You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-10-02] Manchester City vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.
 

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:45 pm

Manchester City will win
1
4%
It will end in a draw
5
19%
Bayern Munich will win
20
77%
 
Total votes : 26

Re: [2013-10-02] Manchester City vs Bayern Munich

Postby runaway » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:34 pm

Total Football wrote:
runaway wrote:The only reason City is not sanctioned by UEFA


why would they be sanctioned. they aren't doing anything illegal.

the concept of investing in a business with the hope of getting a return on that investment is something ancient. its not insane or weird.


It's not illegal but it's unfair. Smaller clubs that doesn't have a sugar daddy was not given any allowances City had. Ask Isco and Pellegrini what happened to Malaga. :lol:

Even Boom Boris "Boom Boom" Becker said, "Sustainability is very important. As a football club you never want to be dependent on one rich guy, because after a couple of years, what if he loses interest in the club? Or what if his valuation crashes on the stock market?”

How about have another read, http://bleacherreport.com/articles/400079-how-can-bayern-munich-pay-franck-ribery-so-much

Every single penny we spent, we earned them so for you to criticize and spout baseless comments is offending to us. We worked for our success and City was handed the money to do what they want. So that's why when you said we had it easy, even if we shouldn't feed a troll like you, we can't help ourselves. :yawn:
Last edited by runaway on Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
User avatar
runaway
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3850
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:21 am
National Flag:
Philippines
Has thanked: 402 times
Been thanked: 1009 times

Re: [2013-10-02] Manchester City vs Bayern Munich

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:41 pm

runaway wrote:
Total Football wrote:
runaway wrote:The only reason City is not sanctioned by UEFA


why would they be sanctioned. they aren't doing anything illegal.

the concept of investing in a business with the hope of getting a return on that investment is something ancient. its not insane or weird.


It's not illegal but it's unfair. Smaller clubs that doesn't have a sugar daddy was not given any allowances City had. Ask Isco and Pellegrini what happened to Malaga. :lol:

You make a great point, when you put your club at the mercy of a single entity nothing is stopping him/her/them from just abandoning the project and leaving the club debt ridden with players they cant afford and wages they cant pay. That is one of the major problems of having these owners throwing so much money at a club.....
paullepage wrote:Do you have any idea how much it costs to build a stadium? You say that like they did something wrong.

I'm not a a bayern munich fan but it is common knowledge that they are one of the most responsibly run clubs around. you don't have to like them but some of your arguments are just ridiculous in my opinion.


You can only beat what is in front of you. Whatever you think of man city or pellegrini or Joe Hart, they showed up and got their asses beat. We'll see what happens in the next game but for now let the fans enjoy their win.

It hurt watching them beat my team 7-0 last season but u just have to take it and move on. Trying to blow out someone else's light doesn't necessarily make your's shine any brighter. Losing to Bayern doesn't make Man City any less of a strong team it just means they lost one game.

Great to hear from an opposition fan and personally want to welcome you and hope to see you around more, please introduce yourself here
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
User avatar
Firefox1234
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 19217
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:42 am
Location: United States of America
National Flag:
Kenya
Has thanked: 6008 times
Been thanked: 4706 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2013-10-02] Manchester City vs Bayern Munich

Postby Kevinx67 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:43 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
Kevinx67 wrote:You can say what you want about how well Bayern played but don't you think Hart gifted two of the goals? Robben even scored with his right foot against him. The Muller goal was a classic Bayern Goal but Clichy looked bad. Forget the red card cause once ManC bought on to midfielders Bayern didn't dominate the center of the pitch which intern lead to the red card. I'm not saying Bayern got lucky but it took way to long for Pelligrenie to make the change. I have to say Bayern playing Tiki Taka was disgraceful to anyone who loves German Football. Anyone who said Bayern isn't Barca Munich please watch how they passed the ball around during the game.

If you want to talk about the "what if" then lets not forget the free header Robben missed in the beginning of the match, the cross that Robben should have made to Muller for an easy tap in, the poor attempt Alaba took at goal when he was at the by line, and the through ball that Kroos should have given to Robben down the middle and that is all in the first half so we could go all day on the "what if" so lets stick to what has happened. When Silva and Milner came on Pep wanted to kill the game and had already taken of Schweinstiger, Robben, and Ribery who are better and just as important to Bayern as Silva is to Man C. Even if Pelligrini made the changes sooner Bayern would have dominated the match. Also Bayern were making many long balls from the CBs and on the counter attack they never looked sluggish at all so idk how that is anything like Barca. The goals Muller and Robben scored you could hardly call Barca like. The only time i thought Bayern looked like Barca was in the last 10-15 minutes when Bayern already had a commanding lead and no real reason to switch in to the highest gear....

Edit: To be honest i cant believe even after thrashing one of the best teams in Europe they're some Bayern fans who find a way to be unhappy, i really feel bad for those fans cause a Bayern side like this doesnt come that often. Their is a good chance 10 or even 20 years from now we will be talking about this egendary Bayern side like we do about the 70s Bayern Munich teams...


I'm not unhappy but you need to ask "was it Bayern great play or ManC gifting them the goals" I also wish they would stop the Tiki Taka play. Keep away is boring and it also doesn't produce goal scoring chances. Haven't you noticed between the first and second goal no matter how well Bayern played they really didn't produce many scoring chances. They had all that possession and needed ManC to blunder to score the second and third goal. I agree with you saying Bayern goals weren't Barca type and that is for another whole discussion on why Pep Guardiola is a bad choice for Bayern Manager.
Kevinx67
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:59 pm
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 35 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: [2013-10-02] Manchester City vs Bayern Munich

Postby Total Football » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:43 pm

runaway wrote:
Total Football wrote:
runaway wrote:The only reason City is not sanctioned by UEFA


why would they be sanctioned. they aren't doing anything illegal.

the concept of investing in a business with the hope of getting a return on that investment is something ancient. its not insane or weird.


It's not illegal but it's unfair. Smaller clubs that doesn't have a sugar daddy was not given any allowances City had. Ask Isco and Pellegrini what happened to Malaga. :lol:


Do you think Abramovich or Mansour randomly selected a club to invest in ? Ofcourse not. They picked the clubs that deserved investment. Chelsea was top 4 at the time. And Manchester City has a cool history and is a rival of Manchester United.

Investors look for potential. They dont just throw money at clubs for no reason. Give me one reason why it is wrong to invest in a club, do it.
Total Football

 

Re: [2013-10-02] Manchester City vs Bayern Munich

Postby Total Football » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:46 pm

Kevinx67 wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:
Kevinx67 wrote:You can say what you want about how well Bayern played but don't you think Hart gifted two of the goals? Robben even scored with his right foot against him. The Muller goal was a classic Bayern Goal but Clichy looked bad. Forget the red card cause once ManC bought on to midfielders Bayern didn't dominate the center of the pitch which intern lead to the red card. I'm not saying Bayern got lucky but it took way to long for Pelligrenie to make the change. I have to say Bayern playing Tiki Taka was disgraceful to anyone who loves German Football. Anyone who said Bayern isn't Barca Munich please watch how they passed the ball around during the game.

If you want to talk about the "what if" then lets not forget the free header Robben missed in the beginning of the match, the cross that Robben should have made to Muller for an easy tap in, the poor attempt Alaba took at goal when he was at the by line, and the through ball that Kroos should have given to Robben down the middle and that is all in the first half so we could go all day on the "what if" so lets stick to what has happened. When Silva and Milner came on Pep wanted to kill the game and had already taken of Schweinstiger, Robben, and Ribery who are better and just as important to Bayern as Silva is to Man C. Even if Pelligrini made the changes sooner Bayern would have dominated the match. Also Bayern were making many long balls from the CBs and on the counter attack they never looked sluggish at all so idk how that is anything like Barca. The goals Muller and Robben scored you could hardly call Barca like. The only time i thought Bayern looked like Barca was in the last 10-15 minutes when Bayern already had a commanding lead and no real reason to switch in to the highest gear....

Edit: To be honest i cant believe even after thrashing one of the best teams in Europe they're some Bayern fans who find a way to be unhappy, i really feel bad for those fans cause a Bayern side like this doesnt come that often. Their is a good chance 10 or even 20 years from now we will be talking about this egendary Bayern side like we do about the 70s Bayern Munich teams...


but you need to ask "was it Bayern great play or ManC gifting them the goals" .


bit of both.
Total Football

 

Re: [2013-10-02] Manchester City vs Bayern Munich

Postby runaway » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:02 am

Total Football wrote:Do you think Abramovich or Mansour randomly selected a club to invest in ? Ofcourse not. They picked the clubs that deserved investment. Chelsea was top 4 at the time. And Manchester City has a cool history and is a rival of Manchester United.

Investors look for potential. They dont just throw money at clubs for no reason. Give me one reason why it is wrong to invest in a club, do it.


Did any of us say it's wrong for these rich owners to invest in football clubs? We're just saying that Bayern is structured very differently and has a different philosophy.

From the rich guy's point of view, nothing wrong. In fact, football club is the new playthings of the rich. But from a football fans, point of view, it is worrying. Sorry if I edited my previous post and you might not have read this. Becker said it better, "Sustainability is very important. As a football club you never want to be dependent on one rich guy, because after a couple of years, what if he loses interest in the club? Or what if his valuation crashes on the stock market?” For football in general, this injection of rich owners is not good for the future of football. Have a read, "Why the Current Economics of Football Cannot Be Maintained" We saw what happened to the Anzhi clubs, when their rich sugar daddies but a stop on the sugar. :lol:

We are not the only set of fans who are not fond of City. It's human nature. You can't help but hate people who get things handed to them when here you are working hard and don't get the credit you deserve.

I ran out of cookies troll so I'm not going to feed you anymore. It's a sunny morning here for me, I'll just enjoy my day and move on, it's the past, we had a wonderful game and now we have another one later.
Last edited by runaway on Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
User avatar
runaway
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3850
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:21 am
National Flag:
Philippines
Has thanked: 402 times
Been thanked: 1009 times

Re: [2013-10-02] Manchester City vs Bayern Munich

Postby BayernLove » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:03 am

HE JUST F*UCKING PROVED HE'S A MAN CITY FAB AND YOU IDIOTS ARE STILL ARGUING! IMBECILES.
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
User avatar
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5647
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:25 pm
Location: Kuwait
National Flag:
Jordan
Has thanked: 1922 times
Been thanked: 679 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2013-10-02] Manchester City vs Bayern Munich

Postby Total Football » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:37 am

runaway wrote:
Total Football wrote:Do you think Abramovich or Mansour randomly selected a club to invest in ? Ofcourse not. They picked the clubs that deserved investment. Chelsea was top 4 at the time. And Manchester City has a cool history and is a rival of Manchester United.

Investors look for potential. They dont just throw money at clubs for no reason. Give me one reason why it is wrong to invest in a club, do it.



From the rich guy's point of view, nothing wrong. In fact, football club is the new playthings of the rich. But from a football fans, point of view, it is worrying. .


the PSG, Chelsea and Man City fans don't seem to be worried.
Last edited by Total Football on Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Total Football

 

Re: [2013-10-02] Manchester City vs Bayern Munich

Postby Total Football » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:40 am

BayernLove wrote:HE JUST F*UCKING PROVED HE'S A MAN CITY FAB AND YOU IDIOTS ARE STILL ARGUING! IMBECILES.


Whats a man city fab ? you mean "fan" ?

yes, i am a manchester city fan, in that i like their football style. but i also like the style of juventus, fiorentina, arsenal and barcelona. . but im not manchester city "supporter" .. meaning that i dont "support" man city .. i dont buy tickets or merchandise. i couldnt give a shit if City won the league or if they get relegated. like i said before, i support my local humble team. im not a glory hunter. why do you support bayern munich ? are you a glory hunter ? why dont you support your local kuwaiti team or something ?
Total Football

 

Re: [2013-10-02] Manchester City vs Bayern Munich

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:14 am

Total Football wrote:
BayernLove wrote:HE JUST F*UCKING PROVED HE'S A MAN CITY FAB AND YOU IDIOTS ARE STILL ARGUING! IMBECILES.


Whats a man city fab ? you mean "fan" ?

yes, i am a manchester city fan, in that i like their football style. but i also like the style of juventus, fiorentina, arsenal and barcelona. . but im not manchester city "supporter" .. meaning that i dont "support" man city .. i dont buy tickets or merchandise. i couldnt give a shit if City won the league or if they get relegated. like i said before, i support my local humble team. im not a glory hunter. why do you support bayern munich ? are you a glory hunter ? why dont you support your local kuwaiti team or something ?

Chill people no reason to become hostile towards anyone. Idk it makes you a gloryhunter just because the club you support is successful, imo as long as you support your club through thick and thin then your a true fan imo but terms like gloryhunter are so opinionated with no real definition you should not be throwing them around lightly. Like i said before many of us here dont mind when opposition fans come on the forum but dont come here starting trouble for everyone else [-X [-X
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
User avatar
Firefox1234
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 19217
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:42 am
Location: United States of America
National Flag:
Kenya
Has thanked: 6008 times
Been thanked: 4706 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2013-10-02] Manchester City vs Bayern Munich

Postby MUTU » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:48 am

Total Football wrote:
Tedesco wrote:Because it is artificial. There was no work from the club to earn that kind of cash.


when bayern munich was first founded. it needed money. people poured money into the club. there was no work from the club itself. do you criticize this act of pouring money into a club ?

WHY does it need people pouring money into it? I'm not sure what happened at the very start, but I doubt it involves a rich guy having a bright idea to invest in this new sport that looks promising, and deciding to build some headquarters, training grounds and a stadium. Usually the way that clubs start are that kids from a locale meet at some public field and play football and one day decide to register it officially and start competing in a league.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 49640
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 9018 times
Been thanked: 14717 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2013-10-02] Manchester City vs Bayern Munich

Postby Dalv » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:20 am

"Investors look for potential. They dont just throw money at clubs for no reason."

Anji anyone?
User avatar
Dalv
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:57 am
Location: Romania
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 113 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2013-10-02] Manchester City vs Bayern Munich

Postby BayernLove » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:29 am

Total Football wrote:
BayernLove wrote:HE JUST F*UCKING PROVED HE'S A MAN CITY FAB AND YOU IDIOTS ARE STILL ARGUING! IMBECILES.


Whats a man city fab ? you mean "fan" ?

yes, i am a manchester city fan, in that i like their football style. but i also like the style of juventus, fiorentina, arsenal and barcelona. . but im not manchester city "supporter" .. meaning that i dont "support" man city .. i dont buy tickets or merchandise. i couldnt give a shit if City won the league or if they get relegated. like i said before, i support my local humble team. im not a glory hunter. why do you support bayern munich ? are you a glory hunter ? why dont you support your local kuwaiti team or something ?

*sigh*
I guess it has fallen upon me to feed the troll this time...

First of all, stop being such a smartass when you can't even use proper grammar or basic punctuation.
Second of all, who is this "local team" you so vaguely speak of anyway?
Third of all, if City really does not interest you so much, why do you militantly fight for them on the forum of the team that just beat them and talk so much unnecessary shit?
Also, you basically denied being anywhere in the Manchester area when you probably are, and told an IT expert and administrator of a forum to just "look it up" regarding a technology matter.
Finally, I don't support a local Kuwaiti team because the stadiums are piss poor and the fans are hooligans, I'd much rather have Bayern in an armchair (although I must say I do like Al Arabi due to one player, nothing further), and I have a local team in Jordan, well had anyway.

Now, MUTU, please take it as your duty to ban this imbecile.
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
User avatar
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5647
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:25 pm
Location: Kuwait
National Flag:
Jordan
Has thanked: 1922 times
Been thanked: 679 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2013-10-02] Manchester City vs Bayern Munich

Postby Total Football » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:41 pm

MUTU wrote:
Total Football wrote:
Tedesco wrote:Because it is artificial. There was no work from the club to earn that kind of cash.


when bayern munich was first founded. it needed money. people poured money into the club. there was no work from the club itself. do you criticize this act of pouring money into a club ?

WHY does it need people pouring money into it?.


because a club cant be maintained without money.

every club was financed by a rich person(s) at some point.
Last edited by Total Football on Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Total Football

 

Re: [2013-10-02] Manchester City vs Bayern Munich

Postby Total Football » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:44 pm

BayernLove wrote:
Total Football wrote:
BayernLove wrote:HE JUST F*UCKING PROVED HE'S A MAN CITY FAB AND YOU IDIOTS ARE STILL ARGUING! IMBECILES.


Whats a man city fab ? you mean "fan" ?

yes, i am a manchester city fan, in that i like their football style. but i also like the style of juventus, fiorentina, arsenal and barcelona. . but im not manchester city "supporter" .. meaning that i dont "support" man city .. i dont buy tickets or merchandise. i couldnt give a shit if City won the league or if they get relegated. like i said before, i support my local humble team. im not a glory hunter. why do you support bayern munich ? are you a glory hunter ? why dont you support your local kuwaiti team or something ?

*sigh*
I guess it has fallen upon me to feed the troll this time...

First of all, stop being such a smartass when you can't even use proper grammar or basic punctuation.
Second of all, who is this "local team" you so vaguely speak of anyway?
Third of all, if City really does not interest you so much, why do you militantly fight for them on the forum of the team that just beat them and talk so much unnecessary shit?
Also, you basically denied being anywhere in the Manchester area when you probably are, and told an IT expert and administrator of a forum to just "look it up" regarding a technology matter.
Finally, I don't support a local Kuwaiti team because the stadiums are piss poor and the fans are hooligans, I'd much rather have Bayern in an armchair (although I must say I do like Al Arabi due to one player, nothing further), and I have a local team in Jordan, well had anyway.

Now, MUTU, please take it as your duty to ban this imbecile.


i'm not fighting for anyone, "Bayern Love" . I gave my opinion on the game and some people took offense and decided to have a go at me.
Total Football

 

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest