for a cross so we need our best fullbacks.

Sorry to break it to you Martinez will most likely not be fit for this match since he just started running again a couple days ago. I agree that Martinez would have been very much needed vs Man C but he isnt neccessary for Bayern to beat them in my opinion, but i think Lahm will need to be moved back to RB in this game cause i dont trust Rafhina vs Man C's wingers....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:09 pm

Call me pessimistic how much you like but I feel that we are going to struggle in mdf against Yaya and Co. I would throw in Kirchoff and Lahm as RB.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:14 pm

I've got the feeling Kroos will start next to Bastian inside; Robbery wide. Lahm DM.
tflags

Postby MoFattal » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:44 am

tflags wrote:I've got the feeling Kroos will start next to Bastian inside; Robbery wide. Lahm DM.

That would be a first :D

I have the feeling that Basti will take the DM role with Muller and Kroos upfront flanked by Robbery.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MUTU » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:06 am

tflags wrote:I've got the feeling Kroos will start next to Bastian inside; Robbery wide. Lahm DM.

This. These tactics have been working, and I'm not sure Pep will want to mess about with the starting lineup against such an opponent.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:12 am

Kicker's predicted formations:

Manchester City

Bayern Munich
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:19 am

I think Muller will be needed this game. He has picked up a bit of form in the last game, and he might as well show up in better form for this game. To be honest, I'm not liking Basti's CM position a lot. There's something missing there.
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MoFattal » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:22 am

MUTU wrote:Kicker's predicted formations:

Manchester City

Zabaleta tends to go forward a LOT, and Milner is just.... Milner. Ribery and Alaba should be in top shape to make use of this weak point.
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:28 am

MoFattal wrote:I think Muller will be needed this game. He has picked up a bit of form in the last game, and he might as well show up in better form for this game. To be honest, I'm not liking Basti's CM position a lot. There's something missing there.

I agree, i thought at first i would be happy to see Schweinstiger in a more advanced position but he has not really impressed me as much as i thought he would. He is definitely more solid to have than playing Muller their but i think i would prefer to see Gotze/Thiago there for the time being.

I wouldnt mind going back to this:
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby tflags » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:06 am

MoFattal wrote:

Has he ever repeated the same formation twice in a row this season?
tflags

Postby MUTU » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:23 am

The Dutchman Björn Kuipers will be the referee for this match. He's the one who refereed the Confederations Cup final between Brazil and Spain.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AdepT » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:13 pm

tflags wrote:
MoFattal wrote:

Has he ever repeated the same formation twice in a row this season?

I think this would be the first time.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby MUTU » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:48 pm

Why doesn't Bild.de do any more formation predictions the same way they did last season? I miss them, they were so precise.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Badger » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:03 pm

I see some people wishing that Martinez and/or Goetze might play in this game. I can't really agree. A player returning from injury is rarely the player or team member that he was when playing regularly at the top of his form. A big game is hardly the place for premature introductions. Maybe bringing them on for the last 20 min might add variation, at a time when City's game-plan is well understood, and it might be good for the players' and team's morale, but I can't see this game or the Leverkusen game being the time or place to start Martinez or Goetze.

Result? I'd be happy with a draw. It is the most difficult game in the group for Bayern, and a draw is a satisfactory result. Bayern don't need to win to prove anything to the world at large. They can do all that at the end of the season.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby Ruht » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:24 pm

Badger wrote:I see some people wishing that Martinez and/or Goetze might play in this game. I can't really agree. A player returning from injury is rarely the player or team member that he was when playing regularly at the top of his form. A big game is hardly the place for premature introductions. Maybe bringing them on for the last 20 min might add variation, at a time when City's game-plan is well understood, and it might be good for the players' and team's morale, but I can't see this game or the Leverkusen game being the time or place to start Martinez or Goetze.

Result? I'd be happy with a draw. It is the most difficult game in the group for Bayern, and a draw is a satisfactory result. Bayern don't need to win to prove anything to the world at large. They can do all that at the end of the season.

Couldn't agree more. :)
Ruht
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League